Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-11-2021, 08:08 PM   #1
jakka351

Angry F****** *****

Reversed into, out the front of my old house. $1225 excess, right before Xmas. Happened two days ago still boiling at the ears. Driver door only thing damaged. No note, no nothing, gone. To add insult to injury, the door doesnt open so I look like an idiot getting in and out of the car from the passenger side.

Also found the missus secret tinder account but hey thats not a big deal compared to this.

*GRUMPY FACE*

F***s.
jakka351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-11-2021, 08:30 PM   #2
hayseed

Default Re: F****** *****

I feel your pain....
My 18Yr old Daughter's Car was backed into in the Local IGA carpark... Luckily Her (our) excess is a Fraction of Yours.. Still hurts though. If we knew who It was We wouldn't be up for a Cent.. or lose our NCB..
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2021, 08:49 PM   #3
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't this episode one of the reasons you have insurance?
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2021, 10:02 PM   #4
jakka351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
Isn't this episode one of the reasons you have insurance?
yes if you read the post you will see that I have an excess of 1225 dollars. I have insurance so if i hit anybody, my insurance will pay for it. If someone hits me, i am also covered. But if you hit me, your insurance should pay, not mine.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2021, 10:09 PM   #5
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it distasteful to ask what the go is with the Tinder account…?
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2021, 06:06 AM   #6
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakka351 View Post
yes if you read the post you will see that I have an excess of 1225 dollars. I have insurance so if i hit anybody, my insurance will pay for it. If someone hits me, i am also covered. But if you hit me, your insurance should pay, not mine.
I agree.

However you also need to consider not everyone has insurance.
Some don't even have rego.
Some don't have a drivers license, or are suspended.
Some are also under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

A certain percentage of the population aren't prepared to accept responsibility for their actions.
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 10:53 AM   #7
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
But if you hit me, your insurance should pay, not mine.
That's true, if they actually have it. but of course you need to nab the driver if they don't own up

you say it happened outside your house? in the street? Neighbors across the road would be the main suspect wouldn't they?
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 11:17 AM   #8
jakka351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
I agree.

However you also need to consider not everyone has insurance.
Some don't even have rego.
Some don't have a drivers license, or are suspended.
Some are also under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

A certain percentage of the population aren't prepared to accept responsibility for their actions.
I drove behind someone at 2am the other week, 80kmh highway, they had no head lights on, i yelled out to them stopped at the lights, they then proceeded to drive straight through the red light, lights off, kept driving. NFI
Old 17-11-2021, 11:17 AM   #9
jakka351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Is it distasteful to ask what the go is with the Tinder account…?
haha yes
Old 17-11-2021, 11:19 AM   #10
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
That's true, if they actually have it. but of course you need to nab the driver if they don't own up

you say it happened outside your house? in the street? Neighbours across the road would be the main suspect wouldn't they?
Exactly this in my two neighbours case...new neighbour moved in 2 weeks ago and someone backed into the BMW convertible parked in front of owners home across the road...probably the driver of the hire truck which was a a parent or family friend...no note left on the damaged car....BMW owner asks every neighbour on our block, 3 were out during the day like us...gets to the new neighbours door and finds out...yeah it happened while we were moving, really sorry....no note left and a fabulous start to the reputation of the new neighbours. Not :(
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 11:48 AM   #11
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

If it was at your house and you have close-by neighbours, any chance they have security camera footage that may help you identify the culprit? Worth a shot!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2021, 01:26 PM   #12
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I drove behind someone at 2am the other week, 80kmh highway, they had no head lights on, i yelled out to them stopped at the lights, they then proceeded to drive straight through the red light, lights off, kept driving. NFI
at 2am? probably wasted..
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #13
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You must be a dodgey looking fella for them to run the red light! jk!!....

Did you see the lights off from behind? I've noticed some of the newer cars can have the headlights on, but the rear lights off. Not sure how that works! I've tooted at a number of cars, whilst approaching from behind......only to be slightly embarrassed when I see their headlight is actually on. Why would that feature even be needed?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2021, 03:22 PM   #14
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
You must be a dodgey looking fella for them to run the red light! jk!!....

Did you see the lights off from behind? I've noticed some of the newer cars can have the headlights on, but the rear lights off. Not sure how that works! I've tooted at a number of cars, whilst approaching from behind......only to be slightly embarrassed when I see their headlight is actually on. Why would that feature even be needed?
DRL's
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 03:29 PM   #15
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes, you're out of pocket $1200 for no reason, nothing to do with you, minding your own business.
Some tosser hits your car and drives on, not a care in the world.
It certainly sucks, low life scum.

Whats the total bill for the damage?
Wasn't a friend of your Mrs from Tinder, just asking?
Old 17-11-2021, 03:58 PM   #16
hayseed

Quote:
yes if you read the post you will see that I have an excess of 1225 dollars. .
That's a BIG excess...any reason It's so High..?
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 05:15 PM   #17
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
That's a BIG excess...any reason It's so High..?
The higher excess lowers the policy cost considerably.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2021, 06:12 PM   #18
jakka351

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGEREST View Post
The higher excess lowers the policy cost considerably.
This is what I chose
Old 17-11-2021, 06:14 PM   #19
jakka351

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Yes, you're out of pocket $1200 for no reason, nothing to do with you, minding your own business.
Some tosser hits your car and drives on, not a care in the world.
It certainly sucks, low life scum.

Whats the total bill for the damage?
Wasn't a friend of your Mrs from Tinder, just asking?
Haha that would really put the cherry on top. A door from the wreckers is a hundred bucks, so probably will be cheaper to buy one, take it to shop and have them prep paint and fit. not sure yet
Old 17-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #20
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If its any consolation its unlikely that even camera footage or a rego number would have the excess waived.

Pretty much all insurance companies require at least the name and address of the at fault driver to lodge an excess free claim. Once upon a time just the rego would do, even though there has always been this requirement. It seems they have become quite strict on requiring this information.

I know of 5 or 6 friends who have been involved in incidents in the past 12 months where they or a witness has captured a rego number or provided a statement, but an excess was payable because they couldn't name the actual driver. In all cases cops refused to assist in providing the owners or getting the drivers name.

You'd think you insurance company would love to claim the cost off someone else with just enough information provided information, but no.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2021, 03:32 AM   #21
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Slightly off topic, I was hit head on by a German tourist (who imported their LHD car to tour Australia) accident 100% their fault. I had all their details from the police but no fixed address as they were doing a lap of Australia.

I still had to pay my excess as I couldn't give their Australian address, and was never refunded my excess, even though they had all info like names, passport info etc etc.
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2021, 06:54 AM   #22
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the last 5 years we've owned 4 Jaguars, 3 F-Paces and 1 F-Type. The F-Type was hit in an airport carpark, no note, nothing, insurance fixed it, we had to pay the excess.
Last new year's day my wife was driving north (open road) when some young dude coming in the opposite direction decided it was a good idea to look down (at what??), crossed the centre line and smacked head on into our vehicle, my wife was alone, only injury a cut on her ankle, damned lucky to be alive, with airbags etc the vehicle probably saved her life, F-Pace written off. We had to pay the excess for contents damaged in the crash, hoping for re-imbursement from the idiot.
We traded the F-Type and with the insurance pay out on the F-Pace bought a brand new 2021 F-Pace. 6 months later I was rear ended in it. Still waiting for the repair. Insurance paying for it all and we didn't have to pay the excess, the dude who hit me was insured, his vehicle written off I'd say. The main reason I have a tow bar is for being rear ended, has saved me at least 3 times.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xD...-no?authuser=0
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Other rides; '21 Jaguar F-Pace, '21 Ford Ranger FX4-MAX.

Last edited by FPVS3; 20-11-2021 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Adding pic
FPVS3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2021, 08:04 AM   #23
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVS3 View Post
In the last 5 years we've owned 4 Jaguars, 3 F-Paces and 1 F-Type. The F-Type was hit in an airport carpark, no note, nothing, insurance fixed it, we had to pay the excess.
Last new year's day my wife was driving north (open road) when some young dude coming in the opposite direction decided it was a good idea to look down (at what??), crossed the centre line and smacked head on into our vehicle, my wife was alone, only injury a cut on her ankle, damned lucky to be alive, with airbags etc the vehicle probably saved her life, F-Pace written off. We had to pay the excess for contents damaged in the crash, hoping for re-imbursement from the idiot.
We traded the F-Type and with the insurance pay out on the F-Pace bought a brand new 2021 F-Pace. 6 months later I was rear ended in it. Still waiting for the repair. Insurance paying for it all and we didn't have to pay the excess, the dude who hit me was insured, his vehicle written off I'd say. The main reason I have a tow bar is for being rear ended, has saved me at least 3 times.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xD...-no?authuser=0
The crashed F-Pace. Have been away from the forum for awhile, still working out how to add photos again.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...4otjw-WX6kDh1p
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Old 20-11-2021, 08:05 AM   #24
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rear ended at traffic lights by a Ferrari. Driver admitted fault and gave me all details: interstate regi.
I did nothing about it for nearly 6 months as damage to my daily was minor and life was very busy for me. His car needed a new nosecone and paint.
His insurance actually contacted mine asking if I was going to claim which I then did.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2021, 09:36 AM   #25
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The crashed F-Pace. Have been away from the forum for awhile, still working out how to add photos again.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...4otjw-WX6kDh1p

Still working on image thing

Last edited by FPVS3; 20-11-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 20-11-2021, 09:46 AM   #26
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...r_F-Type_S.jpg

Last edited by FPVS3; 20-11-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 20-11-2021, 10:21 AM   #27
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

Try Postimage https://postimages.org

I've owned a couple of old V12 Jags and would love to go for a ride in one of your new ones............... but with your crash history I think I'll pass
Old 20-11-2021, 10:33 AM   #28
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

The standards of driving in this country have hit an all time low and the insurers know it, they have the figures at hand.

The idea of lowering your monthly or yearly premium by increasing your excess are fraught with danger as is the case here.

When we bought the Ranger the excess was set at $800, but the monthly premium was as dear as the insurance on the two cars we sold combined.
Soon after we shopped around and found a much better deal with the RAA at the same excess, when we rang our current insurer back they said the only way they could get close to matching the RAA's monthly premium was to increase our excess.
We declined and asked them to cancel the insurance at the end of the month (30/10) when the next premium instalment was due and we reinsured it with RAA from (30/10).

2 days before the change over date we had the hail storm here in SA (28/10), the old insurer tried to say we were out of luck and had already removed the vehicle from our account with them, problem for them was, we had only just received a letter from them stating the vehicle was covered until the cancellation date and they accepted the claim.
Had we stuck with them and increased our excess to keep the premium down we'd be out of pocket a further $400.

The Wife and i have already discussed the morals of the situation and have agreed that if the old insurer do the right thing with the repairs we will return the insurance of the vehicle to them, if they cut corners they can get stuffed.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2021, 12:16 PM   #29
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Try Postimage https://postimages.org

I've owned a couple of old V12 Jags and would love to go for a ride in one of your new ones............... but with your crash history I think I'll pass
Ha! Yeah! Fair enough, we're targeted
Oh! And thanks for the image tip. 👍

https://i.postimg.cc/cJdVnpjc/20211120-085758.jpg

Last edited by FPVS3; 20-11-2021 at 12:42 PM.
Old 20-11-2021, 12:46 PM   #30
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote: