Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #91
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT
Ahhhh now I know why you bling the Terry. To remind you that you are alive. :evil3:

Nah Kev its vanity, so I can see myself from every position.....LOL
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #92
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 XF - AU11
HEY IT NOT 3 YET...........
22 minutes to GO
heheh yeah i go an early mark on my early mark huzzah.. i still had to wait until 3.20 for a damn bus though..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #93
mad cow
blue oval addict

i own my own concreting buisiness and am overbooked till xmas and booked out till march. i would say i have knocked back about $30,000 worth of work in the past week as people want it done before xmas or not at all. i cant wait for xmas so i can have a day off, my first since sandown, and a decent sleep in.

redhot xr6 i hear where youre coming from, everone wants your money but no one wants to work for it. (id be happy if they even showed up).
mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 11:58 PM   #94
Big_Fella
TROGDOR!! The Burninator

Last xmas i was working in a kitchen (i am a qualified chef) so while every one of you buggers were having time off i was feeding you (till 2 in the morning!!!!!!). So this year i got sick of that and started an adult apprenticeship in mechanics. Now it feels like easy street compared to that! And apparently theres this thing called time off over xmas and new year!! Since when did that happen? lol
Old 19-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #95
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Dead? Ha! the last 3 weeks and the next 3 days has been hectic...it's times like these i hate being on a salary, paid for 8 hours, work 12 woohoo!! On the plus side though, in the space of that 3 weeks we've gone from a concrete slab to a fully decked out family centre ready for a xmas party on the 21st. then Another work xmas party....THEN 3 weeks off work...ahhhh not long now
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #96
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Well working at coles paking shelves, it been pretty hectic as you can imagine.

The store is getting like a car park at time, this saturday is going to be hell, and i'm friggin working it to. &^%$

As for an idea of busy, the dairy department in which i work sold $150,000 worth of stock last week, so this week we're going to be well past that. The store is aiming for $1,000,000+ worth of sales this week which they usually get.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 12:39 AM   #97
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRUTEDAVE
Driving trains has been fairly quiet for the last 2 years (at least in grain where I am).
dave,i'm a guard on the suburban network up here in sydney! getting ready for the new years eve bunfight : i've got two buckets of ballast ready for the night so i could share one with you if your willing to do a banko circuit :
Old 19-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #98
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo
The store is aiming for $1,000,000+ worth of sales this week which they usually get.

Cheers
My casual job, at IGA does that on an average week ;)

Anywho, We are knocking out the promos and ads before xmas to give everyone a few days off...
My job isnt customer related so it dosent get that crazy anyways...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #99
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Flat chat at the moment as Kenworth needs stuff done for their first week. But after tomorrow, 3 weeks off, oohhh yeah.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #100
big_pete
Sublime

ive officially got no work to do, so its surfin the net and reading magazines (i mean um...research!)
seems everyone else in the office is flat chat though.
Old 19-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #101
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

not a chance, my work will very buzy during this time of yr : :
Old 19-12-2007, 09:11 PM   #102
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Officially finished for the year 3am this morning, but got a call to work tonight.
Seems there is no rest for people who steal copper wire from beside railway lines.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #103
red_hotxr6
Banned

woohoo, triple time..at least...
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #104
Jesk
certified nutter

working in servos its a nuthouse!
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #105
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
Officially finished for the year 3am this morning, but got a call to work tonight.
Seems there is no rest for people who steal copper wire from beside railway lines.
This will happen more and more too, copper pricing has gone up a heap the last few years. The old man in law is a plumber and said it's doubled in price the last few years
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #106
my gt
Extreme Machine

im flat out
www.houseofmojofootscray.com.au
merry xmas to all
my gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #107
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, we are finishing up about now, 3pm Christmas Eve. It's been nice and quiet today and it has been great!
Unfortunately, I have to stop in tomorrow at some stage to push some buttons and leave again.
Old 24-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #108
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im am sitting at work bored out of my brains. Ive had 3 items of work I had to do today which would of taken a maximum of 1 hour to do. I have dragedd them out to 4 hours and have now finished everything. Only 2 hours to go
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #109
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am sitting in my office, with nothing to do. Best thing about it, is the cleaners have decided to steam clean the entire floor TODAY! It is loud as heck and stinks like death. God I love christmas! :

Evan
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #110
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Well in my regular job at Woolies I would be flat out today, but I've been on holidays for the last 3 1/2 months, and still have a couple of weeks to go. (Then I go back for a day and resign).

In my new job driving buses, everything is pretty quiet, as Dad deliberately avoids taking work over the next couple of weeks. It used to be a different story, and I remember many a Christmas day he had to drive, and I only got to talk to him on the phone, but he just prices himself out of it now, or says that we're fully booked.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #111
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I didnt have internet access I reckon I would have fallen asleep by now.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #112
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's starting to get quiet here too (restaurants), people eating at home rather than taking out/eating in. Doesn't stop me from going in and getting plastered inside that sauna of a kitchen!
Old 26-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #113
XRchic
Hello

Hmmm. The ATO has a week and a half shutdown... no one wants to know about tax over Christmas! Was flat out leading up to the shutdown on Christmas Eve though, and will be when I got back on the 2nd of Jan.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #114
DTFRMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Hmmm. The ATO has a week and a half shutdown... no one wants to know about tax over Christmas! Was flat out leading up to the shutdown on Christmas Eve though, and will be when I got back on the 2nd of Jan.
Gotta love the xmas closedown! The aircon at our building wasn't working, so we were evacuated on the Friday afternoon & the building was still closed on xmas eve! You're right though, will be flat out when I get back, lots of new starters..........
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2007, 05:37 AM   #115
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

My main job is business as usual ... although there is a network embargo on at the moment (no new network connections ... or other planned work ... only emergency fault work is allowed).

Still get the same amount of faults coming through all of the time ... a lot of our external and exchange tech are on holidays though ... but me being here on 24/7 rotational shifts don't change.

There is less management in here though which is a nice change.

My other job ... has quietened down a bit ... but there is the odd busy day ... we still have delivery work going on ... just not as much though. It normally winds down this time of year for courier companies though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #116
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

my work was flat out....as per usual,new years will be busy too, will be finishing round 3am

but i work at a pub lol