Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-07-2015, 11:42 PM   #1
AussieCJ7

Default Soap box: $%^& dash cam youtube channels

soap box rant.

whats the go with all these dash cam youtube channels cropping up, most think they are showing off others as bad drivers yet many of them are showing how bad they are themselves
dont mean the ones that are just a compilation of crashes (although amazes me how many of them show people not taking evasive action early enough when they could have), but the guys who just show all the bad stuff that happens around them

If that much stuff is happening around you have you ever thought you might be half the cause. the worst of these i have seen is this joker https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-...2jOifV8R2unDBw check braking cars being a moving road block and other antics he portrays under the umbrella of being a safe driver and wonders why so much road rage surrounds him

no wonder we get so many nanny state rules and the police are being driven to enforce them we have jokers like this publicizing the need for even more nanny state rules

Its about time some of these drivers learn if you are purposely going slower than the flow of the traffic, can't accelerate away with the flow of the traffic, dont keep left, or are trying to enforce your belief of safe driving on others then there is a good chance you will receive some feedback from other drivers who dont agree.

Most drivers who spend a fair bit of time on the road only see the occasional idiot affecting them and if you seeing more than the occasional either your really unlucky or you are part of the cause.

Not condoning road rage or reckless driving however sick of seeing these being sensationalized by the media and these youtube channels are feeding the sensationalize approach that the media takes

See what sort of feed back if you drive slow in the unlimited lane on the autobahn in europe you will have lights flashed at you this is not road rage
AussieCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Soap box: $%^& dash cam youtube channels

I wouldn't worry about it.

I do find it funny just because someone puts a dash cam in their car as they assume they're a good driver (mind you most people think they're good drivers). But when you see some of the footage that results in an accident you can see what was going to happen. Most drivers are predictable and most accidents are avoidable.

But if you read the comments on these Facebook pages its hilarious as its always the truck drivers fault or cyclists are a_holes.
Old 22-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
LTDHO
The one and only

They are as they show just how bad we are!
Not perfect as most of us think we are.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2015, 02:12 PM   #4
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I view dashcams as a protection from the 'their word vs your word' arguments with insurance rather than to sprout about how good their driving is. For example, I've seen some road rage infused people reverse into the front of a car and then claim they got rear ended so they don't have to claim on their insurance and severely inconvenience the other driver. A dashcam can dispute such a claim.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I have a dash cam, and one of the "benefits" (?) happened the other night when the missus dropped one of her drunk friends home - the friend "flashed" her as she was backing out of the driveway, and the missus of course got it all on cam. We sent the friend the 3 second snippet (though night time and distance means there wasn't actually much to see)....
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2015, 09:41 PM   #6
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Sounds like people just looking for their 15 minutes of fame, or youtube celebrities.

I've got plenty of footage of numpties on the road, never saw the point of sharing it anywhere as they're just mostly near misses and are just a part of driving nowadays.
Old 22-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #7
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I think I need a dash cam, I live in the inner melbourne suburbs and **** me its always night time on a friday about 8pm I see the dicks emerge! I want to get a cam for that one reason, A) there is going to be a time where i'm not paying 100% attention and probably have an accident that can be avoided or B) the red light argument my father had with another drive, basically he claims he had a green arrow she said she had a green light blah blah no evidence on both sides so it comes down who is willing to go to court...

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #8
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its all about money. Once you get 100k views on a video you can start making money from YouTube per view.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 07:03 PM   #9
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieCJ7 View Post
I just watched some of his ridiculous vigilante video's.
He's an angry little **** who you can hear gets extremely agitated over the most minor of things. Seriously, people like him are ticking time bombs who end up making it on the news when he gets his *** beaten when he loses his cool in front of someone who won't tolerate it.

On his channel, he features a video with an elderly gentleman in a territory. So we get it, this guys aged. Minor collision, he gets out and lets this guy have it and screams and carries on like a lunatic - a poor frail old man who had a minor accident. What's the point of being such an *** Scotty?
If I were there and he was abusing a loved one of mine his precious dashcam would end up serving a dual purpose of giving him a colonoscopy.

Quote: