Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #1
Damo
Banned

Default Ned - Please explain.

Turbo FTW

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?total_rec=15&search_di stance=25&vehicle_id=3632213&model_id=10&badge_id= 11&state_id=7&current_rec=4&search_type=21&used_re c=3&make_id=6

Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
Damo
Banned

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?total_rec=15&search_di stance=25&vehicle_id=3632213&model_id=10&badge_id= 11&state_id=7&current_rec=4&search_type=21&used_re c=3&make_id=6
Old 21-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

what the??
dont sell it man........
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #4
niko
likes falcon's

neds link
Old 21-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #5
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

Ned is soft :P

Last I heard he was keeping it. Must of changed his mind again :(

Last edited by Gubas; 21-11-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Gubas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #6
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned
Selling my pride and joy, due to funds required for a smaller car to travel to Uni with everyday.
Get a gas conversion for $390!
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Leave me alone! LOL, I'm going through some rough times at the moment. Not family related or anything it's car related! I wanna get rid of it, but at the same time I don't know what I should do, either way I'll still end up with a boosted Ford just incase you guys are wondering!

Oh and I know some of you are laughing at the price, but it was to see if it gained any interest. As Gubas has said I may be keeping it, I'll find out soon enough.
Old 22-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

Woohoo! As long as you you have a boosted Ford.

Sell me your AU motor!
Old 22-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #9
EDXR65SPEED

Dude, thats neat!
Still up for sale?
EDXR65SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Yes still up for sale.
Old 22-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #11
YLDTRK
Formerly GTP075

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Get a gas conversion for $390!
i think ned has the same issue as me, our cars being immaculate its hurts to park the cars in certain locations with out having to worry about shoping trolley damage, or parking near nightclubs, etc. etc. his car is great on fuel as is my 5.0.
Old 22-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #12
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Bingo!
Old 22-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #13
Christiaan

Get over it, I say. They're just E-series. It's not exactly a ferrari.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 22-11-2006, 08:43 PM   #14
Damo
Banned

so was the car turboed ?
Old 22-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #15
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Ned thats a shame mate. I feel your pain with the uni situation, but serious, you dont save that much by going smaller.

I could be wrong, but you sound like you might be getting a turbo laser/telstar, their not going to be much better. (I could be way off though).

Also kill the e series stickers on the sides, there awesome but wont help you sell it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #16
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
Get over it, I say. They're just E-series. It's not exactly a ferrari.
They are just e-series cars, but it costs just the same to respray a panel on a ferrari as it does on an E-series (provided the panel beater doesn't include "additional overcharges" because of the make of car...) the difference being that E-series owners generally have a much much smaller disposable income than ferrari owners....
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #17
Christiaan

All i'm saying Rollin, is that everyone who owns a car is a potential target for random acts of criminal action towards them. I don't see how a nice looking ford will trigger an attack.

If you park your car in a shopping centre and it gets hit by a trolley, bad luck, people aren't going to say "OMG, your falcon has a big scratch on it!"

They old cars. Make them go good, keep them well maintainned, and worry about shit like trolley scratches and door marks when it happens, or if it becomes a problem. I always find a good park away from the tolleys and doors. Even if it means i'm further away from the shop. Just be sensible. It can happen in any car! Don't think getting rid of a 'nice looking ford' will protect you from it.
Old 22-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #18
Tiga_EL
Banned

I reckon a mint sleeper is on the cards...
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #19
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
All i'm saying Rollin, is that everyone who owns a car is a potential target for random acts of criminal action towards them. I don't see how a nice looking ford will trigger an attack.

If you park your car in a shopping centre and it gets hit by a trolley, bad luck, people aren't going to say "OMG, your falcon has a big scratch on it!"

They old cars. Make them go good, keep them well maintainned, and worry about shit like trolley scratches and door marks when it happens, or if it becomes a problem. I always find a good park away from the tolleys and doors. Even if it means i'm further away from the shop. Just be sensible. It can happen in any car! Don't think getting rid of a 'nice looking ford' will protect you from it.
How about some idiot Holden fanatic?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #20
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

has it got an engineering certificate for the engine?

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Sick EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 10:35 PM   #21
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol i thought it was Fantz selling his cars again!!!!!!!
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 11:42 PM   #22
TICTRAK

WHAT THE.?
had 80,000km on it before installation and has since done approximately 5,000km since it has been put in the car.

Car has always been serviced every 5,000km with fresh oil and oil filter. Spark plugs and leads also changed approximately every 10,000km. Very well looked after, and always kept clean.

When doing an add dont put all the info from the last eng you ruined.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
TICTRAK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 01:16 AM   #23
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Quote:

Getting a small trolley scratch on the sprint would absolutely crush me, anytime I have ever parked that car in a carpark I have parked it miles from the front door in order to prevent this.

I cant believe you have the attitude you do! This astounds me, even from you yagz and I normally expect you to stay stupid things.

TOPIC: It's a real shame you're selling this car ned, I have many fond memories of it! Absolutely beautifuly clean car, the new owner will defintiely not be disapointed. Good luck with the sale, it will be a shame to see it go.
Old 23-11-2006, 03:08 AM   #24
Christiaan

I'm sorry everyone, but i'm quite amazed no-one else shares my view.

Ned, sell the wheels, put the ride height up, put some hubcaps on some stockies, and it'll be stock looking again. No more holden fans hurting your precious ED.
Old 23-11-2006, 04:30 AM   #25
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

You are tripping balls, I'll do what I want when I want, it's my car. So what if I'm selling it it's not the end of the world!

TICTRAK, what last engine did I ruin? I got a complete AU motor with 80,000km on it for $400, you do the math.

Damo, car was never turbo'd, but still has that chance, and if not, I'll still end up with a boosted Falcon. One way or the other.

Sick EB, what engineering certificate? I replaced a 4.0 with a 4.0 I don't see where the problem is, Vicroads has been notified of the change as well as my insurance. There isn't a problem.

shuresm58, not all of us have the strength and courage like yourself to keep going through the hard times of someone damaging your car. I'm sure I will battle through it with your guidance.

Tiga EL, you're right on the money, mint sleeper is well on the cards.

I realise that this is a public forum but me... some people just don't have a clue. Who cares if I was selling it to buy a push bike!

/end rant.

Last edited by Laminge; 23-11-2006 at 04:22 PM.
ned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #26
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

ok.....some people just trying to give advice, whether you listen or not is up to you.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #27
LTDHO
The one and only

I was going to post something but don't want to be apart of a rant...

Nice car anyway.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #28
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Don't get me wrong... I'm listening but as I have stated I'm going through something a little more difficult. I didn't mean for my post to come across so negative, I appreciate all the kind comments about the car but just because I have it up for sale doesn't mean it's the end of the world, sometimes we gotta make tough decisions.
Old 23-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #29
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

oh ned!! you have been bitten by the same bug as me!! lol well there is not much i can say as that would make me a hipocrite, good luck with the sale mate.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #30
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

hey hey now come on guys's ned is allowed to look after his car, and he is allowed to be particular about it, man i sit there and polish my rocker cover its just cause we like our cars!! let him be, it his decision to sell it and im sure he would appreciate constructive critisium not straight out bagging him.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-

Last edited by EFFalcon; 23-11-2006 at 02:46 PM.
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post