Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #61
CapriGT5.0
Starter Motor

I'd also love to catch some maggots doing this sort of crap. Unfortunately there's a downside to opening a can of whoop **** on 'em. There was a story I heard years ago here in Perth about a guy who came out from a local pub with a mate and noticed the drivers door of his 69 Stang wide open and a pair of legs hanging out. The perp was under the dash trying to hotwire the car. The pair proceeded to beat the ***** out of the guy and left him there (as U would), but in true fashion some do-gooder took their rego number and dobbed 'em in. They apparently got done for assault....

"...Perfect end to a perfect evening-UNFKNBLVABL!" -Ford Fairlane
CapriGT5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #62
THORNSPAWN
In the Forced 'lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
Wouldn't the coach-bolt be inside the car if it were the culprit?

It hit right on the edge of the window. You can see in the first and last pics on the drivers side.
THORNSPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #63
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNSPAWN
It hit right on the edge of the window. You can see in the first and last pics on the drivers side.
Ok, so definately deliberate!... In THAT case.. String em up!..
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #64
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Its not nice, but A) insurance covers the repair and B) you still have your car.

Last time I had a window broken, it was when my panel perfect SLR 5000 was stolen and written off by young drunken morons. And the money I got for it was a joke, so I ended up in a 1980 something Sigma Wagon.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #65
Ford Racing
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCat
you'd just love to catch these types in the act wouldn't you? this sort of crap sux.
Im not sure if I personally would want to catch vandals in the act of damaging property, they are likely to turn around and damage the person interrupting!

Hey THORNS would your insurance cover it or wasn't it enough to worry about? As in by the time you paid the excess it would have been cheaper to just get a new window?
Ford Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #66
VippiN
What a performer!

Just think of it like this. You could walk out a pub and go to your car only to realise it isn't there. That's what happened to me.

A week later you might see it again at a cop shop, only to see a whole heap of damage. That's what happened to me.

Not the first time either.
1991 Ford Laser KF TX3 :: BP-T :: 2011-2015 109fwkW
2007 Ford Falcon BF XR6 Turbo Ute :: Barra 245T :: 2014-2019 324rwkW
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR8 Ute :: Windsor V8 :: 2019-2020
2008 Ford Fiesta XR4 :: Duratec 150 :: 2021-*
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR6 :: HP Intech :: 2021-*
VippiN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:29 PM   #67
sexy_xr6
xr lover

Thats really sad. I haven't even had my car for a year yet and i had the front hit (only scratches thank god!) the mirror scratched, a tray back ute reverse into the drivers side - $2000 worth of damage and it looks hideous, my brother has swayed against it with a studded belt and left some pretty fancy artwork behind. The thing that annoys me the most is I had a lady open her door on car while i was in it. I told her very nicely and quitely that she should be more carefull and she turned around and abused the crap out of me!!! I know it is sort of of the subject of what you guys are talking about, but that is my story!!
sexy_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #68
eMpTy
Low, Loud & Black

Must be that time of year.
Week before xmas, myself and 2 neighbours (all 3 of us over 6ft and 100kg each) had to tackle this tool that lives down the street. Dunno what he was on but he was walking up the street punching car windows in, the 3 of us could only just hold him down while waiting for the cops. We got a serve off the cops saying he had the right to charge us with assault!!!

This is the very reason why i'm considering "Unbreakable" window tint, still researching it though.
eMpTy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #69
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy
Must be that time of year.
We got a serve off the cops saying he had the right to charge us with assault!!!
The law is BS!
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #70
Kil4Collingwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
The law is BS!
Yeah it is growing up where I have (reservoir) you do "know" some of this type of scum mainly through your school days and such anyway I "know" a few of 'em and it doesn't matter how badly they **** up the courts let 'em off easily like 2 guys I knew (would love to throttle the **** out of 'em now!)
would wait at servo's for idiots to leave their keys in the ignitions then take the cars when the owner went to pay stole something like half a million dollars worth of cars (most of the charges dropped) but the real kicker was a charge of kidnapping that was dropped now what I hear happened was they took a black AU XR8 from servo got down the street realised there was a little girl in the back seat so what do they do? They don't have at least the decency to drop her off some place safe they put her on the median strip of the ******* western ring road! Charged dropped one of them is still inside the other is out I hear.
Another guy who used to thieve cars I went to the pub one night he was having dinner with a cop! He brags that his copper mates let him off with all kinds of **** this so called justice system of ours is an absolute joke and anybody who thinks otherwise has obviously never had a crime commited against them living in their sheltered little world!
Kil4Collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #71
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
Two weeks after I'd bought an EL Futura (ex govt. 26,000km) I turned off the M1 into Smith St. on the Gold Coast at night and as I went through a cutting a half brick landed in the middle of the bonnet... not a nice feeling.

Footnote. Unfortunately that was the introduction of things to come.
Over the next two years;
*a huge dead branch fell off a gum tree onto the bonnet as I was driving up the Tamborine road,
*a tray top ute backed into the rear guard smashing the tail lamp assembley,
*another tray top ute backed over the bonnet in Bundaburg gouging two channels,
*a woman backed into the left side in a car park,
*a woman in Kingaroy in a Landcruiserwith a tow ball backed into the front bumper destroying the number plate and making a hole in the bumper.

Apart from that it was a good car.
how is your parking?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #72
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Far out i hate vandals... sorry to hear!
I know this isn't much comparison..
But i work at woolworths and we've got an underground carpark. I park my car in the same spot every day, and one day i came out to my car and someone had decided they wanted my clear indicators more than i did... the *******s even took the bulbs. At least they didn't damage the actual car though i spose.. but still!!
Another time, when it had badges on the old bootlid, they stole half of the forte badge and looked like they pryed it off with a screwdriver! It scratched the boot up good and deep. Who the f@rk would want a forte badge anyhow? Hell if they asked me i'd have removed it properly and given it to them gladly..

The mentality of some people astounds me.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #73
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i had an xr8 the same colour as that . the day that CRAIG LOWNDES switched from holden to ford . that weekend we were living in our newlt built house . we couldnt drive our car into the garage cause we didnt have a driveway . it was out the front for 6 weeks . the day before the concreter poured the concrete the same thing happened to our car . except the 1/2 brick went through the rear windscreen , hit the dashboard and smashed it and bounced up and smashed the front windscreen as well . had to wait 4 MONTHS for a new dash to come from overseas.
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL DUDE. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You had to wait for a dash for an Australian car to come from overseas?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 01:12 AM   #74
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
You had to wait for a dash for an Australian car to come from overseas?
yep , sure did and it was only 3 years old at the time . wouldn't believe it if someone told me this . but hey , it happened.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post