Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Default Been ripped by a Freight Agent. Where do I stand?

Have blown some rings in the Focus, and long story short, I bought a brand new short motor from the UK at a great price.

Paid more for the freight than the short motor itself, but still a good deal. About $1300 landed.

Placed the order early December and waited. Opted to have it delivered straight to the workshop (Rob Herrod) who is doing the work because they're close to Tullamarine and it just made sense.

So I get a call today from some freight agent (I'll leave the name out) who I've never had anything to do with before , who says I owe $125 for custom clearance ( fair call), $55 for courier (fair enough)..................and $600 for storage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their argument: It arrived on Christmas Eve, rang the workshop and no one there (duuurrr), and they have had it stored for 11 days. $55 per day plus GST!!! Thanks very much Fu.k u.

What the fu.k...!!!!

I can't see on what legal basis they can do this. Where is the contract? Offer, acceptance, consideration.

Anyone know how they can do this? They don't have a contract with me...never heard of them, was never informed of , or agreed to, a storage fee.
Sounds like blackmail, not contractural obligation.

I'm stuffed though as I need the car. So I had to pay the bastards (3% surcharge on the credit cards thanks very much!!!!)

I caouldn't see anyway around it, but it is a f...kn racket

Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Kryton

now that you've paid them, theres nothing you can do.
They arent giving your money back.

You could report your credit card stolen and try and get the money refunded but you most probably will get done for fraud.

You shouldnt have paid them and sought advice first.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

Unfortunatly these days if nothing is on paper in writing it is hard to hard to have an argument. I guess they knew that already and didnt really mind as they knew you would have to pay for it regardless. I feel for ya mate, bastards everywhere, i got ripped once for $8000. I wasnt very happy, had nothing to take him to court with:(. They would proabably win at court as they only played their part as you wanted that part to be delivered once arrived, they probs made the call, noone answered and they just kept it in their storage. Bad Luck mate, make sure anything that is worth $ to have it written on paper EVERY specific order and make them sign it. That way you cover yourself, i make my own contracts and get it signed by and & the person im dealing with no matter what purchases i make.
GHO57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have probably tried to make a deal with them and try negotiate the storage fee. $55/day is a bit rich for storage for one pallet. Hell a Motel is nearly that price.

Also, next time get the shipper to put your mobile number on it.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

Did you get any paper work with the moter before or after delivery?

They should of made you sign some sort of contract.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
nstg8a

why did they wait 11 days to contact you?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post