Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
Joe FORD
Starter Motor

Default G6E Vibration.

I have a DEC 2011 Upgrade G6E .It must have been one of the first of the upgrades delivered. Now done 52000 KMS and has been a great car so far with one small exception.

Since brand new there has been either a slight vibration or rattle in drive whilst stopped at traffic lights etc. It gets worse when the Air con kicks in.

Have had the car Back many times to the Outer Eastern subs Melb Dealer and they firstly said it was me that there was nothing wrong and they could find no noise.Finally they admitted that they had heard the noise i was complaining about.Then last time they said Fly WHEEL may be out of balance may be out of balance. Believe me this is what they said. Then just last week (8 weeks from end of warranty THEY NOW WANT TO REFER THIS TO A FORD TECH . and they admitted " we have had a few like this" I t has taken nearly 3 years

However another kicker is their quote"it may takes weeks to get them out"

Anyone else had a similar problem ??? Any suggestions.

Joe FORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 02:47 AM   #2
ljf12

Default Re: G6E Vibration.

Check the engine cooling fans, might cause extra vibration due to imbalance when a/c is on etc. Mine were replaced under warranty, still noticeable but nowhere near as bad as the original assy.
ljf12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
Joe FORD
Starter Motor

Thanks for the tip much appreciated.
Joe FORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any more info as in if you get it out of D when stopped it will stop the rattle; are you sure it's not a loose screw near the front as in mudflaps if you have them, or the undertray attachment or fog light insert? I only get vibration in bits of the dash area at times or even the sun visors (are the screws tight?).
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2012 model here, the vibration is evident in mine sporadically too. Ford service dont know what it is. They thought is was the cam sensor on mine and reset it but to no avail. I've learnt to live with it along with the other quirks like the hiss from the audio, the random audio off and fan going to demist occasionally after starting the car.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post