Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Default Time Of Year and Generosity

As it is That time of year again I would urge you to think about those less fortunate than you.

I am not asking for any one cause, there are so many out there, but if everyone could do just one thing it can make a big difference to somone else.

Some suggestions:
Most Shopping centres have a donation bin out for toys and food items this time of year. If when you go shopping maybe spare $10.00 or so and get some food items that people would actually want, not just the tins at the back of your panrty. Even like a plum pudding, block of chocolate, or a burito kit. Think of what you would like.

Smith Family, Donate toys, and or money. Once again think of what a kid would want. Like a cheap Race car set or a basic barbie doll.

Salvation Army, Donate money, bedding clothing, pillows, or even your time to help.

St Vincent DePaul, Much the same as the Salvo's.

There are so many other organisations out there too, Even your local Church may have some kind of appeal or function on.
A few Years ago there was a church out in the Strathpine area that put on a Xmas Lunch and are always looking for volunteers to help. I went this one year with my family and had a ball, Yes we helped in the kitchen and to clean up, but for our troubles we had an excellent Xmas lunch and time, Games, and food was all great, All you need to do is ask around your area.
I must say I was expecting it to be hobo's and people that lived on the street, It was more for people that may have recently lost loved ones, or people that had just seperated and just had a lonley Xmas.

Of course it is not for everyone, but like my original idea listed, if each of us can spare $10 or so, it will brighten someone elses Xmas and in the grand scheme of things most people would not miss $10

Merry Xmas and Seasons Greetings
From Adrian & Jenny

Old 02-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Someone should get a account number from a christmas charity on here, I'd be more than happy to part with $10 if it lightens up some unfortunate kid's chrissie.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
Bundwah
Living the Life in Cranny

My girlfriend and I are gonna go through all her daughter's old toys (and she has a lot) and donate them to a worthy cause
Old 02-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #4
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial_Fool
Someone should get a account number from a christmas charity on here, I'd be more than happy to part with $10 if it lightens up some unfortunate kid's chrissie.

Smith family;
https://www.thesmithfamily.com.au/index.cfm?donate

Salvation Army:
https://salvos.org.au/donate/secure-online-donations/

St Vincent DePaul:
https://www.vinnies.org.au/onlinedonations/index.cfm?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #5
alstar5

Merry Christmas Yaw and the rest of the fordforums.com.au community.

Excellent post, let's do it guys. Donate to one of the charities mentioned.
2014 - 2014: AUII Futura SR
2015 - 2015: Kawasaki Ninja 650RL
2016 - 2016: Kawasaki Ninja 300
2018 - 2018: VZ Holden Commodore
2019: FG G6 Falcon
alstar5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Every year we do a Can Drive and make our sons visit the Aged on Christmas day! They hate it!! but the oldies love it!! and it makes me happy to see someone who's son,daughter, grandson or granddaughter "forgot" them this Christmas smile! Do something to make someone else smile!! That is what life is about!!! World is full of selfish people out for themselves...don't be one of them!!