Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-10-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
protd
TUFF FORDS

Default my wife went for a ride in brett stevens burnout ba

we have a car show on here in cairns, and Brett Stevens is up here for it.. anyway went down to the local pub for some beers and dinner, and Brett Stevens was there with his BA burnout car, we got talking to him and had a few beers, he was doing demo start ups with the car out in the car park. at this particular time he was sitting with us having some beers and asked my wife if she'd like to jump in the car with him so she did. anyway he fired up the BA and had it sitting there idling away and nailed the throttle a few times clicked it into gear and let the beast of a car have all it's worth right there in the car park of our local pub.. he was not meant to throw a skid he told us afterwards, but thought what the hell.. we had a few more beers with him and told a few stories and called the night to an end at about 3am.. meet up with Brett again at the show and he took us through his trucks and showed us around.. latter that night meet up with him at the bar of the car show and downed a few more drinks and called it quits at about 1am. Brett's asked us to come back today, the man is a genuinely nice guy that goes out of his way to be friendly and talk to people i dont think ive ever meet a person like him a awesome guy to talk to and have beers with...

i have a few pics from the pub as you dont normally carry a camera with you to the pub there just from my phone so the quality is crap but you can get the idea

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image000.jpg (56.3 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg Image001.jpg (49.6 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg Image002.jpg (47.4 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg Image003.jpg (42.5 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Image004.jpg (79.1 KB, 148 views)
protd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #2
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

Wow amazing story....Brett seems like a awesome bloke
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Boss 260 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #3
protd
TUFF FORDS

heading back to the show soon i'll get some pics up from some cars aswell asap
Old 29-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #4
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

The first one of his car is not bad quality...
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Boss 260 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
protd
TUFF FORDS

yeah the phone takes ok pics if you hold it steady and the lighting is ok but if you take the shot quick and it shakes a bit there pics turn to crap.. anyway it's all we had with us if i'd have known he was going to be there i would have taken a proper camera.. never mind
Old 29-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #6
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

would have been a good night, Brett is know as a bit of a wild boy
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:40 AM   #7
Scott

What a champion! Great story too.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Looks like a fun night Lee, hey is the cock and bull still there ? i love that place.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #9
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Looks like it was a top night mate,bet you still got a hangover...
That would have been awsome to have a ride in that car...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 11:29 PM   #10
protd
TUFF FORDS

yep cock and bull still around mate.. was an awsome night we spent fri night ,sat, sat night, sun and sunday with brett and he's invited us for a wend down at his place in brissy when the season eases up, cant wait till december, will have some great pics then..
Old 30-10-2006, 08:00 AM   #11
protd
TUFF FORDS

our car club got best club display.. the silver xy of my mates got best tuff street.. the black camaro got top ten.. the blue rod of a mate got top hot rod and top ten the guy that owns the rod owns a Harley and got top Harley aswell.. another mate with a 62 corvette got best coupe.. so over all the boys from the club took home 6 trophy's i'll get a few pics up as soon as i find as i can
Old 30-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #12
slayer351

And my mate won the dyno shootout for the N/A class with his XE sedan, Crack 434.8hp at the wheels. Not a bad effort. But he was hoping for a little more, Got a 514ci crammed in the engine bay.

Its only a new engine in there and he hasnt really had time to play yet. The car isnt quite finished yet, Having trouble getting a aircleaner and scoop for the 1050 dominator.
slayer351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #13
protd
TUFF FORDS

seen the purple xe run on the dyno.. tell him top job mate great to see the fords doing well, hoped to have my car ready for it but it wasn't to be..
Old 30-10-2006, 09:35 AM   #14
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

It was a great show, Mazlin's XE was pretty awesome, sure put that pink VK brocky commodore to shame. I thought the 414hp with his exhaust on was pretty decent too.

Protd, was that silver XY that was doing the burnout runs your mates? That had to have been the best looking/sounding car there! It was great to see the GT40 (replica?) there too. First time i've ever seen one in the flesh.
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #15
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Here is a better picture of his ute:-

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #16
protd
TUFF FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
It was a great show, Mazlin's XE was pretty awesome, sure put that pink VK brocky commodore to shame. I thought the 414hp with his exhaust on was pretty decent too.

Protd, was that silver XY that was doing the burnout runs your mates? That had to have been the best looking/sounding car there! It was great to see the GT40 (replica?) there too. First time i've ever seen one in the flesh.
yep thats my mates xy.. it's a pretty tough street car.. and the best thing is he's not afraid to give it some punishment
Old 02-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #17
TUF514
Banned

my best mates mum washes his dogs
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post