Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post QLD Auto Museum Closing Down..Auction

"A LIFETIME collection of classic and vintage cars, motorbikes, boats and auto-related memorabilia is going to auction just outside Toowoomba.

The auction will see items owned by the Queensland Auto Museum located just outside Toowoomba at Hampton sold off on September 24.

It will feature many classic and vintage cars, including 1927 T-model Fords, a 1928 Chevrolet convertible, a 1974 Holden HQ Sandman and a 1984 Holden VK Commodore.

The auction also includes a Flightcraft Phantom speed boat, rare tractors and machinery, and auto memorabilia such as fuel pumps, traffic lights and advertising signs.

The Queensland Auto Museum announced in April that it had "regrettably" been forced to close down.

The auction is currently running online at lloydsonline.com.au and at the auto museum on Saturday, September 24 from 2pm.

Potential buyers can view the collection on September 17, 18 and 23 from 9am - 4pm."
http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au...on/3089015/#/0
Old 15-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
Bolly47
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: QLD Auto Museum Closing Down..Auction

[QUOTE=csv8;5767789]"A LIFETIME collection of classic and vintage cars, motorbikes, boats and auto-related memorabilia is going to auction just outside Toowoomba.

The auction will see items owned by the Queensland Auto Museum located just outside Toowoomba at Hampton sold off on September 24.

The Queensland Auto Museum announced in April that it had "regrettably" been forced to close down

Bloody hell I live not far from Hampton for many years and had no ideas there was Queensland Auto Museum was site at Hampton so l have miss out
Bolly47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not that far from there either and been through the place dozens of times.
I'd seen the old sign but never really thought any more about it.
Might have to go quickly for a look.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2016, 03:16 PM   #4
Bolly47
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
I'm not that far from there either and been through the place dozens of times.
I'd seen the old sign but never really thought any more about it.
Might have to go quickly for a look.
Yes what a shame no no no no support from any Queensland Tourist Agent as QLD still backward state
Bolly47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #5
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

:( A mate went and saw this earlier in the year. Shame to see it close, I was hoping to have a look on my next holidays..

Ed