Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

Lightbulb A Guide To Road Safety

This is probably one of the most Road Safety Conscious car related forums I have come across.

A lot of people here know what they are talking about and a lot feel passionately about
road safety.

There is also an element of criticism towards the law makers, upholders of the law and the
likes of media or organisations that push their agenda, what ever that may be.

I would also say pretty much every (important) aspect of road safety has been covered here in one thread or another.

In some threads there seems to be genuine concerns about saving lives on our bloody streets, but no one
really knows how to save lives.

I have noticed some threads cover Driving Courses in them, whether it be defensive or advanced and I am
sensing there is some merit in doing some kind of driving course.

It looks like Driving Courses are about attitude as much as driving skill.

*On the premise that Driving Courses can actually help save lives or injuries on our roads, I propose the following...

1. That we get a sticky thread out of it.
2. Theory taken from a Driving Course (less the plagiarism) like a top 10 tips to help with your driving or similar.
3. A listing of relevant Driving Courses in all states and territories.
4. Any instructors out there to assist with this thread by actually providing some useful life saving info.
5. Perhaps some video footage of driving scenarios and how to deal with them.

We need the AFF head honchos to get this started, because I believe it would be remiss of AFF not to have something like
this given the nature of this forum and the amount of people it reaches, one way or another.
It would be along the same lines as all the charities you guys support by various means and for a car forum like this
to show this kind responsibility and community spirit (being family oriented) would put AFF into a class all of their own.
And I do mean CLASS!

This thread should be like the title suggests "A Guide To Road Safety" and that relevent and where possible proven information
is disseminated to help improve our attitudes and to put into practice that which we learn here.

After all, we are all here to enjoy our rides, but we can't do it if we are dead or injured.

Who's with me on this?

*my personal view is different and at the same time irrelevant!

ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
WMD351
Size it up

A list of what courses are available where and for how much certainly couldn't hurt.
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

wouldn`t be a bad idea.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

Ok I will let this thread die a slow death but before I leave it, i just wanna say....

Reading some of the diverse threads in here and with some expert opinions specifically related to road trauma, I have to thank geckoGT for opening my eyes to a touch of reality through his occupation. Thanks mate!

After reading some threads myself it's amazing to think, that everytime I hop in my ride and go for a spin I am aware of some of the things mentioned in these here forums and where possible drive accordingly.

Even Full Noises thread with video clips of some drivers on the road is right on the money... http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11314324

Essentially what I am saying and whether I like it or not the threads off this site has made me a more aware of my own strengths and weaknesses and that of others in relation to driving.

That is why I started the thread. Sites like these automatically raise awareness.

Done!

Cheers!
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #5
FgNewbie
Australia

I didn't notice this thread before now.

Definitely like the general concept and for AFF to be seen as supporting / sponsoring safer driving has to be a good thing.

If related companies were invited to become site sponsors, they may even provide some of their (if they have any) basic printouts that could be hosted as pdfs.
FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post