Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Car Wash Cafes

I've been using these regularly since we've had water restrictions in Sydney.

Coming home today after using one I notice 3 deep scratches on my inner drivers side window scraping off the tint. Never noticed it before

I can't prove it's them that did it but a pain in the butt all the same.

Any idea of the cost to get this sort of thing fixed....ie remove old tint and apply new tint film?

Cheers

2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
sheldzzz
sheldzzz

not much at all be maybe 200 at the MAX if the guys in a bad mood. its a 2 minute job to put new tint on, but its the prep and cutting of it thats a hassle.

sheldzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

personally wouldn't go near them. Most of those guys are complete clowns... Silly thing is I reckon I use a lot more water with buckets than I would with a hose.
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we dont have water restrictions, so I just wash my car myself, with the hose and soap and lots of water. Gotta love perth

Mabey should stop befor the majority of australia come to bash me

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
we dont have water restrictions, so I just wash my car myself, with the hose and soap and lots of water. Gotta love perth

Mabey should stop befor the majority of australia come to bash me
or before we put you on level 4 posting restriction access
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
Ridin-High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
or before we put you on level 4 posting restriction access

LOL :

Ps. Yes i have used the search button mum....
Ridin-High is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #7
meg

they can be a good thing, just be mindful to check your car before you drive off. comes down to if the caR wash has good staff, you get a good job and you come back to them. if there is a problem and they don't want to know about it, your not going to come back to them and probably tell more people not to use them than you would tell to use them otherwise.
meg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #8
Billy351
Banned

I wouldn't trust the people I see working at those car washes as far as I could spit.
Billy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #9
manny_papa
disco time !!!

Most of the time i take it to a car wash, the one in particular is really good, the owner checks on all the cars before you leave and makes sure its all clean, even the door jams and petrol lid/inside the lid.

This place is really good, ive seen many ferrari's and lambo's get washed there as the xr8 is, which shows that they do a good job. If you live near bankstown/sydney pm me if you want their address.

But ive also taken the company car to another car wash place, lets just say it will NEVER go there again, even if it isnt my car.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:10 PM   #10
Billy351
Banned

LOL at Bankstown, it's probably a front for a re-body workshop. Easy way to collect VINs. Either that or they copy your keys, find out your address and steal your car a month later.
Billy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Budget wash, Budget results
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #12
Maximus
ED XR6

I wouldn't trust anyone else with washing my car. they might tend to reuse sponges and it would be easy not to notice sand or dirt or something on there, then as a result scratch my car. Screw that, I'll take my bucket to the carwash and do it myself with my microfibre mit thing.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
manny_papa
disco time !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy351
LOL at Bankstown, it's probably a front for a re-body workshop. Easy way to collect VINs. Either that or they copy your keys, find out your address and steal your car a month later.
its an open area, you see the car from start to finish while you have a nice coffee and a muffin. not everything is shifty mate
Old 02-07-2007, 07:23 AM   #14
Falchoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_papa

This place is really good, ive seen many ferrari's and lambo's get washed there as the xr8 is, which shows that they do a good job. If you live near bankstown/sydney pm me if you want their address.
Not really. Just means the owners have plenty of money to fix any scratches that they might get.

I don't care if we have level 50 water restrictions, I will never let anyone else wash it, I will do it myself and risk the fine (cheaper than paying for panels to be resprayed or window tint to be repalced). The only slight exception to this is if I am very busy and simply don't have time to do it myself and need have to the car cleaned I will take it to a Laser Wash where the machine does it. Problem is you generally need to do it again properly yourself anyway because it doesn't gett all the dirt and bugs off properly, so you do end up using twice as much water because you are doing the job twice.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #15
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Yeah, I don't trust anybody with our cars.

Either I wash it or it does not get washed. If I can't (water restrictions) I'll take it to Car Lovers and give it a quick rinse down.

Now that we have a water tank installed, I can use mt pressure washer and do the job properly.

I'm fussy with the finish and the products that I use. Plus the fact that I can take full accountability for any scratches etc.....

Plus I'm a tight a%%.....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #16
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I hate my car and take it through the BP carwash all the time and if I'm feeling generous, I'll take it to the 'brushless' tunnel wash at Albany Creek.

I can't say I've noticed any scratches. Could've been a stone flicked up or anything really.

Shouldn't cost much to fix, just so long as its done - that scratch could turn into rust quite easily.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #17
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Wouldn't trust these cafes for quids if you like me are a fussy bugga with your paint finish.
I can feel the scratches from that really clean sponge being dipped into the water bucket which had done 20cars prior and a 4wd. Then they use the 'ol chamois which drags itself over my paint after they had wiped the inside of the doors of another 20cars and 5 4wd's.
Nope never are they going to touch my cars....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #18
SVR73
Mr Polish

Right on Bluedriver.
Your car is too damn cool to take it to any of those clowns and so is mine.
Though I value yours more.
Why - they aren't going to spend the money for quality shampoo's that do more than just clean
Won't take the time to gently wash or use waffle weave towels and blot dry the car
Do not know Autopian techniques.

It's all about time, speed and pumping the cars through.
I'd love to take my 1000W twin halogen lights down to that place and watch them do a car.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #19
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

What water restriction???

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post