Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #91
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
my worst job was similar....

roof insulation contractor. i stuck it out for about a month before saying...screw this.

think 40 degrees outside, 50+ inside the roof, full overalls/dust masks, and you get the pictire.....

was DAMN hot work, black roofs are the worst!
I hear ya. Im a trainee foxtel installer. Will be a full tech in 2 weeks. The black roofs are so god dam hot. You just cant touch it. There so bloody hot you could literally fry an egg on them. Inside the roof is a bastard. Its a tone hotter inside the roof and all that dusty insulation is floating around. I remember last summer we had a 42 degree day and I had to crawl around in a roof that was only about a meter high. I was so dusty in there and there where a couple of mice. It would have been 60+ in that roof.

EDIT: I just thought of my worst job, coring cabbages for 10hrs while geting paid $8 an hour. I was there one day and left

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #92
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do they all go for black rooves? Werent they paying attention in year 8 science when thay had to paint one Coke can black and the other white and stick themometers inside? Or are black tiles cheaper? I don't know what it is but they don't even look good.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 02:25 AM   #93
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Why do they all go for black rooves? Werent they paying attention in year 8 science when thay had to paint one Coke can black and the other white and stick themometers inside? Or are black tiles cheaper? I don't know what it is but they don't even look good.
Easier to maintain and looks neat, but obviously they don't think of themselves.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #94
Ringo
I see you....

Hmm...I was going to post my story but it doesn't even rate a mention compared to what already posted.

This is an impressive thread
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #95
XRated
Shoot.

There are some shocking jobs that people do. How I envy you!

The worst job I had was when I was about 13-15 delivering Sunday newspapers. Getting up at 4.30am on a Sunday when you're a young kid sucks. It took about 2-3 hours doing the paper route; being chased by packs of dogs and then only getting paid $7, ludicrous!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 01:43 PM   #96
mrnsx
Crash test pilot

door to door sales man for optus, after 2 months of working from 7am-7pm (commission only), they didnt pay me for my sales so i quit and they still havent payed me , now when a door to door sales person for optus comes knocking on my door i give him 1 minute to get out of my face before i run him over.

Newest Addition

Holden Barina 2004
6L per 100k :
66kw :

Old Collection..

Falcon BA
Toyota Celica
Kawasaki zxr
Ford Festiva
Nissan 180sx
Daihatsu Feroza
mrnsx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #97
feebs
BrwnBstd

i have..

put eggs onto trucks at the egg board
scraped bird **** out of rain barrels
poured 8 molar sulfuric acids into bottles
installed clothes lines
driven a food delivery vehicle with a 50 drop per day run
packed toilet paper into boxes
made lattice
spent a hot day removing spoiled food from a sea container
worked in a builders accounts office with manual book keeping methods
in place
worked at that horrid wet underground gold mine in boddington

Dont talk to me about crap jobs!
feebs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #98
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Abbitior, It wasnt seeing all the blood and stuff (live on a farm) but getting completely drenched in the crap on one side, and having to clean the pit afterwards, (10m long, 2 m wide x 2m deep) was approx 1m deep of blood, sheep **** ,heads and wool. the worst thing was, you had to reach in and pick all the wool out of the tiny drainhole...
But the 4:30 wake up sucked the worst, 4 days of that crap...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #99
dishpig
Only an xr6...

I guess it would ever be newspaper runs or my job i have now. I'm a dishy I started at 15 now I'm 18 and I've washed enough dishes to buy the car and i got a hell of a lot of other stuff. It's funny the person who has the lowest job in the whole place (and gets treated like it) rocks up in the best car in the whole place.

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #100
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
I hear ya. Im a trainee foxtel installer. Will be a full tech in 2 weeks. The black roofs are so god dam hot. You just cant touch it. There so bloody hot you could literally fry an egg on them. Inside the roof is a bastard. Its a tone hotter inside the roof and all that dusty insulation is floating around. I remember last summer we had a 42 degree day and I had to crawl around in a roof that was only about a meter high. I was so dusty in there and there where a couple of mice. It would have been 60+ in that roof.

EDIT: I just thought of my worst job, coring cabbages for 10hrs while geting paid $8 an hour. I was there one day and left
There actually workplace rules in place telling you not to go into hot places , take care of your knees as all the angle roofs and ladders tears them up pretty bad , once you have the cablers ticket go to Tafe' and do the full course , then go do some good paying work and enjoy , which company by the way ? . I did some work years ago for bsa , modesty prevents me from saying how bad they were .( Downer was a little better)
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #101
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Ive had a few realy bad jobs, I once did 1/4 of a day as a brickies labourer. They didnt get the chance to sack me. After chasing one of the brickies around the scaffolding no one wanted to come near me or tell me s#*!.

Another one was using a remote video cam to film and record sewer lines in the burbs ! trust me , its no fun trying to dodge floating land mines while setting up for a run ! After filming and finding plant growth ( roots and stuff) in the pipes , we would have to send an ultra high pressure water blaster up the lines . We had about 150 meters of 50mm hose, and the water pressure would pull it along as it went up the pipe. Enough water pressure when it was working to cut you to peices ! Tree roots as thick as your arm were no problem at all !

one of my very first jobs was Cutting swaybar rubbers and packing suspension kits at K-Mac suspensions in sydney !

Was an apprentice signwriter in cairns in the early eighties. I could signwrite Fosters signage in my sleep ! In 1984 another apprentice and I painted the whole Babinda pub and signed it in a week , including the pub signes as you approached the town. Two 17 year olds , with free board, meals and drinks for a week! Wow, im suprised we survived !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #102
FLYXR6
Silvester

Not one to cause an argument, but a few people have put trolley collector, I was a trolley boy for 2.5 years, only worked thursday nights and saturdays, In midland gate shopping centre Perth, It was great, the only time i didn't like it was when it rained, but that wasn't very often. The pay was ok. But i got a wicked tan, and was so fit, when i went off to join the army all the physical stuff was a breeze. I thought of doing it again on thursday nights just for the amount of walking you do, its great for the heart!!!

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post