Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down Idiots on the road

I've had 2 incidents in the last week or so that really annoy me.
The first was when I was driving along in the right lane and a P-Plater in an older BMW is on my left and a little behind. I'm maintaining a safe gap to the car in front of me. Now I am in the right lane because I know someone parks their car on the road - the only car on that stretch - which is a stupid thing to do on an arterial road and when it gets cleaned up by a truck I'll be happy. Anyway, Beemer driver sees the parked car and speeds up. I don't want him to chop into my gap between me and the car in front, so I get closer to shut him out. My lane's not blocked and he has to give way to me. This doesn't stop Beemer driver who just continues driving and cuts into my lane with no indicators barely 2 feet in front of me. I filled his mirrors with high beams and this is the bit that annoys me the most. He starts pointing at the parked car as if to say that because he had a parked car to get around, that gave him every right to cut me off. I pulled up alongside and gestured to the indicator stalk, then pulled in behind him (if I wanted to get him I would have cut in front of him as well) as I had to turn left. I also realised that there was a limit to how much I could communicate with gestures from a moving car and was willing to continue on my way. He then used his indicator to signal a left turn and I gave him a thumb up as if to say "Yes, that's how you use your indicators." Considering he is a P-Plater, he should be more aware of the road rules as he sat his test more recently. I would have liked to have a (non-violent) discussion into why I think his driving sucks.

If I had been in his situation, I would have firstly thought, I have to change lanes and looked around for options. Then I would indicate and if a car was travelling alongside me, I would slow down and drop in behind that car if safe to do so. I wouldn't speed up and cut into a gap that doesn't exist. There are alot of people out there now that see a 2 car length gap and think they can put their car in it at 60km/h. This is why I tried to shut him out. One day a driver like that will do that sort of thing and another car in front will slam on the brakes for whatever reason and this person will slam into the back of that car and the car behind him will slam into him as there is no safety margin. It will be the lane cutter's fault and that person will have to pay for 3 car's repairs.

The second idiot I had to deal with just yesterday was on a road that goes from 2 lanes to 1 about 200m from the lights. The left lane becomes parking spaces. Now I passed this Camry while it was still 2 lanes and I was then behind another car. Again, as I know the road I chose my lane. I was completely in front for a few seconds and this guy in a Camry, upon seeing the "form 1 lane" sign decides to speed up and pass me. He's barely alongside me when he has run out of lane. At this point I hit the horn as I could see he intended to cut me off. This guy has continued driving in what is no longer a lane, and I've held my ground, looked across at him and shook my head. He eventually dropped in behind me some 200 metres after his lane ended.

I am aware that the car in front has right of way in zip merging where one lane ends and merges into another, but what I really hate is people who speed up from behind and overtake while their lane rapidly narrows and cut into gaps that barely accommodate their car. This law I'm sure did not have this type of behaviour in mind when they came up with the driver in front has right of way.

Some of you may think I should just concede and it will all be easier. My thoughts on that are if you keep giving in to people like this, they will keep on doing it. This extends alot further than driving (criminal acts etc) but that's another story.

I'm not a person who shuts everyone out when driving - another occasion a couple of days later with a truck approaching the parked car, and he was in front and hadn't even begun changing lanes or indicating - I waved him across. If people approach certain driving tasks the right way, I'll accommodate those people. People that do it in a way that says "Screw you and everyone else" don't tend to get much co-operation from me. I don't like people cutting in front of me - hey I'm running late for work too, yet I don't go about cutting people off. I know where I need to be on my daily commute and prepare which lane I'm in early and stay put.
You can tell which drivers are lost and need to change lanes from the lane hoppers who do it to get that extra 2 cars ahead in peak hour traffic. Some of them just indicate long enough for the indicator to flash once and then cut in front of you and then wonder why you are annoyed at them.

Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
Reggie666
Starter Motor

Sounds like you need to go to a happy place and chill out man.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
Force6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie666
Or use the internet for what it's there fore: anonymous ranting :evil3:
Old 03-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #4
pistonbroken

Why not let them in?In both cases you have seen them coming.Yet,it is anoying.But you may be asking for trouble.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #5
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Classic cases of drivers not looking or thinking ahead.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonbroken
Why not let them in?In both cases you have seen them coming.Yet,it is anoying.But you may be asking for trouble.
Why can't they just do the right thing? As I said in my previous post, giving in to such behaviour merely perpetuates their bad behaviour. What sort of idiot tries to overtake when there is no lane? Oh wait - that's right a CAMRY driver

Every morning I watch and see the people that drive properly and those who take whatever means necessary right or wrong to get to the front of the traffic queue. I see people flood into the service roads so they don't have to wait 5 mins in the queue on Princes Hwy Springvale. Personally, I see every car in front of me as an obstacle between me and my destination. That frustrates me mildly. But I don't screw them over to get ahead and at the same time I don't want others to screw me over. I hold my ground and feel I shouldn't be criticised for that.

I won't hold my ground to the point where a collision will occur to make a point. Having my car off the road for a week for repairs won't make me feel better even if the other guy has to pay for it. But neither should I compromise my safety by letting others put their vehicles where they are a danger to myself and others. At the very least I make it hard for them in order to communicate they are going about it the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie666
There's a traffic jam on the road to it with people cutting each other off to get there quicker, so I turned back. Looks like anonymous ranting on the internet it is for me.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Old 03-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #7
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgs351
Classic cases of drivers not looking or thinking ahead.
I wish it was only that
Not bad for a #2 driver
Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #8
Nashy86

In the same situations I would have let them in, just because I don't want the trouble of them hitting me etc. but I can see where you're coming from, its stupid and dangerous for EVERYONE on the road, not just themselves.
I've sometimes found that people pull alongside me to do that (often P Platers) and I can tell when they have seen the P in my window, its quite amusing, some assume I will speed up to cut them off, others see it and think that maybe they should not challenge me. Will be interesting when I get off my P's at the end of this month to see how much this changes
Written off whilst parked!

FG Mk II XR6T
Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto,, Dark Tint
Awesome toy for Grown Ups!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #9
prydey
Rob

i think you are among the ones i call idiots on the road. in the first instance, why, when you knew the bmw driver would have to move over, did you speed up to block him. inconsiderate people really annoy me. you have as much right to be on the road as he does. traffic would flow a lot better if people showed the same sort of courtesy they would like from others.

in the second instance, two lanes should try to maintain speed and merge accordingly, not slot in behind someone as they were behind them before. its not a race. does it matter if you were in front and now you are not.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #10
XHUTE6
Bugger! 1390mm too long!!

Pauljh74, More drivers need to have your sensibility..
Old 03-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #11
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My favourite is people who in a duel lain round about decide they wish to go from the rite lane to the left upon exiting and just slid into your lane without warning, My new T has almost been smashed up a few times due to these idiots.

Got my own back when a commodore driver tried it wile i was in my 4BY one day, The Commodore lost the fight LMAO. the best bit was when he tyred to claim I cut him off.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #12
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Some of you may think I should just concede and it will all be easier. My thoughts on that are if you keep giving in to people like this, they will keep on doing it. This extends alot further than driving (criminal acts etc) but that's another story.
You'll probably find most people think you should just concede.

Do you believe that giving either of these guys hand gestures is going to make them realise they have to improve their driving? Hell no, they're probably on another forum having a go at you for your driving.

Had you conceded, would it have cost you any additional time to get to your destination? Maybe a second or two, maybe you might have got caught at a light while they blissfully cruised through it so a minute or two. Both incidents could well have ended up as a collision and I daresay if you don't concede, one day it probably will.

Also consider the fact that you don't know who's in the car beside you, what state of mind they're in and what they're carrying in their glovebox. So take a deep breath, no need to try and stop someone from merging into your lane by tailgating the car infront of you and no need to shut the door on someone who wants to zip up the inside. I found I got to my destination in a much better frame of mind when I stopped caring if someone was 'pushing in' instead of stewing about it and reducing my concentration on the road.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #13
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i think you are among the ones i call idiots on the road. in the first instance, why, when you knew the bmw driver would have to move over, did you speed up to block him. inconsiderate people really annoy me. you have as much right to be on the road as he does. traffic would flow a lot better if people showed the same sort of courtesy they would like from others.

in the second instance, two lanes should try to maintain speed and merge accordingly, not slot in behind someone as they were behind them before. its not a race. does it matter if you were in front and now you are not.

My thoughts exactly.

And also, the purpose of flashing, then pulling up beside him on the left and gesturing him? You flashed him, which i'm pretty sure is riding the fine line of being legal, and what did you achieve by gesturing to him and taking things to tht next interactive level? If it was america, people get shot for less.

You were totally aware of what was ahead and where he was going to have to go, you ended up beside the guy when it was all over anyway, didnt get any further of arrive any faster. If you had have slowed 3 - 5 kph for a few seconds and allowed him to merge you would have been the better man, but reduced yourself to his standard of driving.

I know what you're getting at, but driving is becoming more of a dog eat dog sh!^ fight every day, and this kind of stuff is no different to the start of some other more serious incidents. What if you both pushed hard, and he didnt get in front of you and hit the parked car, or you, is it worth it?

Know where you're coming from, and in the heat of the moment it was probably just as frustrating for him as you, all happens pretty fast, and sometimes once you commit to a certain maneouver while driving, you're concentrating on pulling it off and not on a bail out or plan b. No indicator is a tad arrogant though
Old 03-06-2007, 11:57 PM   #14
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey

Beemer boy was next to and behind me and should have gone in behind me. Why couldn't HE have done the right thing rather than ME having to bend over backwards to let him do as he likes? Instead, he sped up and just drove in front of me - no indication and certainly not changing lanes when safe to do so. As I said, he has to give way to me. I had perhaps 3 car lengths to the car in front, and decreased it to 2. Either way, there was no safe gap for the Beemer driver and he should never have tried to do the overtake/cut in double in the first place. As I said, if people approach certain manoevres the right way, I will accommodate them. If they want to be a smartass, they get nothing. Why should I reward bad/dangerous behaviour? If he was already further ahead and indicated and waited for a gap, which would give me time to create a gap, I would most likely have let him in.

In the second instance, we had already past the point where merging should have taken place and this guy then decided to overtake me. I was in the continuing lane and ahead. There's no grey area here, I was holding a consistent speed, matching the car in front, he sped up to attempt an illegal and stupid overtaking manoevre.

I can accept that I see things differently to others. If you want to get shafted by others and take it - fine. Doesn't mean I will. I generally treat others fairly - but that doesn't mean I have to take their crap on the road.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #15
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Beemer boy was next to and behind me and should have gone in behind me. Why couldn't HE have done the right thing rather than ME having to bend over backwards to let him do as he likes? Instead, he sped up and just drove in front of me - no indication and certainly not changing lanes when safe to do so. As I said, he has to give way to me. I had perhaps 3 car lengths to the car in front, and decreased it to 2. Either way, there was no safe gap for the Beemer driver and he should never have tried to do the overtake/cut in double in the first place. As I said, if people approach certain manoevres the right way, I will accommodate them. If they want to be a smartass, they get nothing. Why should I reward bad/dangerous behaviour? If he was already further ahead and indicated and waited for a gap, which would give me time to create a gap, I would most likely have let him in.

In the second instance, we had already past the point where merging should have taken place and this guy then decided to overtake me. I was in the continuing lane and ahead. There's no grey area here, I was holding a consistent speed, matching the car in front, he sped up to attempt an illegal and stupid overtaking manoevre.

I can accept that I see things differently to others. If you want to get shafted by others and take it - fine. Doesn't mean I will. I generally treat others fairly - but that doesn't mean I have to take their crap on the road.
Just the kind of pig headed "i dont have the problem, everyone else does" attitude that causes accidents. If you want to feel what its like to go through that same scenario, dozens of times a day, come for a drive in the truck. If i had that attitude i'd have a dozen cars attached to my front bar by the time i got down the monash or frankston fwy or over the westgate every day.
There are more di(K heads on the road than you'll ever defeat by flashing your lights and blocking lanes, and if blocking lanes is a habit of yours, weather you're in the wrong or the right, you'll do it to the wrong person 1 day.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:40 AM   #16
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
What if you both pushed hard, and he didnt get in front of you and hit the parked car, or you, is it worth it?
If he hit the parked car, he might think twice before trying that again. Lesson learned, behaviour modified = mission accomplished. He still had room for plan B - stop - anyway
The more people get away with doing the wrong thing, the more they do it. That's why we all witness more and more crazy acts every day. No-one stops them - they keep doing it. Now it seems more and more people have this belief they are entitled to do these things. If I realised I had cut it too fine and done the wrong thing, I would signal an apology - not fling it back at the person I wronged. That's what bothers me the most.

Someone wrote into the paper that when he was taught to drive in the 60's, he was told that if your driving causes people to slow down or swerve to avoid you, you've done it wrong. Some people drive purely with the intent to cause others to slow down/swerve to avoid them it seems.

You write that would it have cost me much to let him in? Well would it have cost the other guy much time to not cut me off? I just cannot fathom how so many of you here defend the people who haven't just made a poor judgement, but have showed no courtesy to other road users while committing illegal and dangerous acts.

As I mentioned, if you let someone squeeze into your safety margin and the car further ahead hits the brakes, 3 cars minimum are likely to be in a prang. By squeezing out or at least trying to (some people won't take a hint), I would maintain at least a 2 car length gap, not have half a car length between the 2 cars in front and another half car length back to me. Yes, I would back off over the next few seconds, but that may be too late. If that's pig headed, so be it, but it's safer than letting people cut you off.

Yes, there are lots of idiots out there and the more they are allowed to get away with it, the more they do it. So pat yourselves on the back, you're all helping them proliferate. Also, I take it by some of the comments in this thread by not allowing someone to do the wrong thing by me and coming across the wrong person, I deserve to be harmed?
Not bad for a #2 driver
Old 04-06-2007, 12:53 AM   #17
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If he hit the parked car, he might think twice before trying that again. Lesson learned, behaviour modified = mission accomplished. He still had room for plan B - stop - anyway
The more people get away with doing the wrong thing, the more they do it. That's why we all witness more and more crazy acts every day. No-one stops them - they keep doing it. Now it seems more and more people have this belief they are entitled to do these things. If I realised I had cut it too fine and done the wrong thing, I would signal an apology - not fling it back at the person I wronged. That's what bothers me the most.

Someone wrote into the paper that when he was taught to drive in the 60's, he was told that if your driving causes people to slow down or swerve to avoid you, you've done it wrong. Some people drive purely with the intent to cause others to slow down/swerve to avoid them it seems.

You write that would it have cost me much to let him in? Well would it have cost the other guy much time to not cut me off? I just cannot fathom how so many of you here defend the people who haven't just made a poor judgement, but have showed no courtesy to other road users while committing illegal and dangerous acts.

As I mentioned, if you let someone squeeze into your safety margin and the car further ahead hits the brakes, 3 cars minimum are likely to be in a prang. By squeezing out or at least trying to (some people won't take a hint), I would maintain at least a 2 car length gap, not have half a car length between the 2 cars in front and another half car length back to me. Yes, I would back off over the next few seconds, but that may be too late. If that's pig headed, so be it, but it's safer than letting people cut you off.

Yes, there are lots of idiots out there and the more they are allowed to get away with it, the more they do it. So pat yourselves on the back, you're all helping them proliferate. Also, I take it by some of the comments in this thread by not allowing someone to do the wrong thing by me and coming across the wrong person, I deserve to be harmed?

Mate go buy a packet of cereal, you'll find your renewed license in there, and maybe also an honourary sherrif's badge so you can not only flash these morons and give hand gestures, but write them a ticket and take away their licenses too.

Seriously man, a little tolerance will get you far in life, and you'll enjoy it a lot more.

And is there a pattern here??
No wonder so many pedestrians get hit by cars
The worst kind of driver - arrogant and stupid
Damn Camry drivers!

Maybe your awesome driving and attempts to help everyone see the light and become better drivers had something to do with what happened to you in this thread?
Damn the B@stards!
Old 04-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #18
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

?
Ha ha ha ha, dude you were just as bad. So if you have an accident does that totally obsolve you of any wrong doing because 'he started it?' That is so primary school! If someone overtakes me and does 150 on double lines, should i do it too just to teach him a lesson? Then when i force him off the road, and if he crashes, it'll be for the greater good because he has learnt a lesson and wont do it again. get a grip. Why not make yourself feel really good, and dob him in, call the hoon hotline!
Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #19
prydey
Rob

i'd say you should trade in your ford on a magna or a volvo!

did you consider that the car behind you may speed up to with the same attitude to the bmw driver as you. the gap in front of you may have been the only gap for a while and so he sped up to use it. i don't know all the facts of the situations, obviously but by the way you describe things it does sound like you believe you have more right to the road because you were a regular user of that stretch and how dare he use his accelerator whilst merging.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:35 AM   #20
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've had 2 incidents in the last week or so that really annoy me.
The first was when I was driving along in the right lane and a P-Plater in an older BMW is on my left and a little behind. I'm maintaining a safe gap to the car in front of me. Now I am in the right lane because I know someone parks their car on the road - the only car on that stretch - which is a stupid thing to do on an arterial road and when it gets cleaned up by a truck I'll be happy. Anyway, Beemer driver sees the parked car and speeds up. I don't want him to chop into my gap between me and the car in front, so I get closer to shut him out. My lane's not blocked and he has to give way to me. This doesn't stop Beemer driver who just continues driving and cuts into my lane with no indicators barely 2 feet in front of me. I filled his mirrors with high beams and this is the bit that annoys me the most. He starts pointing at the parked car as if to say that because he had a parked car to get around, that gave him every right to cut me off. I pulled up alongside and gestured to the indicator stalk, then pulled in behind him (if I wanted to get him I would have cut in front of him as well) as I had to turn left. I also realised that there was a limit to how much I could communicate with gestures from a moving car and was willing to continue on my way. He then used his indicator to signal a left turn and I gave him a thumb up as if to say "Yes, that's how you use your indicators." Considering he is a P-Plater, he should be more aware of the road rules as he sat his test more recently. I would have liked to have a (non-violent) discussion into why I think his driving sucks.

If I had been in his situation, I would have firstly thought, I have to change lanes and looked around for options. Then I would indicate and if a car was travelling alongside me, I would slow down and drop in behind that car if safe to do so. I wouldn't speed up and cut into a gap that doesn't exist. There are alot of people out there now that see a 2 car length gap and think they can put their car in it at 60km/h. This is why I tried to shut him out. One day a driver like that will do that sort of thing and another car in front will slam on the brakes for whatever reason and this person will slam into the back of that car and the car behind him will slam into him as there is no safety margin. It will be the lane cutter's fault and that person will have to pay for 3 car's repairs.

The second idiot I had to deal with just yesterday was on a road that goes from 2 lanes to 1 about 200m from the lights. The left lane becomes parking spaces. Now I passed this Camry while it was still 2 lanes and I was then behind another car. Again, as I know the road I chose my lane. I was completely in front for a few seconds and this guy in a Camry, upon seeing the "form 1 lane" sign decides to speed up and pass me. He's barely alongside me when he has run out of lane. At this point I hit the horn as I could see he intended to cut me off. This guy has continued driving in what is no longer a lane, and I've held my ground, looked across at him and shook my head. He eventually dropped in behind me some 200 metres after his lane ended.

I am aware that the car in front has right of way in zip merging where one lane ends and merges into another, but what I really hate is people who speed up from behind and overtake while their lane rapidly narrows and cut into gaps that barely accommodate their car. This law I'm sure did not have this type of behaviour in mind when they came up with the driver in front has right of way.

I'm not a person who shuts everyone out when driving - another occasion a couple of days later with a truck approaching the parked car, and he was in front and hadn't even begun changing lanes or indicating - I waved him across. If people approach certain driving tasks the right way, I'll accommodate those people. People that do it in a way that says "Screw you and everyone else" don't tend to get much co-operation from me. I don't like people cutting in front of me - hey I'm running late for work too, yet I don't go about cutting people off. I know where I need to be on my daily commute and prepare which lane I'm in early and stay put.
You can tell which drivers are lost and need to change lanes from the lane hoppers who do it to get that extra 2 cars ahead in peak hour traffic. Some of them just indicate long enough for the indicator to flash once and then cut in front of you and then wonder why you are annoyed at them.

Been in your situation alot mate! Good onya Id do the same thing, perfectly legal and you were in the right in both instances. Some people think that extra car length in front will make a big difference when driving.
They must realise that they have to blend in with the traffic rather than trying to make a gap. Just my thoughts anyway
Old 04-06-2007, 01:43 AM   #21
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

How about you just let people in?

Problem solved.

Last edited by Laminge; 04-06-2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Not needed
Old 04-06-2007, 01:50 AM   #22
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
Mate go buy a packet of cereal, you'll find your renewed license in there, and maybe also an honourary sherrif's badge so you can not only flash these morons and give hand gestures, but write them a ticket and take away their licenses too.

Seriously man, a little tolerance will get you far in life, and you'll enjoy it a lot more.

And is there a pattern here??
No wonder so many pedestrians get hit by cars
The worst kind of driver - arrogant and stupid
Damn Camry drivers!

Maybe your awesome driving and attempts to help everyone see the light and become better drivers had something to do with what happened to you in this thread?
Damn the B@stards!
Definite pattern there - and the pattern is a lack of anticipation. Defensive driving is all about expecting the unexpected. Pauljh74, if you continue to drive the way you do, ie thinking that everyone is going to do the right thing, then one of these days you will come a cropper. If you drive along and take note of what is around you, and think to yourself, "OK, if that bloke pulls out of the servo up there, I know I can move to the right", then you will save yourself a lot of grief. The steering wheel was put in the car for a reason, as was the brake and accelerator pedal. Now all you need to do is figure out a way to use these things for good, instead of evil.

I used to (and still do sometimes, but not as much) drive like you seem to. Always getting angry at people who hog the right hand lane, or people that cut me off, etc. My main problem was that I had a V8 and could do something about it, by speeding up and blocking someone out of a lane, or by overtaking them and cutting back in on them. These days, in the gas powered EL, I have no hope at all of attempting any of my "get out of the way idiot" manoeuvres, so I just drive and now look further ahead to avoid potential "situations", and if a situation arises, I take action to minimise it or avoid it. This may actually involve using an indicator or two, and changing lanes, or even a gentle application of the brakes.

You need to wise up and try driving defensively, and stop blaming everyone else for your poor attitude on the road.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 04-06-2007, 07:09 AM   #23
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
The more people get away with doing the wrong thing, the more they do it. That's why we all witness more and more crazy acts every day. No-one stops them - they keep doing it. Now it seems more and more people have this belief they are entitled to do these things.
So you believe by attempting to jam him out behind a parked car hitting him with beams and sticking your finger up at him has modified his driving behaviour for the good of other road users? Are you serious?

If you think your road behaviour and attitude is any better than his then you're sadly mistaken.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #24
red_hotxr6
Banned

Ok i stopped reading this a 1/4 of the way through, who is the p- plater and who is the (open) licence driver, ie experienced, . In my opinion you should have kept your distance, watched him/her and as they sped up to get in dropped off speed to let them in.They are the inexperience driver/s and should be treated as such until they are up to " full speed" or experienced enough, to know how to deal with such situations..
Old 04-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #25
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cutting of drivers and creating dangerous situation on the road and looking for sympathy :

Drivers like you should be seriously slapped around the head, why would you not let him in? Driving in congested Sydney I see too many tools think they own a piece of road and close gaps which only adds to congestion and traffic chaos.....

Last edited by Laminge; 04-06-2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Not needed
Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #26
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I just let people in, especially driving in city traffic, not worth the hassle.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #27
LTDHO
The one and only

I don't feel the need to be arrogant on the road. It's never YOUR lane, you share it like everyone else. If you accelerate to bloke out another road user then you can see where the arrogance is!

courtesy will make the roads safer.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 04-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #28
elusiverunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink I Agree

Pauljh74 - I agree with you 110% there are just too many people out there that should never have been given a license. :
Bolle Window Tint - fitted by Tint a Car
PWR Heat Exchanger, PWR Auto Transmission Oil Cooler - No milkshakes in this car.

After market DRL.
Custom fitted gauge holder with three gauges - Stav of Stingray Car Security.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #29
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Speaking of idiots on the road, I would like to thank the ****er in his Audi who sped pass me the other day,he went off the road and cracked the windscreen,I would have chased him except I was in the Fiesta!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #30
Nashy86

Quote:
If he'd hit MY parked car, I would be holding you as responsible for it just as much as him, he may have started it, but you forced him into the result.
Fair enough if you think hitting your car is worth it to pay him a lesson, but endangering the property of people not involved in the incident (i.e the parked car) is just as reckless and stupid imo, what if there was a pair of little kids in the back seat of the parked car waiting for mummy to get back from the atm?
If he'd hit the parked car would you have stopped?
Written off whilst parked!

FG Mk II XR6T
Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto,, Dark Tint
Awesome toy for Grown Ups!
Closed Thread