The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-09-2019, 09:55 PM   #1
Malroy
Starter Motor

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebuyer View Post
Maxter,

I am in the same exact position as you. They told me that my shipment is due to arrive on the 17/07. Then once it clears customs, and I make payment, they will forward pick up information.

With regards to the higher quote than expected, I was told "US Customs held our container for inspection and de-van. Everyone in the container was billed for the additional cost based on the cubic meters of their item. This is not a normal happening as its the first in over 20 years."

I have emailed them last week to get an update, but still no reply. Phone call gives the same message you get.

What port is your shipment going to? I am based in Brisbane and would be happy to give them a visit if we can get an address from the others who have been there.
Hi. I have a current issue with goods in a container through this lot that is supposedly in quarantine in Melbourne arrived 13/5 apparently but very poor communication and no documentation given after several emails.
No phone contact returned either.i don’t believe a word this Indira Sheila says.
Malroy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2019, 10:10 PM   #2
Aussiebuyer
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malroy View Post
Hi. I have a current issue with goods in a container through this lot that is supposedly in quarantine in Melbourne arrived 13/5 apparently but very poor communication and no documentation given after several emails.
No phone contact returned either.i don’t believe a word this Indira Sheila says.
Hi there. Maxter has been getting some communication back from them recently, but I wasn’t as successful. They allegedly said they are road tripping in the US and have poor network service. But they said it should clear soon. I don’t fully believe them and I suspect they are just buying themselves some time.

Their voicemail says they will be back end of September, so all I can do is wait till then. Might give them a visit at their address as well.
Aussiebuyer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #3
Malroy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Hi there. Maxter has been getting some communication back from them recently, but I wasn’t as successful. They allegedly said they are road tripping in the US and have poor network service. But they said it should clear soon. I don’t fully believe them and I suspect they are just buying themselves some time.

Their voicemail says they will be back end of September, so all I can do is wait till then. Might give them a visit at their address as well.
Told me the same but no documents supplied re the shipment and quarantine does not take three months plus. Has anybody ever had a vehicle quarantined for any more than one month!
She said there is a vintage truck in the container that is the problem but I don’t believe a word they say.
I’m Expecting to go to ahead with legal proceedings .
Old 01-09-2019, 10:49 PM   #4
Aussiebuyer
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malroy View Post
Told me the same but no documents supplied re the shipment and quarantine does not take three months plus. Has anybody ever had a vehicle quarantined for any more than one month!
She said there is a vintage truck in the container that is the problem but I don’t believe a word they say.
I’m Expecting to go to ahead with legal proceedings .
Fair enough. The freight will definitely have cleared but they must be using a broker who they owe money and won’t release the container until they are paid.

Please keep us updated, and I will too if I get anything else!
Old 04-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #5
berntd
Starter Motor

Hello, I am new.

I have the same current problem here in Sydney with freight from USA2AUS.com .

I know form the depot that the container arrived on ~27 July but due to the fact that no funds were apparently transferred from Phil Newell's side, the container cannot be cleared or accessed.

The contents of said container is sitting in this depot, which is a huge problem for the depot. They also cannot get hold of the Newells.

Like others here, I have also tried my best to get hold of them via phone and email but there is no answer.
I am really worried about this since there is more to my story than this.

I would very much like to get in touch with others here who have the same issue so we can stay in touch and see how we can proceed.

PLEASE PM ME

I am hoping this can all be resolved but so far, it looks bleak.

Best regards
Bernt

Last edited by berntd; 04-09-2019 at 11:53 AM.
berntd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #6
Aussiebuyer
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by berntd View Post
Hello, I am new.

I know form the depot that the container arrived on ~27 July but due to the fact that no funds were apparently transferred from Phil Newell's side, the container cannot be cleared or accessed.

The contents of said container is sitting in this depot, which is a huge problem for the depot. They also cannot get hold of the Newells.

Like others here, I have also tried my best to get hold of them via phone and email but there is no answer.

I would very much like to get in touch with others here who have the same issue so we can stay in touch and see how we can proceed.

PLEASE PM ME

Best regards
Bernt
Hey,

Maxter and I have been in touch and keeping each other updated if we hear anything. So far, Phil has communicated with Maxter and mentioned to him that the container has cleared, and will send a final invoice soon (this was on Thursday). So maybe we will hear back something in the next few weeks...

PM me your contact details and we can keep each other updated.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #7
berntd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Hey,

Maxter and I have been in touch and keeping each other updated if we hear anything. So far, Phil has communicated with Maxter and mentioned to him that the container has cleared, and will send a final invoice soon (this was on Thursday). So maybe we will hear back something in the next few weeks...

PM me your contact details and we can keep each other updated.
PM sent.
Regards
Bernt
berntd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2019, 09:59 PM   #8
Malroy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by berntd View Post
Hello, I am new.

PLEASE PM ME

Best regards
Bernt
Malcolm here. Same story but no idea if the freight is actually in quarantine in Melbourne or not and no paperwork forthcoming when requested either so I doubt it is even here.
How did you know where to find the depot yours was in?
Old 11-09-2019, 03:29 AM   #9
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no experience with this mob, but reading through the thread makes one feel sorry for the victims, and that this is allowed to continue with advertising and ongoing business or new victims.

Unfortunately there have been cases when scammers or crooks threaten or take legal action against people that give true (negative) reviews of a poor service. It doesn't look like that is happening in this case, simply total lack of communication.

It looks like the company has a facebook page, but it hasn't had any new updates for a long time. The updates from 2018 was just excuses for why there was no communication from them, such as storms, blaming the phone provider, etc. Interestingly, Just Cars magazine (JC) has placed a 'like' on this company's facebook page which gives some credibility they don't deserve.

Have you tried to report the Facebook page for the business, perhaps you can succeed in having that page taken down?

We could also try to start a 'call Just Cars Magazine' campaign by the members here, and try to influence them to decline ads from this business.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post