Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
schultzie
Just Images

Default I Do not recomend this company...

As Most people on here would know i have been building a Fg xr8 ute up as a show car. Even more people would know just how many issues i have had with the build and the car... from it constantly getting damaged to the work that has been paid for to do not being done to my satisfaction.

So this brings me to now, If any of you as looking at air suspension for your car i would not recommend http://www.tubularsuspensionsystems.com/

Through Dw Customs who have built most of the car they order a kit to suit an fg through him... the upper control arms fowl on the air bags, Dw sort that out. during this they went under but Chad said he would finish the car. upon sorting out many other issues with the kit, the stuts were to short at full lift. Couldn't even get the front rims out of the guards.

Send the struts back and they come back too long... so chad fixes that... the strut tops hit the radiator header tank so spacers are custom made.... and now the nail in the coffin THE BAGS LEAK!!!!! this has been going on since september 2010...

So take it from me as extreme caution stay away from TSS

im sorry if this is not aloud or if i get in trouble for it but i am over it.... All i want is my Car back Finished...

Old 08-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I Do not recomend this company...

Thanks for the heads up .
Its a bit rough 7 months would definitely getting on my nerves
Old 08-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
MexicanBatman
Banned

Yeah same deal with my soarer kit, it was direct bolt in, but the bags were too big and rubbed on the strut towers and eventually holed, and the rear was higher than stock, but I had it sorted, but people tend to stay away from his stuff, but it is attractive to people when they see bolt in kits etc... But those who now know go elsewhere.

I hope the ute is going strong soon! Are you getting it engineered too?
Old 08-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
schultzie
Just Images

Yep 100% legal mate was booked in to the engineer for Friday night so I could go to the drags on Saturday, not happy
Old 08-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats bad luck mate, hope its all sorted soon.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of the main things I've learnt in my 17 years is if you want something done right, do it yourself.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
AD07

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheek
One of the main things I've learnt in my 17 years is if you want something done right, do it yourself.
Well, um......not everyone can or wants to do mods themself.
Hence the reason they decide to pay someone for the work they cant, or dont want to do...
Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Sorry to hear you are still having issues Justin. :(

Any word on when they think you will get it back?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Thanks for the heads up...
Old 09-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #10
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the heads up. Lucky for me they aren't anywhere near where I live!

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #11
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD07
Well, um......not everyone can or wants to do mods themself.
Hence the reason they decide to pay someone for the work they cant, or dont want to do...
If I had the tools and time I would do everything myself.

The professional attitude in this country is pathetic. There is no customer service and the "She'll be right mate" approach to jobs a customer has paid for really bad.
Of coarse there are guys out there that go 110% for the customer but its pretty rare. I know to prepare myself for any service I have to pay for knowing something will be done wrong, not as planned, bodged, from restaurants, Automotive, Trades, even mail order out of this country.

Naming and shaming is a good thing, Hope the OP gets it all sorted soon.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

Old 09-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #12
schultzie
Just Images

I built my last car and when it burnt to to ground due to a faulty dual battery solarnoid the issues I had with the insurance companies were enormous. Also it pays to get work done by a shop that knows all the rules and regs, so that engineering can be done easier. And to that it is time consuming, this build was meant to be simple.

Even though his buisness went under Chad has gone all out to finish this car, it is such a shame that some one else's issues have caused us both all this grief.

I don't live near tss either but his gear gets posted all over Australia...

I hope the op comes on this forum and sees it! I nearly added him to face book just to let him see my status....
Old 09-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
Wise
DWF00N

Is this the same bloke that had the VE maloo and a stall at powercruise at eastern creek this year?

Business based up near berowra or something near there?

Now for sale - 30k
Old 09-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
JG65TE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bad news mate, I know of 3 shops worth their salt, thats an exhaust shop, an auo elec and a dyno place. Absolutely everyone else is out to do you over.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
LTDHO
The one and only

This is why I do the work myself. Then I have no one to blame for mistakes.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 09-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #16
R1XSTA
Silky Smoothe

Thats unreal to hear. Unfortunate too. But atleast in the long run they are sticking around with you to get it sorted instead of keeping with the "she'll be right" and letting you sort it out elsewhere.

It could always be worse.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #17
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you ever want advice and tips on airbag suspension check out Bagged magazine and call up some of their sponsors. There is usually tech articles and whatnot about it as well. It's a minitrucking magazine but the minitruckers go nuts over their suspension setups doing full tube frame fab jobs etc..
Old 09-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #18
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

i know youre ****ed off and say you dont care that you might "get in trouble"..

But this kind of topic isnt just going to get the thread deleted, it could land you in court on defamation charges.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #19
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

It's not defamation if he can prove what he is saying is true.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #20
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

three of these things have to have happened:

That the words were capable of a defamatory meaning as understood by ordinary members of society..." loss of buisness, check.

That the words identify him as the person defamed. company name listed, check

That the words or pictures have been published, that is heard or seen by a third person. public forum, check.

If you wish to try and argue the truth in a civil court, thats your entitlement. hardly worth the risk of failing though.

(for what its worth, i totally agree with naming and shaming. But the law works in mysterious ways sometimes and i have actually seen someone sued on another car forums for a very similar topic).
Old 09-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #21
schultzie
Just Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT

That the words were capable of a defamatory meaning as understood by ordinary members of society..." loss of buisness, check.

That the words or pictures have been published, that is heard or seen by a third person. public forum, check.

If you wish to try and argue the truth in a civil court, thats your entitlement. hardly worth the risk of failing though.

(for what its worth, i totally agree with naming and shaming. But the law works in mysterious ways sometimes and i have actually seen someone sued on another car forums for a very similar topic).

While i Do agree with what you are saying but i also was suggesting that i would not recommend his product, i have not said do not purchase any thing from him personally my experience with him and his poor service can actually go all the way back to when i had my bf xr8 ute... i ordered the struts with 4 weeks for him to sort it all out and after many calls confirming they would be right the day comes for when the car is booked in and nope nothing there...

... it burnt to the ground 5 days later :(

Dut is the place to be that is where all the mini truckers hang out also including all the boys that contribute to Bagged. Im a stalker on that forum lots of good info and even better fabrication work my build has also stirred a lot of interest on that forum.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #22
schultzie
Just Images

I just want to add that the B-series kit tss does with the Dw customs upper control arms works a treat and with a bit of help the car will sit on the ground...
Old 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #23
MexicanBatman
Banned

i seem to recall, james is a f@g is the most common description

i was on dut since the old days old forum, im still on there but rarley get on, to many kids and their crap truck diluting what was a great forum with excellent fabrication
Old 09-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #24
schultzie
Just Images

what is more sad about mini trucking is all the people that spend tens of thousands of dollars on a 2-5k truck and then drag it along the ground,

or the ones that sell all their gear at a loss just so they can get it back on the road as they don't have a car..

The ones that are not engineered also are not doing the scene any favors... at the 2nd last fountain gate meet a heap of cops turned up left all of us alone after a minute and then went after a mini stuck... and well he left with a yellow sticker.

it pays to keep it legal and not be a tool
Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #25
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

I'd never heard of TSS, but just from the look of their website I wouldn't go near them.

Hope it all gets sorted out for you soon mate.

I've had both my cars done at CVE Performance, with parts supplied directly from the USA and some through Air Ride.

I tried to deal with DW when I wanted my ute done, but I found Chad to be less than professional. He never showed any interest and didn't ring back many times when he said he would. I don't know if he didn't think I was serious or if he wasn't interested in doing it, so I just didn't get a good vibe from them.

I was a little disappointed to hear he went to Air Ride after DW went under. Hope he doesn't stuff things up there too, I'd hate to see them follow DW.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #26
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultzie
I just want to add that the B-series kit tss does with the Dw customs upper control arms works a treat and with a bit of help the car will sit on the ground...
dont suppos you have a link to the b-series kit? wouldnt mind getting my car bagged
Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #27
schultzie
Just Images

Talk to pearly if u want a trouble free and cheaper kit,

Pearly, he had lots of tire kickers, hence his status of not replying. I do however agree with your sediments. But due to him sticking it out he has more than earnt my respect.

Not sure how much Chad is doing at air ride,
Old 10-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #28
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
Defamation comes up so offen on forum boards, it's almost like everyone has been disapointed or ripped by a business in their lives. Here is a place to vent.

I'd HatE to say the RepaireR whO wasteD my money.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 10-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #29
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
It's not defamation if he can prove what he is saying is true.
100% correct.... its like posting up pictures of people who steal petrol from a servo complete with the cars number plate. Its not defamation, because its true.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 10-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #30
68mustang
Starter Motor

thanks for the heads up
Closed Thread