Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
Wally
XP Coupe

Default Bikie Boss

This been posted yet?

Quote:
Hells Angels boss Derek Wainohu has been stood aside from his job at the New South Wales RTA, pending an investigation.................
http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/...n_govt_payroll

Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

So he has a regular job? Big deal. Hardly a reason to sack him.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
VSSII

Obviously there's a considerably more to it and I strongly doubt the likes of NEWS.com.au would have the patience to print the full story. They are truly successful at dumbing down even the simplest of stores so the lowest common denominator can comprehend it. Unfortunately the detail is where the newsworthy information is!
VSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Straight to court unfair dismissal

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSSII
They are truly successful at dumbing down even the simplest of stores so the lowest common denominator can comprehend it.
Have you ever read the "have your say" section? I read it quite often and I just cannot believe that people that incredibly, mind-boggling stupid can actually exist.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #6
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Public Sector Employment and Management Act 2002 (NSW) requires public servants who have been convicted of a crime punishible by at least 12 months jail to show cause why they should not be sacked. This is the case whether or not they are actually sentenced to 12 months jail. They can be found guilty, but receive a no conviction recorded under s10 of the Crimes Act (NSW) and they still have to show cause why they should keep their job.

This has been the case with pretty much all public offices and employment in Australian public service juristictions for decades. Happens all the time. You even have to jump through hoops if you become privately bankrupt. The interesting thing is that it should have been sorted well before now, not after the story was run by News Ltd.

Public servants have to be seen to be accountable to the public, therefore a higher character history is required compared with private sector employees. It is also very difficult to get a job in the public service with a serious criminal history too.
Old 25-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
I just cannot believe that people that incredibly, mind-boggling stupid can actually exist.
Scary thing is they are breeding..... so there will be more of them!
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv84d
Straight to court unfair dismissal
Well depending on what his total package value is he might not be covered by the unfair dismissal laws I think its about $101,500.00 as the cut off

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My best mate works with this guy at the RTA - he's OK from what I hear - have met him a few times, seems like a nice enough normal guy.

As someone who also works in public service I can tell you know this is just Labor playing up to the media. he will be reinstated. At the end of the day its not illegal to belong to an outlaw gang (well not yet anyway) so I do not see on what grounds they can suspend him.

I might add though that I in no way support these gangs and I think they should be made illegal (just like in SA). This does not change the fact though that the RTA have acted inproperly in this instance.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
3vXT

I don't have a problem with them checking up on him but being stood down while they check his criminal history that should have been done ages ago it is a bit harsh. Unless there's some imminent threat that he's going to look up someones plates, go to their house and beat their heads into soup anyway.

I know a guy, hardly a gang leader , pretty much a decent guy, that got charged with two things a few years ago, both adding up to a maximum of 8 or 10 years (one was five and the other was 3 or 4 or 5 etc...) It wasn't a massive thing and i've never heard of anyone actually being sent to jail for it. He got about 25 hours community service and hasn't did anything even remotely similar since.
Anyway, he applied for a job in a public hospital last year and told them all about it. They looked into it and he still got the job. Told him it would have popped up when they did the criminal history check but wasn't a big deal.

EDIT: Sorry, i'm a little drunk again My point is, there is a hell of a lot of charges that carry a maximum sentence of 12 months or more. Many of which people would not consider to be serious because the repercussions are usually a lot less, it is the maximum sentence after all.

Last edited by 3vXT; 26-03-2009 at 02:08 PM.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #11
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

The 'Angels' have been wearing business suits for years, operating legit businesses, they just claim to be 'hard done by'.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #12
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag top
Scary thing is they are breeding..... so there will be more of them!
lol Watch movie "Idiocracy"

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #13
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

His predeessor works at a Ford dealer in Sydney. Top bloke. I've known him for many many years. But no access to data.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post