Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
luke

Angry New cars

Hi all,
Today I was out the front of a certain car manufacturer, (Based in Elizabeth, Adelaide). An employee was driving a brand spanking new VZ SSZ Commondore onto a towtruck. Anyway, halfway up, the SSZ got stuck, and starts scraping on the undercarriage. The guy driving it just floors it, spins the wheels and scrapes it onto the bed of the truck anyway, with the worst metal-on-metal sound I have ever heard.

These are new cars I'm talking about here... NEW CARS!!! This one will probably be back getting a new exhaust under warranty. Hmm... This is why I don't want a Commodore.

/end rant

luke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
XRated
Shoot.

You wouldn't buy a Commodore (or any car for that matter) because one dealer you've seen did something bad?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:22 AM   #3
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

yeah but this might show that alot of them are slack, i mean not every workplace is run like the books is it...

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a Ford dealership "somewhere" has done the same as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I am pretty sure, in Victoria I know, that the same transport company does the blue oval also. Red and white trucks, cannot remember company.
Old 21-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #6
gmhdriver
Banned

Hardly a reason not to buy a Holden. Most likely a one off or a rare occurence at the most. The damage would be picked up and fixed during pre-delivery anyway.
Also, I'm pretty sure the truck drivers load the cars onto the truck, not Holden employees.
gmhdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:30 AM   #7
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I am pretty sure, in Victoria I know, that the same transport company does the blue oval also. Red and white trucks, cannot remember company.
Finemores, which have now been bought out by Toll.
gmhdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #8
luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16wantsI6
yeah but this might show that alot of them are slack, i mean not every workplace is run like the books is it...
That's what I mean... It's just like, some people don't care... Might not just be Holden either, you don't know what's happened to the car prior to delivery, no matter who made the car. This is probably why you get lemons, they have probably been thrashed in their first 10 k's, which will probably do the most damage IMO.

Old 21-02-2006, 12:38 AM   #9
Aeron
DJR Fan

Toll lost my car. They didn’t even know where it was. It was just by chance that one of the salesmen were at the Toll holding yard and saw a blueprint XR6T and thought it may be mine. It was. So I got RATT to go over and pick it up and take it to the dealership.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #10
NZ
~~~

My mate who recently took a redundancy package from tord told me this story. A Territory milage car was damaged but another senior employee who he didn't really like but had to work with him anyway. This guy managed to run this territory off the road and did some damage to the sump and undercarriage. It was supposed to be fixed before it went to the dealer but in the interests of getting the car out and keep his number up it went out damaged. Naturally the dealer wasn't happy and my mate had to organise for the car to be returned to the factory to be repaired. He was naturally fuming about it. He said to me ' That ИИИИ struts round like a frnch peaИИИИ on heat his days coming ...'

So it doesn't just happen at holden.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:46 AM   #11
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
Hardly a reason not to buy a Holden.
Exactly. There are plenty of reasons already :nutsycuck
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:56 AM   #12
gtfpv
GT

imagine fpv cars they cant go over some speed humps and road dips. many many many cars get repaired pre delivery . the truck driver gets paid once the car is on the truck damaged or undamaged. thats why they dont care. a damaged car is better than a space on the truck..
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 01:05 AM   #13
luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
a damaged car is better than a space on the truck..
Which is why there's so many dodgy f**ks out there! As long as they get paid they don't care. Especially with peformance cars. You just don't know the car's history before delivery.

Old 21-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #14
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmmmm yeah that does sound dodgy.

I bet all manufacturars do it though.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #15
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
This is why I don't want a Commodore.
Why don't you try BMWs and Mercs - heck you should see how many brand new cars get a respray before delivery, it's shocking.

I'd be slightly annoyed if my $200K+ car had been resprayed before I took delivery.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #16
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

An ex-workmate bought a new Subaru and had to have the whole car re-sprayed. Imagine the dealers disgust when they discovered during the investigation that the problem was caused by fallout from an accident at a factory that backs onto their (dealership) holding yard. The dealer ended up respraying about 20 cars plus complete rebuffs and touch-ups on 10 others. Needless to say the offending factory's insurance paid for the lot.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #17
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

I was a NEW CAR salesman for over two years. Very expensive Mitsubishi Ralliart front bumpers were delivered with the lower section in the trunk, I'd imagine the same for HSV's and FPV's, though the remaining bar was almost always damaged. Sometimes repairable, often replaced. And yes, we charged Toll's.

Those transport guys are mad - some of them complete morons (like any workplace I suppose). My dealership was a few hundred metres from a McDonalds - I saw a couple of NEW cars, with all the plastic etc on them, straight from factory, driven (without trade plates) off truck, through McDonalds drive-thru, then back past truck into my yard. I swear that guy's head rolled that day.

One day, a 100-series Land Cruiser was literally dropped off the ramps sideways; and some of the drivers would plough all the other vehicles straight up the full square curb at huge speed (often other brands were behind our cars and had to rotate load)

Any brand of car, they ALL use transport companies, they ALL get damaged, they ALL get repaired - be it a Mirage or a Murcielago they are driven by crazy hoons at the docs, in the transporters' yards, on and off multiple trucks, around the dealership, on test drives, etc etc. And much to my disgust - damage DOES occur far too frequently. Oh, and the odometers don't count while the yellow fuse it up.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #18
Ben083GC

Whats the world coming to? A new car is actually used? lol...those stories are unbelievable fellas.
---- 162rw/kw ----
Ben083GC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #19
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I seen a new Tornado ute thats had some dodgy factory welding done on the front end, around the left front seems near where the guard and front rad support meet behind the headlights, also FPV forgot to repaint the guard where the washers had moved al ittle as it was removed, theres now a big circle from a washer of bare metal, plus alot of damage done to the paint on the top of the bolts, crazy really, btw the car was Rapid so it stood out like dogИИИИ.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post