Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
Paddyboy

Default DEV-3hl kit plus more

Hey guys
i own an el XR6 manual and i want more power out of it.
right now i have genie extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust.
im interested in your dev-3hl kit. I noticed there is a big price difference from dev-3hl to your dev-4 kit, i know its because of the heads and labour.
i have a budget of about 3500 and the dev3hl would cost me about 2000 coz i already have the extractors and exhaust so my question is what else can you do on top the dev3hl to get more power out my beast?
Paddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

I was thinking something similar so I might piggyback on your thread Paddyboy.

Can someone from JMM tell me how much performance I'd expect to get out of an AU XR6 (standard) with the DEV 3HL as well as a Unichip?
Old 11-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Question

Quick answer for you is 145-150rwkw. But what does that mean not a lot on its own. Is your car a manual or auto, what mods have you done so far, what do you want to build the engine up ? street performance? Drag strip?
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

I was looking from stock. Anyway I have given the boys at JMM a call and they said that for an XR6 the onboard ECU is so capable a Unichip won't provide enough benefit for the money anyway. Saves me a good $1400
Old 15-05-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Well Axle f I am not so sure myself.

Sure the Unichip cost a lot of money to buy fit an tune but it may be worthwhile still and I will let you know as I have one now and will soon get it tuned.

In rough numbers though i did my exhasut system for $1100 and got an extra 10rwkw, I did the JMM dev3HL cam $1000 (fitted myself) and got an extra 20rwkw and now the unichip well lets say another $1100 and I hope to get an extra 10rwkw from that so thats the sort of rough guide i would give you on cost and benefit of the mods I have done or are completing.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 08:11 PM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
I was looking from stock. Anyway I have given the boys at JMM a call and they said that for an XR6 the onboard ECU is so capable a Unichip won't provide enough benefit for the money anyway. Saves me a good $1400
Hmm. I wouldn't drive an unchipped/edited car again. Def worth the money. I managed a 14.68 in the AU with this combo. I'm unsure how an E-series car would go however.

With the chip, exhuast, extractors I managed to get 146rwkw outta my car. That's equal what the dev3-hl should give you plus may be more insurance friendly than the cam mod.

However....being that this is the JMM sponsor section, I still think you'd get good value out of one of their kits. I myself have one of their cams (dev5)and am quite happy.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #7
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

I just bought me an VCT XR6 today and it's gone straight to Jim for for a DEV3+. So yes the Chip is going in :evilsasmo
Old 08-06-2005, 06:35 PM   #8
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Axle-F how do you find the results?
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post