Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-02-2024, 08:08 PM   #6
chinamonty

Default Re: power window switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
My driver switch was playing up, unresponsive sometimes, then responsive again.

On a hunch, I removed all the pins from the connector socket, sprayed them with electronics parts cleaner, put them back in (make sure you remember which pin goes where!!...taking a photo helps), and the problem was fixed.

If you suspect its the switch itself, you can get them from ebay for like under $20. I've had 2 cheapies from ebay and they work fine.

Forget trying to open them up and clean the inside....I tried that once and all these little pieces fell on my lap, and I had no idea how to put them all back. :P

If you know what you are doing, you could try put them back. I couldn't get the buttons to click up or down no matter how I put them back!

Its not hard to put them in place. they pivot on the H brass part that sticks up from the pcb. The ends then have to touch the round silver pads so that gives you the orientation.
chinamonty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: