Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #31
james22
With da Warlords

Funny that you mention this russell. I put my first ever tank of united premium (95 oct) the other day. You wouldn't believe my dissapointment when a full tank of petrol read 280km DTE :-|

The worse thing is, according to the km's travelled so far, i'll be lucky if I even get 280km out of it. Haven't noticed any difference in the way its running though, was a little bit hesitant to start with, but adapted now.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #32
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headsex
Hey Russell,

I have a XR6 Turbo, tuned to the likes of 380rwkw or so.

Initially I tuned my car to run on Shell Vpower Racing (the 100 stuff).. Obviously because that has been pulled, I switched to the United Premium 100 stuff you talk off.

I Did however have to pull 1 degree timing at about 4750rpm in comparison to the shell 100, but overall, It allows me to run another 4-5 degrees timing over Conventional 98 fuels, and give me the likes of 30-40 extra rwkw at the same boost level as i would with a number 98.

In the past, when my car was tuned to 98 octane fuels, I tried a tank of shell 100, and noticed exactly what you described, it felt flat, and very lacking.. But This is linked to the fact your car is tuned for 98, rather than 100. If you had a full tank of 100, and got your tuner to retune it to suit 100, they will find they can wind some more timing into it accross the whole rev range, and as a benefit, more power

This is very well known in the xr6t community.. But yes, would require you to have a 98, and a 100 tune programmed into your flasher box.

ohh.. And I dont use Anything but 100.. I had to put ultimate 98 in once, it rattled its head off as you can imagine, and needed me to switch back to my 98 tune.. (which is the same boost, just less timing), and you can feel hell of a difference.

That is exactly what i was talking about!