Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default All New Focus (2011) Rendering

Here's the latest attempt at a rendering of the all new Focus to built here in 2011.

I like the look of it, but there will be quite a few that don't. I also think the front view could be pretty accurate, although I would imagine that the rear end would keep the traditional high mounted (D-Piller) tail lights.

2011 Focus

Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

I like it, even though it is a guess. I think it's got agressive looks.

Ford is retooling aplant in Michigan to build the Euro style Focus here. I am not aware that it is a new generation. I can probably find out though. I was just assuming it would be the current one built in Europe.

I was planning on getting a Fiesta next year for a daily driver but there won't be an EcoBoost engine available in it. If the Focus gets one I will certainly have to consider it, especially if it looks a lot like that rendering.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
I like it, even though it is a guess. I think it's got agressive looks.

Ford is retooling aplant in Michigan to build the Euro style Focus here. I am not aware that it is a new generation. I can probably find out though. I was just assuming it would be the current one built in Europe.

I was planning on getting a Fiesta next year for a daily driver but there won't be an EcoBoost engine available in it. If the Focus gets one I will certainly have to consider it, especially if it looks a lot like that rendering.

Steve
Steve,

the Focus that will be built at Wayne Assembly, will be the all new generation vehicle. From what I'm hearing there will be several 'top hats' for this car also (People mover, SUV, 5 & 3 door hatch, wagon, and 4 door sedan).

At this stage it will be built in Saarlious Germany, Wayne (and Michigan Plant ?) Michigan, and Broadmeadows Australia.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
arnhemal
Starter Motor

Up to 197bhp for the diesel!!!

I did read that right, didnt i..

If thats the case, my 2008 TDCi will be ready for a trade when this model is ready to go.

Alex
arnhemal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 02:27 AM   #5
Jayden
Graphic Artist

That fronts nice, but I hope the rear will be better. Should continue with the vertical back lights style for the hatch IMO.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
At this stage it will be built in Saarlious Germany, Wayne (and Michigan Plant ?) Michigan, and Broadmeadows Australia.
So we have Louis - Germany, Wayne - USA and Shane - Broady. Nice.

I for one can't wait for my Shane Focus!
Old 14-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

The whole plan for the AUS Focus is still not green lit by HQ. There has been no significant investment in AUS for retooling the plant etc, the decision is pending and expected later this year I hear.

There is a small group of engineers now starting work on it and looking at the plant. It seems the costs are allot higher than first thought too.

It will be a great car though, for the money it is expected to hit the road for, the features look amazing!
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
The whole plan for the AUS Focus is still not green lit by HQ. There has been no significant investment in AUS for retooling the plant etc, the decision is pending and expected later this year I hear.

There is a small group of engineers now starting work on it and looking at the plant. It seems the costs are allot higher than first thought too.

It will be a great car though, for the money it is expected to hit the road for, the features look amazing!
Announcement in a couple of weeks from what I heard, and the 35 mill they spent in the stamping plant was NEVER intended for Falcon.........
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Announcement in a couple of weeks from what I heard, and the 35 mill they spent in the stamping plant was NEVER intended for Falcon.........
The money spent in the plant doesn't necessarily mean it's solely for Focus.

There will be significant changes to Territory AND Falcon despite the Tezza/Falcon future global direction that will utilise the upgrades.

I'm not suggesting that Focus will not go ahead, but it's not a done deal either.

As I said in another thread, wait and see.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
Rhubarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
From what I'm hearing there will be several 'top hats' for this car also (People mover, SUV, 5 & 3 door hatch, wagon, and 4 door sedan).

I hope you're right. I love the shape of that new hatch but I want a small wagon and the focus wagon with those sort of engines quoted would be perfect. I would definitely buy one of those. As it is, I'm looking at a volvo V50 which is volvo's version of the focus wagon, just costs more.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #11
BrisVegas
Noobie

I think the autoexpress rendering looks great. Fits in nicely with the new Fiesta. I hope they bring the C-Max out here as well as the Kuga. These are the sorts of cars people want, so Ford needs to get amongst the action.

I'll take a Green XR5 6 speed manual for me and a Silver C-Max TDCi with Powershift for the family runabout thanks!

LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone

Last edited by BrisVegas; 22-04-2009 at 09:41 AM.
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #12
Scoobie
Starter Motor

The Ford design house are running hot atm... awesome designs.
Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #13
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

i dno about the wheels tho, i hope they pull out somethin better than that, somethin new, that design has all been done now, the bmw x5 had those similar wheels aswell.
Old 23-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
Rhubarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
I'll take a Green XR5 6 speed manual for me and a Silver C-Max TDCi with Powershift for the family runabout thanks!
I'm almost the same. I want a focus (maybe XR5) for me and a focus TDCi wagon for the family. Come on Ford Aus. Bring these focus variants out and they'll do a lot for the image of Ford in Aus, with a likely flow on to the larger fords too. Much like the success of the mazda 2 and 6, thanks to the initial success of the mazda 3.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #15
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

heres the bmw with similar wheels to xr5.
dno who thort of this design first tho.

http://www.carsales.com.au/Tig/UI/Pa...3&tabID=304744