Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2007, 01:48 AM   #1
Miller
It's Millertime!

Default Rules regarding red p platers and towing

Ok, basically I was wondering what is the go with P1s and towing.

On the rta website it says "P1 car licence holders can tow small trailers with up to 250 kg of unloaded weight."

Does that mean that the total limit we are allowed to tow is 250kg? Or is that only the weight of the trailer? If not, is there a limit to how much we can tow, so long as it doesn't exceed the gross vehicle mass or whatever it is?

I need to help my mate pick up a parts car and move it 10 mins away to his house.

Please don't bring any of this "P platers should not be towing full stop blah blah blah!"

Your help is much appreciated

Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:13 AM   #2
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It refers to your standard 6x4 box trailer I imagine, plus whatever weight you can legally stuff in it (no more than 500kg - because anything over 750kg gross requires brakes)
I think the weight of a car trailer would be over 250kg, so no you cant legally tow it.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:16 AM   #3
Miller
It's Millertime!

Hmmmm righto, I'll give the RTA a call in the morning
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post