Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #31
rodderz

Might have to look into a Les Paul custom...they are a fortune here

I need a truck for work too.... I dont think that'll be as easy though!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #32
shane3
FPV GT 0915

A while ago I was looking at a paint ball marker (gun) the model that I was looking at was only $320.00 US ($335.00 AU) the SAME marker here in Melbourne was $780.00 twice as much, why bother with the Australian market when its cheaper from the states.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2008, 02:26 AM   #33
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my cousin is here in Bangkok with me at the moment, he normally pops in every two years pending where I am, he always busy up big for the coming couple of years, not talking copies etc just in general, jeans, shoes, etc.

i bought an awesome pair of dress shoes that in Australia I saw for $220, here in BK got them for $55 yesterday!

feel for you guys back home, my cuz said things just cost waaaaaaaaay too much.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #34
B-Series

The car prices are so tempting.. almost makes me want to move there! GT500? :
B-Series is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #35
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about supporting Aussie business?
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #36
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA-289
Agreed and we should but it's just so damned expensive.

The cost of living is just too high and if you can save big dollars it's just human nature we'll go for the cheaper item of same quality.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #37
Kirky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA-289

But they dont support us! Trust me, i would prefer to leave my money in this country! But they (business, goverment etc) leave us with no option some times! Why are they not suporting us with fuel prices???? Most of our fuel is made here, so why are we paying on the US Barrell??? They prove to us time and time again that they will look after themselves before they look after us, so why should we look after them by supporting them??? Ok some things we have no choice but the things we can choose, why not save 50%???? I can only speak for myself but if i can save a dollar or 2 then im going to. I am not a high income earner.
Kirky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #38
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Agreed.
If the Aussie retailer can supply a local product of similar quality I'll buy the Aussie version, BUT for the most part, the Aussie retailer is merely importing the same product he can get cheaper in bulk, then marking it up for pure profit. I'd rather buy the same thing myself direct.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post