Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #1
YuGoStaR
Long Member

Default Had an accident, what a joke

Ok so I thought I would share this with you guys, I thought it was rather amusing anyway.

I work occasionally as a Pizza delivery driver for StAlbans Dominos, and last night as I was waiting to turn right and park infront of the store, some guy reverses out, no idea I was waiting and clips my rear driver side corner. Im sitting there in my car saying something like 'What are you doing !' when I look over to the guy and his mate, we were looking at eachother when they just take off down the road. So I take down his rego as I go to park my car.

Anyway, I get out of the car my manager comes asking if they hit me, he takes a look and starts laughing. I was pretty ticked off so I ask him what was so funny, he tells me that guy had just applied for a job, giving all his details in the process. Now seriously how stupid can you get...

Ok so I call the police, this was about 10pm. They say they will come down soon, I'm waiting for 2 hours when I decide to call and ask where they are since I'm still technically 'at work'. I find out there is no record of my call...? So I make another claim of the accident and apparently someone will come down soon. So as I'm once more waiting, I get a call, from the Police. The lady says they can't send someone down since no one is at the scene of the accident, I have to go to the police station in Keilor and tell them in person.

So I go down there after work with my boss. I get there and they tell me off for leaving the scene of an accident....Righto...After that they call the guy up. He denies any knowledge, but suddenly remembers after they threaten to arrest him. But now his mate was driving the car....in the meantime the other officer checks the number plates, and apparently they don't exist. And to top it off his license has been cancelled.

After a few minutes the guy hangs up on the Constable. So she calls him back, and he hangs up again...

Eventually they said I could go and they going to charge him with something tomorrow. I called insurance today they handled it, so that's OK.

There really are soom loonies out there, it's not enough if you drive carefully you also need to watch out for their stupidity. What can you do.
Rant off :

Old 17-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow...
well I guess you should be really happy he had just applied for a job eh, if he hadn't goodness knows the outcome..

At least your car will be fixed and you wont have to pay anything.

sorry, but yeah it is funny.. not the fact he hit your car, but omg how dumb can he be... apparently very dumb :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
Psycho Chicken
Banned

It's a wonder some people can breathe.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #4
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hahah thats a ripper.
what a crazy stupid moron!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #5
YuGoStaR
Long Member

Indeed, I hope they get him and his boyfriend good.
Old 17-02-2006, 11:44 PM   #6
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them. How dumb do you have to be. Oh no the cops wrang. If I hang up on them they will go away.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #7
keenaz
Starter Motor

the sad thing is... these people reproduce!! we're all doomed
keenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 11:56 PM   #8
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

The world is full of idiots

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #9
The Monty
Just slidin'

Greg Murphy applied for a job at Dominos? Damn.
Old 18-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #10
bobski

Apparently 1 in 10 drivers in Sydney are unlicenced or driving an unregistered car. Scary stuff when you think that they are all uninsured!

And I agree - some serious loonies out there!
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #11
guym

whats even more scary is the cops don't give a darn and so these morons know they can get away with it
guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #12
bobski

Quote:
Originally Posted by guym
whats even more scary is the cops don't give a darn and so these morons know they can get away with it
The cops in NSW have a new camera that can detect stolen cars, what would be nice is they also used it to pinch those driving unregistered cars, or cars registered by people whose licence has been cancelled since they registered it.

Yeah yeah - sounds like a police state. But looking at some of the t**ds living in Sydney these days, I'd rather have less scum and more law abiding citizens.
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 07:00 PM   #13
eXi7w0unD

but if u got insurence to fix it, dont you have to pay an access? say 400$, and so it wouldnt be worth it cus next renewal or next year ur insurence goes up cus u made a claim..?
eXi7w0unD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #14
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
what would be nice is they also used it to pinch those driving unregistered cars,
they do have a camera that does that. its the same one as the stolen car cam. it goes by the plates. so i think it even goes off if the owner of the car with licence plate abc-123 has warrants and stuff.thats what ive heard.
Old 19-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #15
Falchoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey_XF
The world is full of idiots
Are you talking about the guy who hit him or the coppers? They both sound as bad as each other to me. Luckily it wasn't some life and death situation for YuGoStaR because the cops never had a record of his earlier phone call. And then after the cop on the phone tells hime to go to the station to report the acco he gets chatted for leaving the scene of an accident. I bet you if YuGoStaR was seen doing 65 in the 60 zone there would be 10 cops there before you could say "revenue raiser".

To be a little less critical to the cops I guess they are understaffed/underesourced but IMO that is no excuse for giving the wrong/conflicting information about a fairly mainstream/common incident.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #16
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXi7w0unD
but if u got insurence to fix it, dont you have to pay an access? say 400$, and so it wouldnt be worth it cus next renewal or next year ur insurence goes up cus u made a claim..?
If you give them the name of the at fault party, you don't pay the excess - at least some of them do it. It's then up to the insurance company to chase the money.
But it was nice for they guy to leave his details in the process of applying for a job
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #17
YuGoStaR
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchoon
To be a little less critical to the cops I guess they are understaffed/underesourced but IMO that is no excuse for giving the wrong/conflicting information about a fairly mainstream/common incident.
In regards to that I saw approximately 7 of their cars as I was taking deliveries earlier in the night, prior to the accident. They didn't look overly 'busy' to me.

In regards to the excess, AAMI said I did not have to pay any excess, since it was not my fault. That's what they said....now what they do is another thing :
Old 20-02-2006, 09:38 AM   #18
Ringo
I see you....

The idiot can be charged with leaving the scene of an accident can't he ????

Redrum where are you ???
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #19
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ironically the other day I had a mate who was rear ended while working for Dominos, and guess what? They guy who hit him was unlicenced and the car unregoed.
Both cars were written off, luckily the guy hung around till the cops showed, but he still has no money and is unlikely to pay off the damages any time soon.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #20
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

AAMI are usually pretty good like that. My mrs was in a minor prang, where she was leaving a carpark and someone backed into her. AAMI took care of it and no excess was ever charged, they just pursued the guilty party (who i believe was uninsured).
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post