Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 16-03-2011, 03:44 AM   #1
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default Titles appearing in posts.

I've noticed tonight for the first time that when replying in a thread, the thread title comes up in every post now...also a "redirect" box shows after the reply when using the back button.
Wasn't there this time last night, is this something to do with the new server thingy?

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...71#post6891271

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 03:46 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Titles appearing in posts.

Looks like a part of the new upgrade ... along with different font Donating Member additions. And a few little other things when Searching as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The title in reply is now a default setting - the redirect box is optional and we may turn it off if it becomes annoying. There will be other minor changes as we refine things on the new platforms.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Thanks Russ...not a fan of the redirect thingy.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...71#post6891271

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Redirect page is a good thing IMO, at least you know you've posted when you have a dodgy wireless connection
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Redirect and Titles appearing in Posts

I find the redirect thing a little annoying but can see why it would come in handy for users on a slower connection.

I changed the title...just to see if I could. Going on the fact that you can, I suppose that means you can remove it too
Old 16-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

the re-direct box does become annoying, had it on other forums.

however i must say a big thanks russ for removing the 'new post' bold on a thread where i have just replied on myself. Takes a lot of clicking out of my forum hopping. Cheers!

The servers seem to be a lot quicker, and yes i've noticed all the little things. One question though, what's with the green 'thumbs up' icon on some posts? i see no way of triggering this.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Can you not see the Add Thanks button in the right hand top corner of every post Prof? Just asking
Old 16-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Can you not see the Add Thanks button in the right hand top corner of every post Prof? Just asking
no, i don't have that button, all i have is the mod control options.
Old 16-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

You should see a little box like in the image below:
Attached Images
File Type: gif addthanks.gif (12.6 KB, 61 views)

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 16-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #11
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
You should see a little box like in the image below:
see attached.. it's the same in firefox and IE. I only installed IE today too so it's not cookies/cache etc. I still just have the post #number in the corner, no trace of a 'give thanks' button.

edit: deleted all cache/cookies/forms/etc, made no difference
Attached Images
File Type: jpg no button.jpg (114.5 KB, 57 views)
Old 16-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #12
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Should be fixed now - I had left a user group out of the list.

Cheers
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
see attached.. it's the same in firefox and IE. I only installed IE today too so it's not cookies/cache etc. I still just have the post #number in the corner, no trace of a 'give thanks' button.

edit: deleted all cache/cookies/forms/etc, made no difference

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 16-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #13
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

now we're cookin'
Old 16-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #14
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just on the thanks option Is it working rite if I can remove thanks from other peoples postings that has been given by some one else or does it still Log to the intendeds user CP regardless ?

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #15
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Just on the thanks option Is it working rite if I can remove thanks from other peoples postings that has been given by some one else or does it still Log to the intendeds user CP regardless ?
Yeah, that's how it currently is for everyone.
I think russellw said it isn't tracked (at the moment), it just came with the recent update.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #16
nstg8a

ohhhh, it says titles appearing in posts... so not what i first thought when i read it. explains the lack of , umm, pictures.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post