Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-01-2007, 12:47 AM   #31
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Looks like it will weigh a bit too........and with only a 5 litre? It's just another pimp mobile.

Interceptor? Mad Max wouldn't be happy with that.

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:56 AM   #32
LUXO_8
windsor user

some specs found on the 5.0 "cammer"

The "Five Liter" Is Back
The foundation for the Mustang GT-R's race-prepared 440-horsepower engine is the new 5.0-liter "Cammer" crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. The engine is rooted in the MOD 4.6-liter four-valve V-8 engine family. However, the motor's flanged cylinder liners help provide 94mm (instead of 90.2mm) cylinder bores, creating a full 5.0 liters of piston displacement.

And while the motor employs the SVT Mustang Cobra’s forged crankshaft with six-bolt mains and Manley "H-Beam" connecting rods for superior strength, the high-strength Ford Racing block features design reinforcements and a revised material for added strength and high-output durability. The block is specially reinforced in the crankcase web areas for high torque loads.

Other key differences include forged pistons, an 11.0:1 compression ratio, ported heads, higher-lift cams and beehive-shaped valve springs. The crate engine also features higher-flow fuel injectors and a magnesium, variable-geometry intake manifold.

The 5.0-liter "Cammer" engine comes with a custom oil pan and features custom-fabricated Tri-Y headers and crossover.

Engine – Ford Racing 5.0L "Cammer" V8

Configuration................V-8, aluminum block, aluminum four-valve cylinder heads, forged aluminum pistons
Bore x Stroke................94 mm bore x 90.0 mm stroke
Displacement.................5.0 liters (302 cu in/4995 cc)
Compression..................11.0:1
Power..........................440hp (328kw) @ 7000 rpm
Torque.........................400 lb-ft (542nm)@ 5500 rpm
Redline.........................7,000 rpm
Valvetrain.....................Double overhead cams, four valves per cylinder
Int. valves....................Two per cylinder, 38 mm
Exh. valves...................Two per cylinder, 32 mm
Throttle body................Twin 57 mm

as for weather this car gets this exact version who knows.... but those specs have all the right numbers to me
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:57 AM   #33
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't like it.

American cars lack the sexy shapes that Aussie cars have...they're still boxy and have hideous lights that would fit on a car from the 1980s.

No. I'll wait for the Orion to be released, then we'll watch the average American laundromat profits triple due to the extra amount of underpants that'll need to be washed.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #34
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Very heavy handed design. American designs typically have an over-the-top quality to them that seems bizarre to the rest of the world, especially for us with our cars being really quite conservative in comparison.

I look at that car and can see what they were trying to achieve but its way too loud in design.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #35
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Chrysler 300C meets GMC Surburban...

No wonder Ford US is in trouble.... they can't design for s***. They should just give up trying to build in the large car market, and just import the Falcons...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #36
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks ungainly,huge body and little sports car roof.and front looks like it should be on back
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #37
parawolf
beep beep

What an ugly car... Can't Ford look towards the Italian concept cars for true vision and design influence rather than taking freight train influences?

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...html?from=top5
Old 02-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #38
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Poor effort, they can do better I'm sure.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #39
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
"This concept celebrates the best of American muscle, showing customers what 'modern muscle' is all about," Peter Horbury, Ford's executive director of design for The Americas, said in a statement.
Bwahahahaha - modern muscle my a***.....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #40
Chuggwald
Starter Motor

I think it looks great, best Ford concept in ages. Bonnet has good helpings of MX-5 styling, side is great, back bumper needs to be fixed a bit, and maybe grille changed to get rid of Chev simularities, but the presence of it is fantastic!
Chuggwald is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 04:13 PM   #41
majin_andrew

Another vote for "Looks good".
majin_andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #42
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats tough as nails! I don't like the grill though.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #43
Jayden
Graphic Artist

Pimp mobile sounds about right. no wonder their sales are suffering.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #44
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden
Pimp mobile sounds about right. no wonder their sales are suffering.
What???, the car is not even in production! Ford's U.S problems stem from poor operational management, and investment in the right product mix. They haven't had a decent (or updated) large car for years.

A lot of people on this side of the Pacific don't seem to realise that tastes from continent to continent differ. America is not Australia and vice versa, their cars come from a typically bold heritage which is why the Interceptor concept is more likely to be warmly recieved over there than down under.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 02:08 AM   #45
Jayden
Graphic Artist

^I could like it, but it looks too bulky and impractical, even more so than the 300c. And I dont think its the right product still, but that depends on what area they are trying to fill with this? no seriously I have no idea. The GMC/ Chrysler Defectionist market?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:05 AM   #46
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Initially I didn't like it; but I don't think it copies the 300C; it is far simpler- The rear end is reminiscent of the 427 Concept; but the front is striking yet amazingly simple. It looks like something that would fit in the Ford US line-up. They just want a slice of the 300C pie; but they should have jumped on much sooner, because the clock is ticking.
As for the engine- that looks like it could well work in a Falcon down here- Much better specific power, lighter (alloy block), higher redline than TOSS290- even though the performance batton has been passed on to the turbo 6, we still need a competent V8!
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #47
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

gimme the engine, ditch the rest.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #48
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

definitely doesn't do it for me.ill pass on that one.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:07 AM   #49
Jayden
Graphic Artist

After a longer harder look at it.... I decided I like the colour, it would be good for any Ford too.

the design feel of the car hasnt grown on me, seems to sit a bit high and nothing about the rear end is appealing at all. But, I think it could be made quite awsome with some changes at the drawing board. mainly more old school muscle influence and less QEII.

Im almost inclined to attack it with PS myself if I wasnt so busy cause I am seeing potential now.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:14 AM   #50
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really like it!

It would need some Aerobics OZStyle to be a good base for Fairlane though.

Or even for Crown Victoria....

The Saudis just voted the Chev Caprice/Statesman the best Luxury car over the Euro snob mobiles including Audi A6 and even Japs like the Lexus ES350. They reckon the Holdens have better ride and handling, durability and even build quality. Wait till they get some Orion Falcons and Fairlanes to try!
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #51
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

New F-truck front ... with Bentley coupe-style taillights.
300C style chassis.

Looks kinda like a bitza car.
And as others have said ... needs a larger motor.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #52
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xafalcongs
Sorry but the grill and headlights look like they pulled then out of a 10 yr old Chevy truck. Same style light stack, same center chrome bar running through the grill. In fact, that chrome center bar is a Chevy design theme that they've used for years and is very distinguished in the current line of US cars and trucks.
lol thats exactly what I was thinking and as said the 300C influence is obvious. Honestly does nothing for me.
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #53
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I like it but it needs some work. Ford certainly have missed the boat after the 300C came out.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #54
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The cowl induction shaker hood is pretty awesome.

As for looking like a 300C, is that really a bad thing as they are selling like hotcakes in the US.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #55
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stylist
Some more info from Autoblog,
Ford Interceptor Concept
Keeping Mustang momentum accelerating

The Ford Interceptor concept – based on a stretched Mustang platform –

Suspension
Front....................... Double wishbone-independent
Rear.........................3-Link Design with Panhard Rod (Oh dear, no IRS)
... and there we have it folks, yet another "space age" 21st century technical masterpiece by the engineering intellects at Ford. Perhaps by 2020 we will see the introduction of IRS into the concept car range, followed by a prolonged marketing campaign and a production implementation in time for the all-new 2047 Mustang.