Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #61
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Top gets ripped off (these 38DD's don't come out for just anyone!)and whole year 10 and 11 applaude a good catfight.
AAH BUGGER!!

Nobody told me this was going on
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #62
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
School 1960 vs. School 2007

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1960 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up mates.

2007 - Police are called, SWAT team arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. Mobiles with video of fight confiscated as evidence. They are charged with assault, AVOs are taken out and both are suspended even though Johnny started it. Diversionary conferences and parent meetings conducted. Video shown on 6 internet sites.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.

1960 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given a good paddling. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Counselled to death. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra funding because Jeffrey has a disability. Drops out of school.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1960 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. Psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison Billy's mum has an affair with the psychologist. Psychologist gets a promotion.

Scenario: Mark, a college student, brings cigarettes to school .

1960 - Mark shares a smoke with the school principal out on the smoking area.

2007 - Police are called and Mark is expelled from School for drug possession. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Vinh fails high school English.

1960 - Vinh goes to Remedial English, passes and goes to college.

2007 - Vinh's cause is taken up by local human rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that making English a requirement for graduation is racist. Civil Liberties Association files class action lawsuit against state school system and his English teacher. English is banned from core curriculum. Vinh is given his Y10 anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers, puts them in a model plane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.

1960 - Ants die.

2007 - Security and ASIO are called and Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. Teams investigate parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during recess and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.

1960 - Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy. Becomes gay.
( I think 1960 gets the ☺ from me ! )
Geez after reading that went and had a large glass of JD....woohoo feel better now
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #63
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Man you guys are way too serious :-) I posted it because I thought it was funny. Chill pill dudes.
Don't get too stressed there mcnews, there is nothing like a good old debate, the beauty of democracy. :
Old 21-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #64
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
No baby boomers in my family. Parents born in the late 60's and grandparents were born in the 40's.
Just noticed this bit, if the grandparents were born in the 40's, then guess what? They are baby boomers too!

Mid 1940's until 1960, if they are early '40's, then that is still pretty damn close - :
Old 21-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #65
red_hotxr6
Banned

AAhh but you had to live in the 60,s to appreciate how bad it is now here in the new millinenieum..
Old 21-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #66
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
All very nice, BUT, the baby boomers did it on their/my own, with no help from anyone, there is no way known their/my parents (WWI & WWII Vetrans, 1930's Depression survivors) could afford to give any finacial help.

Maybe you should go back and read my post, in particular the bit about one income, 4 kids, small old house. Everything we have, we have worked bloody hard for, and our kids will get our house/possessions when we die.
Whinge, whinge whinge!

I lived in a small old house that leaked as a kid with pit toilet and outside bathroom and shared a bed with my brother. My dad was a laborer and I had my brother and sister and my aunty and uncle (who we looked after) living with me so don't give me a sob story about how lucky my generation is. We ate what we grew in the garden but if lucky the local Italian pig farmers would give us some out of date pies from the factory that they fed to the pigs. Clothed by Vinnys and entertained by playing with the rusted out cars.

I've been working since I could walk originally picking fruit and then working in retail. I've never got handouts from anybody except youth allowance when I turned 16 (call me a dole bludger) and now I'm paying my way through university which is bloody expensive. I've been renting since I was 14.

The baby boomers had the best time ever to grow up. My grandfather on my mothers side fled from Germany after the war and came to Australia without a dollar in his pocket or a word of English and by the 70's was a multi-millionare.

I won't whinge about baby boomers if they don't whinge about "young people these days". Agreed?
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #67
Dezza
Parts bin special

I'm only 23, but I'm worried about the way Australia is heading. The problem is this stuff:

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #68
Josh L
Laser Driver?

LOL! That was awesome! sooo very very true... Luckily my mum and dad brought me up very much the way they were brought up. Still... my school was very much like the latter descriptions.

Josh.
Old 21-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #69
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see your points sleekism, and I feel for you.
Old 21-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #70
mitch_302

let's not forget:
1970/80: AFL game of the season, 5 minutes to go, long bomb into the forward line, Backman uses one hand to get a boost onto his oponnents shoulders, gets 4 feet in the air, give the fella a solid knee to the back of the head takes the mark of year.....saves the day

2007: Game of the year, 5 minutes to go, long bomb into the forward line, CHF backs back to take the mark, CHB holds a forearm in place to hold him off, free kick before the ball hits a hand...huge anti climax
mitch_302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #71
paul_r_d

1960- group of kids bashing each other up, teacher steps in pull kids off one another and break up fight. Kids have minimal harm.

2007- group of kids bashing each other up, teacher not allowed to step in or touch sudents, teacher is sued for negligence and breech of duty of care. Kids are bloodied and admitted to hospital.

(yes i know someone going through this)

The missus
2003 Rav4 4 door Cruiser

Last edited by paul_r_d; 22-01-2008 at 12:16 AM.
paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 01:32 AM   #72
theunfairadvant

Kids nowadays show no respect for anyone.
theunfairadvant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #73
red_hotxr6
Banned

Just look at the fiasco down the coast about a month ago, all those kids beat/bash and kicked an off duty policeman while he was on the ground. I really do not see that happening in 1960...
Old 22-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #74
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r_d
1960- group of kids bashing each other up, teacher steps in pull kids off one another and break up fight. Kids have minimal harm.

2007- group of kids bashing each other up, teacher not allowed to step in or touch sudents, teacher is sued for negligence and breech of duty of care. Kids are bloodied and admitted to hospital.

(yes i know someone going through this)
So in other words, the teacher breaks the fight up, gets accused of kiddie fiddling OR teacher yells from a distance to stop fighting, kids ignore teacher, beat each other to pulp, kids go to hospital, parents look to point fingers not at their kids for fighting, but for the negligence of the teacher for not stepping in? WHAT THA PHUK????

These days, your damned if you do and your damned if you dont. Political Correctness has gone beserk. Common sense is a thing of the past. Whats the point of waking up each morning! sheeeesh :togo:

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 11:52 AM   #75
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunfairadvant
Kids nowadays show no respect for anyone.
i blame heavy metal music and energy drinks
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #76
XABEBAGT
GT Driver

First post - Please be gentle with me.
I'm a baby boomer - Born late 1949.
When I left school (at 15) there was never any thought that I would not get a job. The longest time I have ever spent unemployed was 4 days. I never knew anyone who was long term unemployed.
When I got married (at 23) there was never any thought of not buying a house. Almost everyone I knew did it. My first house and land was $13,750 on a wage of $42/week.
When we had children (at 25) there was never any thought of my wife working. None of the mums around us worked.
I know there are exceptions to all the above but this is how it was in my circles.
I think it was easier then than it is today but we knew what hard work and saving money was all about. We waited until we had saved up before we bought anything. The first money I borrowed in my life was to buy my first home. We lived with bare floors and windows. We lived without grass, gardens and fences. We lived without a lot of furniture and appliances. Those were the best years of my life. We were very happy and we bonded : and we are still together 35 years later. We didn't need everything NOW and we didn't need credit cars or the latest gadgets.

It is hard to compare generations. We were very different to our parents and grandparents as our children are different to us and their children are to them. Accept them for what and who they are. They will never be the same as yourself.
XABEBAGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #77
ltd
Force Fed Fords

It is too realistic to be funny.

Here's another one.

Scenario: John and Janie are best friends at school, one day John calls Janie a fat pig.

1960: Janie cries, John feels bad and apologises.

2008: Janie tells teacher, teacher tells principal, parents are called for a big counselling session with social workers. Janie becomes insular and isolated to the extent that she develops hatred for all men not just John, and decides to become a lesbian. Janie tries to find out why she never succeeded in life and on further advice from psychologists, blames it on the one incident. Afronted, Janie seeks retribution and drives around in her Kombi Van looking for men to mutilate their genitals.
Today Tonight does a story on her Volkswagon, mutilation of men and her lesbianism; they dub it the Dick-Van-Dyke show.

Quote: