Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #61
gregg_13
2016 PX2 Ranger XLT

Who the hell told you the broken glass story, what a load of SH!T. Pull your head in Drongo and stop talking rubbish. The stories surrounding Absynth have become wilder and wilder as this thread has gone on, even the halucinations. Hell you want hallucinations go to Thailand for a full moon party and have a few Mushroom shakes on the beach, thats a night you'll wish you could remember.
gregg_13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

What a spin out, they just had a story on Absinthe on Ch 10 news a few minutes ago. Apparently its now legal to buy and sell in the US. The expert reckoned that when made properly you don't get the hallucinogenic effects. That would be the main attraction for me.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #63
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg_13
Get hold of some Grappa from Italy(spelling?) if you want something strong, or even Pocine, from Ireland. they will knocj your socks off, make Absynthe and Bacardi 151 taste like lolly water
I've had grappa, that. It burns.

Wouldn't all this destroy your liver?
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #64
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

heheh grappa..

one of my serbian mates took some of the real stuff to leavers with him, around 400ml in total and he was ****ed every night for a week!!

if you needed a chunder a quick whiff of that stuff and it was game over!
Old 08-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #65
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you cant get the real stuff here in australia, all the absythe you buy here doesnt have wormwood in it which is the halucinogen, although i have found some bottles with it, ie Green Fairy Babel abysythe. which is 70% and boy does it go down burning!

i love absythe though, i like the taste.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #66
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I find it funny that people say that you can't get the real stuff in australia, i have a bottle on my shelf right now that is has wormwood (thujone) in it, imported but is sold at dan Murphy's...so much misinformation in this thread...

...the stuff that you can't get in australia just has a higher wormwood content.
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #67
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

: found this thread by mistake but though I had to share.
When in Prague, my brother and I were doing absinth shots at a hostel bar. After a while I noticed my brother wasn't taking much - very unusual for him - so I grabbed a big German guy and we tried to walk him to the toilets in anticipation of the inevitable (not easy with a 6'4 110kg smashed rugby player), then i had the great idea of putting him in the ladies toilets (so we didn't mess up ours and they would think it was a chick that made the mess). he "popped" just as we got him in there and jebus what a mess, then the bar maid came out from one of the cubicles - ahhhhh it was so funny - I took him to the dorm and put him to bed and somehow got back to drinking in the bar - then someone comes down and says some aussie blokes spewed all over the dorm - how do Australians get their reputations I wonder - anyway everyone was cool - mainly because it was full of Australians and we kind of stick together overseas. man, it was funny - got some photos but I couldn't bring myself to post them (and my brother wouldn't like them getting out). needless to say we left early the next morning. we may have had hallucinations (I am sure my brother did) but the problem is, if you drink enough to hallucinate you can't remember the hallucinations.
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #68
Shrude
'74 Landau Apollo Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEaaron
From drunken memory i had a shot of it and it tasted alright and went down smoother than bourbon.
Crikey, change your bourbon,, havent you progressed from Jim Beam yet?

Your not supposed to drink Absinthe straight.
With ice at least, and only once it becomes a bit cloudy, if you drink it before its cloudy it takes like S*** , but tastes better once water or melted ice is added.

We used to have Chartreuse Slammers:
15ml Absinthe
15ml Chartruese
30ml Champagne
In a normal scotch / spirit glass

Drink it like a Tequila Slammer.
( Hand over the top of the glass, slam it on the counter so it erupts in bubbles and skull it down)

:
Shrude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:02 AM   #69
AusM
AusMotorsport

It used to hallucinogenic/toxic, but only recently they've been able to produce it to a safe product and get it legalised here. So what has been released in the last year or so is just an exclusive spirit, nothing more... Absint, Absinthe, Absynthe - various spellings old/new/foreign. Don't believe everything you see in the Eurotrip movie!
AusM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post