Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Poker online

Just had my first online poker game wow it was full on anyone on here play i play on party poker player name is XWildGTbill

XWildGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I watch World Wide Poker. Gus Hansen is da Bomb!!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stuff that, I wouldn't play online, if I can't see how people act and react how am I ment to win.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
AusM
AusMotorsport

Yeah I've played the free online one at partypoker.com, was good fun, but a totally different game without being able to read people. I've never played for money (but have earnt lots of matches and M&Ms in the past!) and I'm sure that changes things again...
AusM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #5
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have played a little money poker on the net on partypoker.com its a good bit of fun but you just have to know how to control yourself!!
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
XR-351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i use to play it all the time, its awsome if your wanting to waste a bit of time... even though you cant read peoples faces you can still read their style of game by watching their previous moves...

i need to download it on my new comp

overall its good cos you cant loose any $$$
XR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #7
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

My Bro in law plays a fair bit, he's 8k up at the moment. It's a good thing my sis dosent know...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #8
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWildGT
Just had my first online poker game wow it was full on anyone on here play i play on party poker player name is XWildGTbill
Try PKR.

Like party poker but far superior.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
StorminaTcup

Mrs Whoosha got us on to the Full Tilt Poker site. All for fun & no $ spent. Gotta be happy about that.
StorminaTcup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the hell with that, id like to see my money being taken from me lol
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #11
territory mate
turbo happy

if you want to be a better player,then thinking and not looking has to be learnt as well.what i mean is,even if you are seated ,watching there actions,you arent really thinking about why,how,and what the reaction to your move will be.by playing online,you stop and think,and in most cases,learn your weakness's quite quick.
i have played online now for about three years,and i can tell a player alot better by the speed and amounts,than i could by there face and actions.not saying it doesnt help,but going to a fight with half the ammo they have,isnt a real fair start.
partypoker is the main one most play for play money,but pkr(as suggested earlier) does get alot of good comments from most of the players i know.putting 50 bucks in a account,can keep you going for ages,just playing the small buyin games,and you'll find people play the game with more rescept for there hands,and for others bets.not many all ins on pockets 3's before the flop,if you know what i mean.
territory mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post