Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Anyone use Windows XP Media Center?

Hi guys, As you may have noticed i am trying to see who here uses media center as their desktop. I have decided to go legit and buy a proper version of windows however i noticed media center is usually cheaper than XP professional. Are they very different or essentially the same. I do not use my computer as a media player as such, but it is something i may look into in the future. Media center looks a bit more visually appealing to me as well. If that helps? As for Vista? maybe not just yet. I enjoy xp and am quite capable of finding my way around. Hence my reluctance to update just yet. Thanks for your time.

Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

I don't see much at all different, functions the same as ordinary XP,

During installation though, you might get problems, but just insert the windows XP (copied or not) in, so it can copy the ieexplorer.exe (or whatever the file name is) for some reason, no matter what I do media center is always missing a file when I install it.

got my copy free (legit) off a mate, though I think i'll have to buy myself XP 64bit for my 64bit computer, vista sucks!
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #3
XR8GRL