Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Default Glassed

Did anyone watch that current affairs show last night? Where Tracy will be interviewing the girl that got glassed in a club? I almost shat myself. Its my neighbor directly across the hall.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...006784,00.html

What a waste. I feel so sorry for her. When I first heard about plastic cups coming in I wasn't that happy, then I seen that on the news last night and my mind changed pretty quick.

Old 15-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
ford_gal_86

Such a shame as she was a pretty gal. Plastic cups seem like a better idea, but we shouldnt have to change them due to a few morons doing stupid stuff like this. The world's definately changing and I havn't even lived much of my life yet! Not looking good for future generations. Scary stuff!
ford_gal_86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_gal_86
Such a shame as she was a pretty gal. Plastic cups seem like a better idea, but we shouldnt have to change them due to a few morons doing stupid stuff like this. The world's definately changing and I havn't even lived much of my life yet! Not looking good for future generations. Scary stuff!
Yeah I agree, its sad that the world is ruled by the actions of a small amount of people and their stupidity stuffs it up for all of us. Unfortunately they only receive a gentle slap on the wrist so there is no real consequence for the actions

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #4
Rob
Living the dream

I've been wounded in a pub because of a broken pint glass.

It was self inflicted, but thats not the point.

Plastic cups and cutlery FTW!
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
Shaggzy
"BMX_datto"

We recently got plastic cups at our local pub which iv started drinking at (im only 17) and beer doesnt taste the same comin outta plastic rather than glass
Shaggzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Plastic is better for more than one reason, my mrs stepped on a broken glass on the floor of a club a few years back and sliced her foot open good and proper. As for the glassings, you'd be suprised at how often they actually occur and you don't hear about it. This time we only heard about it because the girl was attractive (which really shouldn't matter, but does to the media) and the last I can think of that was reprted on was when an off duty female Police officer got glassed.

It is unfortunately a weekly occurence in pubs and clubs across the country.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yet another example of why beer is tinnies will always be the best. i love cracking an ice cold tinnie
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
yet another example of why beer is tinnies will always be the best. i love cracking an ice cold tinnie
Don't turn this into a tinnies VS stubbies debate because you my friend will NEVER win
Old 15-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
cuz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, not good stuff at all. Poor girl, I feel sorry for her.

I can still vividly recall standing next to one of my best mates when he got glassed in the throat at a club, by a lowlife who didn't like him.
Not a pretty sight I can tell you... But it wasn't a pretty sight after we 'dealt' with the lowlife a couple of weeks later either.
Old 15-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #10
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Don't turn this into a tinnies VS stubbies debate because you my friend will NEVER win
no competition for me. tinnies stack easier and if you drop one during the morning shower it doesnt shatter
Old 15-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #11
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

+1 for the ice cold tinnie....... :

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #12
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarrge2001
+1 for the ice cold tinnie....... :
Ice cold Stubbis are way better, I don't like metallic beer.

(yes I realise that this thread is now a tinnie vs stubbie debate)
Old 15-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
cuz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bring back steel cans, I say...
Old 15-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #14
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'll concede that the odd twist top (throw downs we call them - 250ml bottles) goes down well. mainly when the mrs is hassling you to leave and you convince her that you wont be long because your having a throwdown rather than an ice cold tinnie.
Old 15-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
The Monty
Just slidin'

It is sad, but it is a fairly common practice, Ive seen 3 people hit with glasses, and one with a bottle, he was cut from temple to the tip of his chin, Ive never seen so much blood from a human in my life.

To the other part, Ill vote Tinny, you can stack them, crush them, throwem round, have one in your pocket without it breaking, and Im having one now, what better reason. Beer does taste better out of glass though, but for sheer convenience, its a tinny for me.
Old 15-11-2007, 04:43 PM   #16
Duke
The Duke

My stepson nearly got into a blue with a few fellas at the nightclub last night. He told me he wanted to smash them - ( his maori background makes him quite capable of doing it too, he's a big bugger).
I warned him against it, in the 'old days' you could fight until someone was on the ground, if he didn't get up, you won.

These days, if you're on the ground and don't get up, they kick your guts in and try to kill you.... WTF?
Old 15-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #17
XR Van
2nd base mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347

have we ever set up a poll to settle this argument?
XR Van is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #18
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Van
No I don't think so, might be a good one.
Old 15-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #19
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Van
no need, glass would win by a mile :

as for the thread, toughened plastic cups instead? did they even think about that for half a second?
smash a plastic cup that is toughened and you got yourself a nice little weapon there too.
plastic can be damn sharp as well.
what ever happened to the dodgey plastic cups that you used to get at BBQ's for the kids to use with their soft drink?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #20
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about cardboard milkshake cups? :P The nineties ones too, with the different coloured/shaped triangles all over.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #21
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's very uncool, It is getting fairly bad.

I guy i know and his wife were targeted by 2 P*** heads looking for trouble the other Sunday, they must have been just plain stupid or on some expensive drugs, cause he is 6"3 130kg, Ex Parashoot infantry. I think the fight lasted around 10 seconds and the 2 aggressors were on the ground in allot of pain LMAO.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #22
xwgthoe

Nothin' new for damage to be done with glasses in a pub or similar venue but agree that they are one of the most dangerous articles in these scenarios...... have seen first hand the damage that can be inflicted with them when I used to work in pubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMX_datto
We recently got plastic cups at our local pub which iv started drinking at (im only 17) and beer doesnt taste the same comin outta plastic rather than glass
Mate it doesnt taste like beer because your not even old enough to be able to tell the difference :
xwgthoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #23
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

I'm 23 and used to go out 7 nights a week when I was 18 and 19. I've never been in one pub fight, sure the girl shouldn't have got glassed but its the attitude that some people take that get them into a fight.

My sister is a perfect example. Some girl accidentaly bumps into her on the dance floor and she will chuck the elbow in or push them back and this is how fights happen.

Sure you occasionaly get a completely innocent bystander attacked but thats very rare. Only ever seen it happen once and that was to me and a mate and we got out of there quick before it got serious.

Sure nobody should ever get glassed but maybe this girl should have a good hard look at herself and how she got into the fight in the first place.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #24
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
Yeah I agree, its sad that the world is ruled by the actions of a small amount of people and their stupidity stuffs it up for all of us. Unfortunately they only receive a gentle slap on the wrist so there is no real consequence for the actions
Sad but true. Guy I went to school with lost one of his eye's in a similar incident. The worst part was, the guy that did it was a repeat offender, from memory third guy he'd done it to, and no jail time for him. Where's the deterrent??

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #25
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went out last night and was just thinking.. Couldn't they make bottles out of a different glass? Like the safety glass stuff that just crumbles? Wouldn't stop someone hitting you with a full intact bottle, but there's be less dangerous shards, no?
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post