Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default First warning in the XR, passed the attitude test.

It wasn't for doing anything wrong I just fluttered past him without seeing him and that's what got me.

Officially it was my "BOV", I responded with "I don't have one" which I pointed out after being asked to pop the bonnet. He understood and that was fine.

He was in a mark 2 turbo and I showed him how his still had a bov and that's why it didn't make the same sound as mine and he understood and was cool with that too.

If everything is plumbed up correctly is it just the sound that's illegal?

Second thing was tinted taillights.

I have aftermarket smoked LED taillights, which tbh aren't much darker (if at all) then the R-SPEC/G6 lights. His explanation was the LED's weren't bright enough and pretty much any tinted/aftermarket LED lights are illegal? Can't find any rules on that either. I had way darker diy nightshade lights on for over 2 years and was never pulled over.

He was cool the whole time, even complimented the car and that but I didn't think I was doing anything wrong?
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: First warning in the XR, passed the attitude test.

needs more dragons
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #3
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do the lights meet Australian standards?
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Australian Design Rules: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...dr_online.aspx http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...dr_online.aspx http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...ry-M-Group.pdf and http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Series/F2006L02745 with required approval marks
Quote:
The approval mark shall consist of:

4.2.1. An international approval mark, comprising:

4.2.1.1. a circle surrounding the letter "E" followed by the distinguishing number of the country which has granted approval; 1/

4.2.1.2. the approval number prescribed in paragraph 4.1.3 above.

4.2.2. The following additional symbol or symbols:

4.2.2.1. On devices meeting the requirements of this Regulation in respect of the front position (side) lamps, the letter "A";

4.2.2.2. On devices meeting the requirements of this Regulation in respect of the rear position (side) lamps, the letter "R";

4.2.2.3. On devices meeting the requirements of this Regulation in respect of the stop-lamps, the letter "S" followed by the figure:

"1" when the device has one level of illumination;

"2" when the device has two levels of illumination;

"3" when the device meets the specific requirements for category S3 stop lamps.

4.2.2.4. On devices comprising both a rear position (side) lamp and a stop lamp meeting the requirements of this Regulation in respect of such lamps, the letters "R" and "S1" or "S2" as the case may be, separated by a horizontal dash;

4.2.2.5. On front or rear position lights of which the visibility angles are asymmetrical with regard to the reference axis in a horizontal direction, an arrow pointing towards the side on which the photometric specifications are met up to an angle of 80 degrees H;

4.2.2.6. On lamps which may be used as single lamps and as part of an assembly of lamps, the additional letter "D" to the right of the symbol mentioned in paragraphs 4.2.2.1 to 4.2.2.4;

4.2.3. The two digits of the approval number (at present 02 corresponding to the 02 series of amendments which entered into force on 5 May 1991) which indicate the series of amendments incorporating the most recent major technical amendments made to the Regulation at the time of issue of the approval and, if necessary, the required arrow may be marked close to the above additional symbols.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:06 AM   #5
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank mate but I read most of that stuff already, no real mention of LED's or levels of tinting like they go into with windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T View Post
Do the lights meet Australian standards?
As far as he was concerned NO aftermarket LED and/or tinted light does or ever will.

It's the same with the BOV, he new venting to atmosphere was illegal but he couldn't point out where my car was doing that. Rather then pushing the issue you just have to go along with it.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post