Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #1
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Senator Muir and Importation of Private Vehicles.

Open for discussion, fair bit of Ricky bashing goes on around here. Lets give this one a crack...

http://minister.infrastructure.gov.a...f017_2016.aspx

https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicl...standards_act/
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Senator Muir and Importation of Private Vehicles.

Quote:
Senator Muir and Importation of Private Vehicles
Does he have a position on this?
Old 10-02-2016, 11:58 PM   #3
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
Does he have a position on this?
Hidden in the links is a submission to the inquiry from Motoring Advisory Council—Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party

Not wanting to waste valuable disk space, I will refrain from pasting the MEP submission, however it appears as though Ricky Muir's name is totally absent from the MEP submission. At least there is consistency...
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-02-2016, 08:33 AM   #4
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK cheap so you don't know and choose to comment anyway, yes that is consistency.
I'II find out for myself and post it so it can be judged on it's merits or lack of.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:48 AM   #5
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
OK cheap so you don't know and choose to comment anyway, yes that is consistency.
I'II find out for myself and post it so it can be judged on it's merits or lack of.
No point in getting your nickers twisted, the links simply do not appear to provide anything directly from Mr Muir. By all means go ahead looking for the Ricky Muir needle in the proverbial thought haystack.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #6
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
No point in getting your nickers twisted, the links simply do not appear to provide anything directly from Mr Muir. By all means go ahead looking for the Ricky Muir needle in the proverbial thought haystack.
No ***** sherlock! Do us a favour and read before you post the same old garbage or better still get off your backside and DO something about the private vehicle if you feel so inclined instead of moaning about your perceptions of Muir
Old 11-02-2016, 12:44 PM   #7
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

I want Ricky to do well Bill, I personally would like him or his state party colleagues to be more media visible & loud on motoring issues that affects all Australian motorists daily.

Does anyone know where Ricky stands on the speed camera & revenue raising issue for instance, I dont know?

Kudo's to Ricky for having a crack, i just hope he can keep 'em honest when its appropriate to do so.

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2016, 08:47 PM   #8
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hello Maka,

I agree but there is a long list of well meaning political candidates from many parties who have been chewed up by media and the political machine and spat out so I am realistic about what is possible. I was not impressed by AMEP or Ricky after the election but I do believe there was a hatchet job done by the media to paint him in a negative light.

I have found new respect by the way he has handled himself and grown into the role and firmly believe car lovers need support at this level, he is the man at the coalface so rather than cutting him off at the knees we should give him some leeway in that godforsaken bearpit they call parliament.

If you look you can find where he has been busy interacting with auto enthusiasts and raising awareness.
cheers
Bill

http://www.senatormuir.org.au/news/i...sector-meeting
http://www.senatormuir.org.au/news/m...trict-car-club
http://www.streetmachine.com.au/feat...burnout-party/
http://www.cfmeu.net.au/news/cfmeu-n...-on-paper-jobs

Last edited by Bill M; 31-12-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2016, 10:41 PM   #9
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Thanks for the links Bill, nice read!!! Good to see Ricky getting some great work done. With the next fed election on the horizon, reelection is in Ricky's hands now, he can do it & get another stint if he prioritises the main big ticket motoring issues to pursue. Good luck Ricky, you can do it!!!

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2016, 12:10 AM   #10
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Re: Senator Muir and Importation of Private Vehicles.

Sorry to burst your bubble Macka but isnt Ricky a first term senator
if so he was elected for six years
if Malcolm has the guts to call a double dissalution
and I mean guts as the only PM to call a DD that I can recall
was Gough Whitlam
then he might have a chance at being re elected
but as far as I know he will still be there
thanks John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2016, 08:42 AM   #11
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Hi last fairlane, yep sorry I mixed up the duration a senator spends in office, 6 years is correct. Ricky has plenty of time to do more good work & I will be watching closely (like many others on AFF) how he goes in the coming years.

cheer's, Maka