Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Anyone in the Engineering / Drafting field need a change?

Just wondering if there is anyone here that works in the engineering or drafting industry (structural or civil), or has skills or qualifications in either, and is possibly looking for a job change, or more money???

Due to rapid growth the company I work for is looking to expand considerably over the next couple of months, and we have all been asked to keep an eye out for potential employees!

If this is your field then you will find that we have some exciting stuff on the go at the moment. Want to work on designs for large projects such as: the largest shopping centre in Europe, many Docklands apartment complexes to 50+ storeys, Airports in Dubai & London, new multi-stories in Brisbane, and many other future landmarks around Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and increasingly London?

Director has said that very attractive salary packages will be available to people that catch their eye, so it could be a great opportunity for a step up. If youre keen send me a PM and we can go from there.

We are looking for engineers, designers, and drafties in structural or civil. There are positions available at our Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Cairns, Gold Coast & Newcastle offices.

Hopefully there will be a few people from here that can come on board...i need some more ford supporters...it has been very painful on Mondays after Holdens dominate at the track :

Cheers
Dave

P.S. If any suitable people are hired from fordforums then my company will make a donation to the forums :

Old 26-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

If it were Mech/Elec design and drafting i would consider. Don't have any experience in Civil/Structural. Where in the same boat. We all used to work for a multi billion dollar engineering firm but everyone in our office resigned and we started our own consulting firm. We are looking for some more people due to work load and amount of jobs we are nocking back. I still only get 34g though even though we have been making a profit of well over 100g a month. There is only 4 full time people here to and ones a trainee i'm taining and he only get about 15g. : Don't ask me where all the money is going.
Old 26-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #3
efracer
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYGTHO
If it were Mech/Elec design and drafting i would consider. Don't have any experience in Civil/Structural.
Im in the same boat. But if your willing to consider someone without much civic/structual training then send me a PM, I am willing to learn :
efracer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well it depends where abouts you are looking to work.

if youre looking for work in sydney/newcastle/goldcoast/brisbane then a "junior" or someone with limited experience is a fair chance, melbourne is looking for a more senior person.

if youre looking for a drafting position and want to change fields (ie you have cad experience, just not structural) then its probably worth you sending your CV

dave
Old 26-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whats the name of the business?
id be keen to go to the one in Cairns... but i only have AutoCAD Prodesktop and alot of IT skills... i have people skills too

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
LTD Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford2001
Just wondering if there is anyone here that works in the engineering or drafting industry (structural or civil), or has skills or qualifications in either, and is possibly looking for a job change, or more money???

Due to rapid growth the company I work for is looking to expand considerably over the next couple of months, and we have all been asked to keep an eye out for potential employees!

If this is your field then you will find that we have some exciting stuff on the go at the moment. Want to work on designs for large projects such as: the largest shopping centre in Europe, many Docklands apartment complexes to 50+ storeys, Airports in Dubai & London, new multi-stories in Brisbane, and many other future landmarks around Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and increasingly London?

Director has said that very attractive salary packages will be available to people that catch their eye, so it could be a great opportunity for a step up. If youre keen send me a PM and we can go from there.

We are looking for engineers, designers, and drafties in structural or civil. There are positions available at our Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Cairns, Gold Coast & Newcastle offices.

Hopefully there will be a few people from here that can come on board...i need some more ford supporters...it has been very painful on Mondays after Holdens dominate at the track :

Cheers
Dave

P.S. If any suitable people are hired from fordforums then my company will make a donation to the forums :
Whom do I send my CV to, in Sydney?
Old 06-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you have PM