Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #31
shockwave XR
Starter Motor

another place you may consider if looking for a change is Rockhampton, 350kms south of Mackay, cheaper rent, cheaper houses than Mackay. Hastings Deering are still looking for fitters, plenty of positions available for tradespeople with other companies around town
shockwave XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 08:19 PM   #32
la2or
Your Hero

Just with Rocky it is hotter because it is inland and less rainy, correct?
la2or is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #33
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rocky used to have a lot of alcohol related violence and crime from people who lived in parks and drank all the time.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #34
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by la2or
Just with Rocky it is hotter because it is inland and less rainy, correct?
Only about 30klm from Yeppoon, which is on the coast.
Not a bad spot, stick to the northside.

Cheers
Old 05-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #35
la2or
Your Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
Rocky used to have a lot of alcohol related violence and crime from people who lived in parks and drank all the time.

When I drove through Rocky last time half of the people were...

only a matter of minutes ago from now, a gang of 30 to 50 ... went on a drunken rampage attacking a young family's house completely unprovoked.

In the attack, ... smashed most of the house windows, smashed the windows of a late V8 Commodore, possibly smashed up a Ford Falcon Ute. I know this because I was very close to the action. Not at the place but only a very short distance away. So close, two of my children woke up scared.

This is how ... behave. Nobody enticed them to do this. Nobody made them unhappy but themselves and the bottle.

Personally, since this is how they behave, first measures that must be taken is to make it illegal for ... to drink any alcohol and if necessary, it may be necessary for the safety of young families that ... be rounded up, completely seperated from the major population.

They, the ... bring it upon themselves.

Last edited by la2or; 05-12-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #36
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
i better not go there then . i am easily led , and may decide that this would be a better career than working .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #37
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
Only about 30klm from Yeppoon, which is on the coast.
Not a bad spot, stick to the northside.

Cheers
In general, although there are the older parts of southside which are virtually untouched by dramas, around the Range area or Allenstown.

Housing prices like everywhere has gone silly though, some places there are more expensive than Melbourne, median house price in Rocky has gone up 38% in the last 12 months
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #38
la2or
Your Hero

If you want to know some politically correct sensitive information about qld pm me.

No questions will offend me.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:10 PM   #39
shockwave XR
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by la2or
If you want to know some politically correct sensitive information about qld pm me.

No questions will offend me.

politically correct?? ahh just come out and say it, we all know what you
are talking about!! lol
shockwave XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #40
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

I live here and can get you a job and a house. I am a HR manger for a mining company and you can earn $120 000 Plus as well a car supplied. I am also selling my house 5 months old 1050m block. Fully A/C 4 bedrooms 2bathrooms 2 living areas, best of everything $525 000. Come on down we need you.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #41
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I lived in Mackay for 15 years. It used to be good, but a few years ago it jsut turned to shithouse. Example - a bloke I used to be friends with got bashed by a gang of darkies last Thursday at canelands (canelands is a shopping centre, which on Thursday night turns into the biggest gathering of , emos and gangs). Airlie beach isn't that great, it's just a beach surrounded by REALLY expensive shops. Mackay is very easy to learn your way around though. Expensive petrol, and rent and houses there are just amazingly expensive though. There isn't anything to do in the town though, there's the harbour (crap) and the marina (expensive unit complexes) and yeah that's about it. The bad areas are andergrove, south mackay, east mackay and west mackay, some of the northern suburbs are all brand new houses and they aren't suburbs, and Mt pleasant is the best nicest place to live. Also, pretty pricey though. Example - $400 a week for 3 bedroom lowset brick house. There isnt a mall or anything, just 2 shopping centres and a "Main Street", which isn't that great either. You can look forward to a rainy, smelly and loud show week every June, held at the filthy showgrounds. Mid-summer, in the city is unbearable. Traffic is TERRIBLE. The city is way overpopulated. To get from North Mackay to the city on a week day morning, about 10km's or so will take about an hour, unless you stick to the streets and keep off the main roads. Everyone is very rude and stupid. So, basically, to sum it up, Mackay is a bad place. Im not prejudice or anything, I'm just telling you becaue I know and have lived there for a large portion of my life. If you have to move there for work I suggest that jsut you go and live your family where they are. I never noticed how bad it was until I moved down here. Trust me on this mate, for a city the size of Mackay, it sucks really badly. I can't make it any clearer to you, don't go there.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 11:58 PM   #42
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh, yeah, and by the way, there's shetloads of snakes and toads.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #43
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Well i have lived here for 31 years and considering the massive growth and people moving here i have to disagree with you. 1 hour to move 10km's is CR@P. The fact you have moved to Tasmania says it all. Only sooks are scared of Toads and I have seen 5 snakes in 31 years.
Old 13-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #44
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But then again, I don't know what it;s like to live in Sydney, so if I sound like a fussy , sorry, but thats just my opinion.
Old 13-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #45
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo
Well i have lived here for 31 years and considering the massive growth and people moving here i have to disagree with you. 1 hour to move 10km's is CR@P. The fact you have moved to Tasmania says it all. Only sooks are scared of Toads and I have seen 5 snakes in 31 years.

Jarrah Street to Victoria street at 8am on Monday morning, going by the bruce highway over the ron camm, try it mate. And im not scared of toads, theyre just annoying, and I lived in East Mackay for a while there (wentford street) and say more snakes there than I did when I lived on the farm at habana.
Old 13-12-2007, 12:03 AM   #46
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

My sister in law lives in Mackay and she says its getting very expensive to live as the tourist industry grows at a massive rate so is the cost of living especially in the last 5 years.
She says you pay premium cost for everything living when you live in a popular tourist City.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #47
gtfpv
GT

it's amazing . i'm just going through my threads, i'f i'd 've went up there i may have ended up buying a lake house, underwater.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #48
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

guess you didnt make the break eh ?