Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #31
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Get a room, kids...

I say do it. (Move to the USA, not have intimate relations with Kenny)

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #32
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
No, no, no. I don't swing that way...

ROFL - its ok mate, either do I....but You backed out quicker than the HRT Team at Bathurst this year....LOL I love it...

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #33
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
Mate I am seriously Happy in Brisbane at the moment, however like everything its something that has to be explored. There are things I love about Brisbane, and things I miss about Melbourne, I guess I will have a look at what is totally put on the table run the sums and work out what I lose vs.what I could gain....

Life is about educated Risks, some people take them others dont, I guess time will tell....
I don't know your situation but if you can go then take the chance , experience is alays usful , after a year I suspect you will be wanting to return though , californians are strange
:
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #34
capriv8

Way back in 1987 when I was younger I travelled up to San Fran with a mate for a bit of holiday in a campervan when we got there we thought stuff the campervan we should book into a cheap hotel, short story is every hotel we went to thought we were gay and couldnt understand that we wanted one room with two beds for a whole nite. We ended up staying in the campervan. My opinion is you should go and enjoy yourself even if it is just for a new experience.
capriv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #35
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Hey Craig
I left Australia in 1986 for a six month work/play trip through the USA and Europe. I finally returned in 1994. I had the time of my life!!
I had a great life in Australia before I left, and have a better one now I'm back.

I'd say go for it mate, if you have no ties here. There is a great big world of experience out there!
Old 26-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #36
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

My sister and brother-inlaw are over there currently as he works in IT with the mobile networks. They have been over there for about 12 months and they love it. As they have been travelling around the globe for work for the past 8+ years they are over travelling but still love San Fran.

They live on the other side of the bay in Concord but when I visited there it is very easy to catch the train (B.A.R.T) and your in the city in under an hour! It is a great city/area around San Fran so I would say go for it.

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post