Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #1
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Pre Paid plans, Whats the best????

Hey guys, Am about to purchase a pre paid sim card and i was wondering who the best value is in your opinions? I hardly make any calls or messages. About 5-8 dollars a week at best. Also, who has really low top up amounts like $5 etc? I will be using my own phone. Just need a sim card. Thanks guys.

Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #2
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

im on vodafone $49 cap pay 49 bucks and get $230 worth of credit but have to use it within a month its doesnt roll over onto your next credit
Old 02-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR_
im on vodafone $49 cap pay 49 bucks and get $230 worth of credit but have to use it within a month its doesnt roll over onto your next credit
Hey thor, I couldn't possibly use all that credit. Although i have to admit that is incredible value.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #4
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

I'm with Virgin prepaid and its really good although cheapest top-up is $15.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:54 AM   #5
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm with Telstra prepaid, they have $5 recharges. Loads of benefits (freedom list and 5c per minute credit everytime someone calls you)
Old 03-05-2007, 06:36 AM   #6
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

I'm with optus prepaid, get $30 worth of credit, gives me 500 free minutes talk time (which is great with a woman who thinks every phone call should be an hour long)
Old 03-05-2007, 08:10 AM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Optus has a prepaid deal, I think its called "talk and text". Your $30 credit lasts 2 months, and for your money you get I think 50 min to mobiles, 50 sms, 100min to other linked Optus mobiles for free. When you use your "free stuff" your $30 starts to get used. Or if you call land lines or special numbers it comes straight out of your $30.

So not bad for $15 a month. You can also roll over your credit if you recharge the day before. AND they have lower "top up" recharges like $10 or sumthing for extra text or talk time....

I think thats the deal for you
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosta32
Hey guys, Am about to purchase a pre paid sim card and i was wondering who the best value is in your opinions? I hardly make any calls or messages. About 5-8 dollars a week at best. Also, who has really low top up amounts like $5 etc? I will be using my own phone. Just need a sim card. Thanks guys.
I'm with Vodafone Prepay and couldn't be happier. With vodafone you can recharge for as little as $20 and any unused credit will last for 365 days before you have to top up. Believe it or not, this plan is called the "365 Days Plan " (Very inovative) and the credit lasts for 365 days from each time you top up or recharge. They have a good broad coverage as well.

Most other telcos pre pay credit will only last for 3months before you have to recharge or loose what you have. Bah humbug.

I have never had any problems with the service from Vodafone, so it's Vodafone for me.

http://www.vodafone.com.au/Personal/...lans/index.htm

Last edited by Chippar; 03-05-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
Oo_xrsx_oO
t i c k f o r d

vodafone have a new $29 cap which gives $130 worth of credit. The $49 cap i wasn't getting anywhere near the $230. With the $29 I just scrape in, worst case you just recharge with another $29 a few days early if I have to.

Liquid Silver / Manual / Leather / Momo Wheel & Shifter / Premium Sound / Lovells Superlows / Koni Reds / T3 Pursuit Rims / Pacemaker 4499s / 2.5 Inch Exhaust
Oo_xrsx_oO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #10
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

29$ cap would cover you well i rekon..

there are a few telco's who have this now, $130 credit, cant go wrong!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #11
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippitydip
I'm with Vodafone Prepay and couldn't be happier. With vodafone you can recharge for as little as $20 and any unused credit will last for 365 days before you have to top up. Believe it or not, this plan is called the "365 Days Plan " (Very inovative) and the credit lasts for 365 days from each time you top up or recharge. They have a good broad coverage as well.

Most other telcos pre pay credit will only last for 3months before you have to recharge or loose what you have. Bah humbug.

I have never had any problems with the service from Vodafone, so it's Vodafone for me.

http://www.vodafone.com.au/Personal/...lans/index.htm
Are Vodaphone the only ones that have the prepay that lasts for a whole year?.........iv'e had a look at the competitors web sites (Telstra, Optus etc) but I cant find any mention of it, although I must admit I do tend to get lost on these phone company sites pretty easily, it's all "double dutch" talk to me.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #12
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm with optus and for $30 bucks I get $120 worth of calls or SMS (either one). It's good for me because I only SMS and it usually runs out a day or so before the end of the month.

3 also seems really good (hasn't been mentioned yet?) a couple mates are on it and they get a bucketload of free stuff when they recharge and 3 also has great reception now from what i've seen (better than my optus at least!).
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #13
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey im with optus pre-paid but the boost. so i pay $30 and get $120 of calls and txt etc. or $40 with $200 credit and $50 gets me $300. its great easily lasts me a month
joe260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #14
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys, you have all been a great help.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #15
TUF.EB
Banned

Dont know if anyone has mentioned it, I cant be stuffed reading all of the above.

I used to work for Optus, and I reckon Optus Pre paid Turbo charge is fairly good. Minimum recharge is $30, and that gives you $120 worth of calls/text/mms etc. If you recharge before the 30 day expiry your credit roles over to the next month and is valid for another 30 days.

You can also get $10 recharge cards, which are just charged at your standard call rates, something like 37c for 30/sec + 27c flag fall.

Another good thing is you can get Text Saver cards, minimum $10 and gives you like 75sms or something, which is equivalent to $18 - $19 worth of sms messages at the standard text rate of 25c/160 charactors.

I use it as well along with my plan phone and its pretty good, when Im on a budget I just use a $10 text saver and $10 credit.
TUF.EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #16
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Are Vodaphone the only ones that have the prepay that lasts for a whole year?.........iv'e had a look at the competitors web sites (Telstra, Optus etc) but I cant find any mention of it, although I must admit I do tend to get lost on these phone company sites pretty easily, it's all "double dutch" talk to me.

Yes, as far as I'm aware, the other telcos have prepay plans, as opposed to caps, but the credit only lasts for 3 months before you have to recharge or lose what you have.
That's why I went for Vodafone, and because I rarely use my mobile phone, my unused credit can sit there for 12 months without a top up. Also Vodafone will send you an SMS well beforehand, advising that the credit is due for a top up, so that you don't loose it.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #17
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

optus seem to be pretty good?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
Cameronhayward
STR8 6

savvytel has pre paid sims that never expire, you can chuck $20 in and use it over a year if you want.
www.savvytel.com.au
Cameronhayward is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #19
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Revtel - www.revtel.com.au
9.9 cents per 30 seconds. 15 c SMS. 20 c flag fall on calls. You can top up with a minimum of $10 online or use store bought $10 credit minimum (avaialble at most outlets where you get prepaid top-ups). They take a 50 c fee from your recharge.

Calls once never expired and they sharged about $1.50 a week for that. Now credits go for 45 days (I think). $20 startup with $20 credit.

Support is via email or they charge.

Often they have deals like "recharge before end of the week and get 50% more credit."

At one stage, for a $10 auto credit for 4 months I had a $100 call bonus.

They use the Vodafone network and you get access to all those resources.

Let me know if you want to sign up and I'll refer you.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post