Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Hows ya Holidays going.

Mine are going well LMAO,
Flew back into Perth last Sunday after 2 weeks overseas on service work and looking forward to a easy last week at work> This is what happened instead

Had a 25Yo Bottle of scotch confiscated at customs boarding the plain on the way home.
Got a bad meal somewhere and got the you know what
My Body packed it in Tuesday lunchtime (fell fairly sick), drinking a Cold Glass of water felt like I was drinking scalding Hot water
Spent since then sleeping 18 hrs a day, eating next to nothing and loitering on hear.
Been to the Doctor 2wice for Penicillin injections on top of the 6 tablets I take daily
Waiting for Blood test result to find out WTF is wrong with me

Feeling a bit better today and the 3 Gauge Pod arrived at 2pm Yay!! that lifted the spirits some more, so I sat down mock fitting the gauges and wiring to the pod only to find out find out the Back of Gauge lite wires fowl on rear of gage pod and the Spade connector for the sender wiring dose the same, Just SUPER!!!! Get ****** off go back to bed

Managed to get a invite before I left to a 21st tonight where there will be so many scantily dressed Hot Girls you’d think it was a strip club, Where am I, at home feeling like I have been hit by a Bus and dipped in hot Tar LOL

Merry ****ing Christmas, I must have been a bad boy this year.

Old 21-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #2
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

first mistake: flying to perth. second? getting on a plain, instead of the more common plane.

should have done like that guy in the paper, customs wanted his 1125ml bottle of vodka, he said "no way" (or similar), and skulled the bottle.

ended up in hospital for his effort. BUT, had you done that, you wouldn't have had the bad meal, and right about now you'd be amongst said scantily dressed hot chicks.

heh..

Old 22-12-2007, 04:10 AM   #3
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

What Holidays? :
I get Christmas day and boxing day off thankfully, I'll let you know how it went Boxing day night :
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Too Fast.
Old 22-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My bosses told me christmas was cancelled this year, is this not the case?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #6
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holidays... what holidays im at work this very minute. Dam things keep breaking why do i have to be on-call this weekend :-(

Least i get christmas off and NY's. Ahh going to enjoy the break with mass drinks
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
AUSGTI
Das Auto Bitches!

Green X... Who do you work for again? Some of the fellas i work with come back from Manilla last week after service work, and they have been crook as dogs as well.
Old 22-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Bwahahah holidays what are they
Old 22-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate i'm in the same boat feel like i been hit by a bus sleeping 18 hours a day have the runs and of my food etc...
I'm on a shitload of pills aswell
but i know what is wrong with me its called ulcerative collitis its a form of inflamitory bowel disease and beleive me for a healthy 25 year old to be struck down like this its not pretty what comes out the other end so i'm with ya
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Holi..whats??
At least i get X-mas day off, i have 2 80 hr work weeks to look forward to.... yay...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #11
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Ok, my "holidays'" will be clocking up heaps of kays shifting junk from the olds house to my house... then getting the furniture...

Note to self..... never buy a house 1 week b4 Christmas.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #12
EvilChief
Boost Addict

my missus and myself have three weeks off as of last thursday, planned to go up north after christmas after spending chrissy with her parents. now her mum is in hopsital again, so we are close to cancelling our hotel and ill stay at home ...

merry christmas
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 01:32 AM   #13
Kryton

i got 4 weeks annual leave this year, first time ever.
so far i have half mowed the lawn and ............well thats it.
3 weeks to go till i have to go back to work.
i already know that isnt going to be a fun last few days before work starts again.
im also praying to the Lotto Gods but reality is suggesting otherwise.
i probably should stop drinking for at least 1 day out of 4 weeks too.....argh screw it, i can roll to work.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #14
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqjet
mate i'm in the same boat feel like i been hit by a bus sleeping 18 hours a day have the runs and of my food etc...
I'm on a shitload of pills aswell
but i know what is wrong with me its called ulcerative collitis its a form of inflammatory bowel disease and believe me for a healthy 25 year old to be struck down like this its not pretty what comes out the other end so i'm with ya
Once you get it under control you'll be 90% normal - unless you got it really bad. My sister doesn't even take any pills anymore and she's had it since she was 2 - She's been drug free for over 10 years. I copped it about 4 years ago. I'm on 6 pills a day to keep it under control - if you can control it, you'll be fine. They'll probably start you on Prednisolone, a Corticosteroid to settle it down and some weaker drugs to keep it that way.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #15
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hope you get better soon.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #16
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR XR
Green X... Who do you work for again? Some of the fellas i work with come back from Manilla last week after service work, and they have been crook as dogs as well.
That would be the "Austal service team" ah, professional bunch, just ask Harry's Bar at Singapore airport LOL

Yeah some of the guys were off for a few days after we got back, I showed up a bit sick and just kept it under control with Drugs the yank medic gave me, then i got back home and it hit me with vengeance and put me on my ****, Saturday i started getting better thou, am almost 100% now.

Subic Dock now that's a operation LOL, we had a V8 CAT generator for power well the ships were out of commission, no need for a exhaust, just let it fire straight out the top of the Turbo LMAO
Old 25-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #17
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

ive got night shift for crissy and boxing day and dayshift over new years eve and new years day :(
Old 25-12-2007, 11:56 PM   #18
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Once you get it under control you'll be 90% normal - unless you got it really bad. My sister doesn't even take any pills anymore and she's had it since she was 2 - She's been drug free for over 10 years. I copped it about 4 years ago. I'm on 6 pills a day to keep it under control - if you can control it, you'll be fine. They'll probably start you on Prednisolone, a Corticosteroid to settle it down and some weaker drugs to keep it that way.
yrah i'm on all that crap how long did it take you to recover i've had 3 flare ups this year been in hospital each time do you watch your diet sorry for the hi-jack
Old 26-12-2007, 01:56 AM   #19
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi-jack away mate LOL.

Im all good now anyway, still got to finish my meds off, but other than that off-down south for a few day's of Fishing, Dirt bike riding and drinking.

Just got to try and locate and reposes my Trailer in the morning from a family member who borrowed it and never gave it back and is now not answering my calls. don't give a **** why it wasn't retuned, im just P***** i got my dirt bike and no trailer to put it on and i want to go on my holiday.

Nothing ever bloody runs smoothly.
Old 26-12-2007, 09:05 PM   #20
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
Hi-jack away mate LOL.

Im all good now anyway, still got to finish my meds off, but other than that off-down south for a few day's of Fishing, Dirt bike riding and drinking.

Just got to try and locate and reposes my Trailer in the morning from a family member who borrowed it and never gave it back and is now not answering my calls. don't give a **** why it wasn't retuned, im just P***** i got my dirt bike and no trailer to put it on and i want to go on my holiday.

Nothing ever bloody runs smoothly.
Aint that true my new years plans are gone staying home with the olds good to hear your all better tho
Old 27-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #21
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I am now officially on Holidays!!! Flying back to Perth to visit me rellies and have a fantastic New Years. Going to a huge wedding whilst there...my fav niece is getting married!

Bring on the beach, the goodlooking boys (Girl needs her perve factor!) and the booze!!
Old 27-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #22
Duke
The Duke

Permit me to gloat a little?

There's nothing quite like being your own boss working from home, every day is a holiday.

Gloat over, thanks.
Old 27-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #23
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I've been on holidays for 4 months almost, and I'm not interested in going back, but I must to make my resignation legal.

Sadly everyone I know was busy, or unable to do much with me, so I didn't get a holiday really. I just sat at home bored out of my mind for the whole time I was off.

I got abused yesterday for 'wasting' my time off.
I'm aware of this, but as an only child, I already do pretty much everything on my own, so going on a holiday alone wasn't going to happen.
And Contiki tours were out because I don't drink and I want to see more of certain places than they offer, but again I am not interested in doing so by myself.

I think my last actual 'holiday' was back then I was 14, so over 10 years ago!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post