Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
monaroCountry

Default Toyota Camry Recalls and TSB's

Yes they do exist.............................
First year model glitches happens, Australias lucky, since we get our camrys after the rest of the world.

Some of the joys of owning a Camry, things that the newspapers and drive et al have forgotten to tell us.

I’m surprised that Toyota has had tons of unreported problems. Some of these problems shouldn’t have been Technical Service Bulletins (TSB’s) but Recalls. I guess Toyota’s up to its old “hide the problem” trick.

BTW this is just a fraction of the 2007 Camry’s known problems.

From: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...links/links/40

-SSC 60B Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Airbag Replacement SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

2005 – 2006 Model Year Toyota Avalon, 2007 Model Year Camry, 2004 – 2006 Model Year Prius, 2005 Model Year RAV4, 2005 – 2006 Model Year Scion tC, and 2005 – 2006 Model Year Tacoma vehicles.

Toyota will initiate a Special Service Campaign to replace specific SRS airbag assemblies (Side Airbag, Curtain Side Airbag or Driver Knee Airbag dependent upon the exact VIN) on 73 Toyota vehicles. The 73 vehicles consist of certain 2005 – 2006 Model Year Avalon, 2007 Model Year Camry, 2004 – 2006 Model Year Prius, 2005 Model Year RAV4, 2005 – 2006 Model Year Scion tC, and 2005 – 2006 Model Year Tacoma vehicles. Please refer to the technical instructions to determine the exact VIN and specific airbag assembly which requires replacement.

Due to improper assembly of the airbag inflator, which is incorporated into the SRS airbag assembly (Side Airbag,
Curtain Side Airbag or Driver Knee Airbag), some inflators were produced with an insufficient amount of the heating
agents necessary for proper airbag deployment. In this condition, the expansion force of the gas may be insufficient
to properly inflate the airbag when the SRS system is activated during a collision.

File is associated with other vehicles

-BO015-06 RH INTERIOR A-PILLAR GARNISH LOOSE

Some customers may complain that the right side interior A-pillar garnish is loose or out of position. This condition is caused by an incomplete installation of the A-pillar garnish at the factory. Follow the repair procedure in this bulletin to correct this condition.

-BO017-03 TRIM GARNISH LOOSE

2007 model year Toyota vehicles.

Customers may experience an interior trim panel either loose or fitting poorly due to a deformed or missing panel attachment clips. When a trim garnish (A, B, C, or D pillar garnish, door trim panel, etc.) is removed and reinstalled using the old clips, there is a possibility that the garnish may exhibit a loose condition.

-BO019-06 CENTER CONSOLE DOOR INOPERATIVE

2007 model year Camry NAP–built vehicles

Some customers may complain that the front center console door is difficult to open due to the front center console assembly being misaligned. Please remove and reassemble the front center console assembly using the following procedures to correct this condition.

NOTE: The front center console assembly does NOT need to be replaced.

-ED036-06 FUEL IN EVAP SYSTEM

2007 model year Camry

Some 2006 model year Avalon and 2006 – 2007 model year Camry vehicles may display one of the following complaints as a result of fuel entering the EVAP system through a damaged vent hose inside the fuel tank:

Intermittent stalling at idle when at operating temperature.
Intermittent rough idle when at operating temperature.
M.I.L. “ON” with at least one of the following DTCs stored:

– P0441 (Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow)
– P043E (Evaporative Emission System Reference Orifice Clog Up)
– P043F (Evaporative Emission System Reference Orifice High Flow)
– P2401 (Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low)
– P2402 (Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit High)
– P2419 (Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Control Circuit Low)

-EG038-06 2GR-FE (V6) ENGINE OIL LEAK

2007 model year Toyota Camry vehicles equipped with the V6 engine.

Some 2GR–FE engines may display evidence of a small oil leak, located on the rear side of Bank 1. The source has been identified as unused side and end bolt holes in the right hand (Bank 1) cam housing. A repair procedure has been developed to correct this condition.

-EG039-06 EXCESSIVE ENGINE NOISE AFTER TRANSAXLE REMOVAL

2007 model year Toyota Camry vehicles.

Some 2007 model year Camry vehicles may exhibit engine noise after the transaxle is removed and reinstalled. This noise may be caused by a dislodged steering column hole shield at the base of the steering column.

-EG056-06 ECM CALIBRATION: ENHANCEMENT TO SHIFTING PERFORMANCE & SMOOTHNESS (REVISED)

2007 model year Camry vehicles equipped with 2AZ-FE engine and 5-speed automatic transmission produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown

To enhance shifting performance and smoothness during acceleration, the Engine Control Module/ECM (SAE term: Powertrain Control Module/PCM) calibration has been revised.

NOTE:
􀀀 Version 13.4a or later Diagnostic Tester software is required to perform this procedure.
􀀀 Before proceeding, verify the ECM (PCM) calibration has NOT been updated by checking for the Authorized Modifications Label (shown in step 1 of the
Repair Procedure).

-PG002-05 TIRE POSITIONING BEFORE NEW VEHICLE DELIVERY (REVISED)

2007 model year Toyota and Scion vehicles.

During the manufacturing process, tire characteristics are measured. Tires are then mounted on the vehicle as matched sets to help reduce conditions such as pulling or drifting. If the wheels are replaced or refinished before vehicle delivery, it is important that the tires remain on the vehicle in the same location and in the same direction of rotation.

Please refer to the following procedure to ensure that the original tires stay in the same location on the vehicle.

-TC008-06 3RD - 4TH GEAR SHIFT FLARE

2007 model year Camry vehicles equipped with the V6 engine.

Some customers may experience a sharp increase in RPM between the 3rd to 4th
gear shift point during the first ten minutes of operation after a cold start. A revised transmission valve body has been developed to address this concern.

-TC010-06 HARSH 5-4 DOWNSHIFT ON DECELERATION

2007 model year Camry vehicles equipped with the 2AZ-FE engine and 5-Speed ATM produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown.

Some 2006 – 2007 model year Camry vehicles equipped with the 2AZ-FE engine and U250E automatic transaxle (ATM) may exhibit a harsh 5–4 downshift under the following conditions:

􀀀 ATM at normal operating temperature
􀀀 After driving above 45 mph (72 km/h)
􀀀 Decelerating through 28 mph (45 km/h)

The line pressure control solenoid assembly (SLT) has been improved to reduce this condition on customer complaint vehicles.

monaroCountry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Every car has them, but it is interesting to see what can happen...and the extent to which the public knows.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #3
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is with the continual flogging of a dead horse...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
RATT

It's not flogging a dead horse. It shows that it happens to the best of them, which some people deny.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
It's not flogging a dead horse. It shows that it happens to the best of them, which some people deny.
Ok...I just think if monarocountry loves Holdens/Fords so much then what is the problem? People dont buy hot Fords and Commodores for their superior build quality we buy them for their outright RWD performance. QualityCounts is obviosuly a troll and I assume everyone with half a brain knows as such.

Look no matter how much I personally also like Ford, car buying experience tells me that a Toyota and most jap imports have better build quality than a local (I CAN CONCEDE THIS POINT, WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR THE FANBOI's TO ADMIT IT) - will this make me buy a Toyota Aurion - hell no - it is still a FWD whitegood on wheels with a tourqless wonder of an engine.

The dead horse comment meant that you are effectivly preaching to the converted....
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh well, at least Toyota re trying to put out a field fix. I dont know how many other manufacturers out there would bother listing the cosmetic/trim issues that Toyota have done so there.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 01:12 PM   #7
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Ok...I just think if monarocountry loves Holdens/Fords so much then what is the problem? People dont buy hot Fords and Commodores for their superior build quality we buy them for their outright RWD performance. QualityCounts is obviosuly a troll and I assume everyone with half a brain knows as such.

Look no matter how much I personally also like Ford, car buying experience tells me that a Toyota and most jap imports have better build quality than a local (I CAN CONCEDE THIS POINT, WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR THE FANBOI's TO ADMIT IT) - will this make me buy a Toyota Aurion - hell no - it is still a FWD whitegood on wheels with a tourqless wonder of an engine.

The dead horse comment meant that you are effectivly preaching to the converted....
Exactly.

I wouldnt've brought a VL, if I was after build quality.

Build quality means sweet ******* all to me, at the end of the day.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #8
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Exactly.

I wouldnt've brought a VL, if I was after build quality.

Build quality means sweet ******* all to me, at the end of the day.
Interesting point, though I will say as you get older you build quality matters. Since the EF I must say overall the quality of the Falcon has improved year by year. If Ford kept their build quality like the XD-XF days there would definitly be no Falcon now.

I would say the best thign the Japanese has done for cars is redefine build quality and that alone has made other manufactures to wake up and follow suite.
Old 13-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #9
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Strider_GuY
Interesting point, though I will say as you get older you build quality matters. Since the EF I must say overall the quality of the Falcon has improved year by year. If Ford kept their build quality like the XD-XF days there would definitly be no Falcon now.
Hmmmmm fair call mate. I guess it doesn't matter, because I'm really into the used car market and I don't expect 20 year old cars, too have precision build quality.;)

Once I start looking into new cars, it'll mean more. Would hate to buy a new Commodore or Falcon and find out it has a faulty dash or the interior panels aren't alligned properly.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #10
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Once I start looking into new cars, it'll mean more. Would hate to buy a new Commodore or Falcon and find out it has a faulty dash or the interior panels aren't alligned properly.
I was about to buy a VE commodore until the dash in the clubsport at the motorshow decided to "malfuction" and fall to pieces.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #11
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Here's a few more recalls this year for Toyota.

http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal..._ID_Auto=14202

http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal..._ID_Auto=14152

http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal..._ID_Auto=14110

I believe this recall was after the accident in japan that cost a few lives.
http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal..._ID_Auto=13909
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post