Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
fangq

Default Motor bike..what motor bike?

Travelling north on the Bruce highway this morning when a bike club chapter went zipping past on the Pine River stretch . I'd estimate 120 - 130 km/hr, 2 to a lane etc, with about 20 or so in the bunch. Further up the road, a motor cycle police officer panning the three lanes with lidar.
No bikers pinged..safety in numbers ay..

Steve

fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 03:45 AM   #2
mrnsx
Crash test pilot

police dont hassle bikes, on their rides police let them run through red lights and let them do what ever they want.

i guess if the police dont hassle them, they wont make problems for the police

Newest Addition

Holden Barina 2004
6L per 100k :
66kw :

Old Collection..

Falcon BA
Toyota Celica
Kawasaki zxr
Ford Festiva
Nissan 180sx
Daihatsu Feroza
mrnsx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 01:14 PM   #3
woodsy109

Yeah plus mostly they are only endangering themselves on a motorbike.

Actually a couple of months ago I passed a car in an overtaking lane on my bike and a cop going the other way gave me a flash of the headlights. I was probably doing about 150.

Generally though they like pulling us sportsbike riders over. Even more than when i'm in the car.
woodsy109 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
knighto42

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsy109
Yeah plus mostly they are only endangering themselves on a motorbike.
Have you seen that pic floating around the net of the bike accident where the bike ended up inside the car? A 150kg+ bike plus rider will do plenty of damage to a car and it's occupants at speed.

EDIT -> Found it.

knighto42 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 07:10 PM   #5
nb_351
building the xe...

well it will do that wont it... the speed it looks like he was going, and the fact that its only a little lunch box of a car... if it were a bigger european car, say a merc or beemer, not a vw, it might have bneen a different picture, not too much different though... he probably had half a second to realise he was going to hit it... whereas the guy in the car probably saw him and thought, hes not slowing down, still...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
whiskieboy

Like they sing in the movie ' the Italian job ' "self preservation society"
You never know what can happen
whiskieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #7
holmsy
Banned

cops in cars probably dont bother chasing alot of bikes beacause the bike will get away in no time most of the time.

plus 1 cop might be hesitant to stop 20 scary lookin bikers :P
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #8
Bluefreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighto42
Have you seen that pic floating around the net of the bike accident where the bike ended up inside the car? A 150kg+ bike plus rider will do plenty of damage to a car and it's occupants at speed.

EDIT -> Found it.
I thought that pic was proven to be BS... I can't find the article atm but I remember the auto-show organisers/police admitting to assembling that for some form of PR stunt.

The claim of a 150mph crash was made and after throwing a bike at a car at 100mph, it was decided that the bike was far too intact to have crashed at more than about 30mph and that simply wouldn't have caused it to punch through the side of a car...

Just what I read on the internet, and we all know that means it's true...
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefreak
I thought that pic was proven to be BS... I can't find the article atm but I remember the auto-show organisers/police admitting to assembling that for some form of PR stunt.

The claim of a 150mph crash was made and after throwing a bike at a car at 100mph, it was decided that the bike was far too intact to have crashed at more than about 30mph and that simply wouldn't have caused it to punch through the side of a car...

Just what I read on the internet, and we all know that means it's true...
Actually I read about that too. A couple of years ago, most of the argument was based on the lack of damage to the bike, and for memory it was proven to be fake. Rear tyre is perfect, no damage to the rim or anything and it has gone up and over the sill somehow. Can't see enough of the front and frame but most bike accidents I've seen at the track and the bike completely disintergrates..
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #10
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Err cops hassle bikes (as in regular riders) all the time (in fact they are really hassled in some hot spots) - I dont know where this misconception that they let bikes go came from - utter BS.

The original poster said a "club chapter' - big difference between them and regular riders. The cop wouldnt hassle them as he would have been by himself and they are reknown for violence.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post