Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
falcon351
HANK

Default Keypad came with my car

When i purchased my car several months ago it came with a remote keypad. The guy told me it didnt work so i didnt bother with it and moved on. i figured it was an after market accessory and that to fix it would be impossible, however, on one of my countless ebay sessions i found this little item! http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=230080166247
that is identical to mine and the owner claims that it is factory fitted. can anyone tell me how i could program that remote to my car, if it is actually a factory item, and if it is just to set the alarm/immobiliser or if it is a keyless entry mechanism?
any help very greatly appreciated, thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg EB-ED keypad.jpg (4.2 KB, 56 views)
Shift kit!
Tinted windows n tail lights.
Pioneer 200w flip face head unit
600w pioneer sub backed by my nu 640W kenwood 4 way amp
Eclipse 6x9s and 6's
Clear front and side indicators
115 rwkw on regular, not bad for pod, catbak!

Back on the rd! nothing can stop us, not a defect or even a stoby pole!! BAHAHA NEVER SAY DIE!!!
falcon351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #2
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

sorry mate but thats an aftermarket keypad, not from factory
Old 22-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #3
efgiar
rofl copter

u maybe able to tune it in, best bet is to buy it and take it to an auto elec and they can play with the frequency, some auto elecs dont do it but some do, our work does it.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #4
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah it's not a factory keypad, it's a Vision remote. They are about 10 years old. It's a fixed code remote so you can program a universal remote to it but the original remote has to be working so the universal one can copy the code.

You can try and get it working again.......Firstly try some new batteries in it (they use two flat round batteries stacked on top of one another), if the red light shows up when you press the button then that is a good sign! On the circuit board there will be a very small 'trim pot' with a cross on top similar to a phillips head screw. Use a very small screwdriver to slowly turn this trim pot while pressing the big button AT THE SAME TIME. Stop turning it when the alarm activates. This is how you tune them in. If you have a hard time, give me a call, numbers in my sig and i'll help you over the phone.

edit: I forgot to add you can't get these remotes anymore from Vision, you can only try to program a universal one to it.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #5
daz82
In the family since 1996

as sphell said its a vision remote, but it was a factory option.
daz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
DJ1979
and then some

my mates TX-5 came with a "Ford" alarmand the remote looks identical
DJ1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz82
as sphell said its a vision remote, but it was a factory option.

yep, Ford alarm that's made by Vision. They are in Tullamarine. Their number is 03 93352411
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #8
falcon351
HANK

ye my uncles prado has exact same remote but woodgrain look and a small toyota logo. i will try tuning it. thanks for the help 2!
Shift kit!
Tinted windows n tail lights.
Pioneer 200w flip face head unit
600w pioneer sub backed by my nu 640W kenwood 4 way amp
Eclipse 6x9s and 6's
Clear front and side indicators
115 rwkw on regular, not bad for pod, catbak!

Back on the rd! nothing can stop us, not a defect or even a stoby pole!! BAHAHA NEVER SAY DIE!!!
falcon351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post