Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default One wonders why under 25s have a higher accident/ death rate....

I remember thinking i was relatively bullet proof.... but cant say myself or any of my mates were this... um... intelligent.

Quote:
Speeding learner charged with stealing car

New South Wales Police have charged a teenage learner driver with travelling at almost 100 kilometres per hour over the speed limit in a stolen car last night.

The 19-year-old man was arrested after police caught him allegedly speeding at almost 180 kilometres per hour on the Hume Highway near Goulburn in southern NSW.

The speed limit for a learner driver is 80 kilometres per hour.

The white car he was driving was reported stolen from Victoria on Thursday.

The teenager was refused bail and will appear in the Goulburn bail court today, charged with driving recklessly, speeding and receiving stolen property.
Not painting all youngens with the same brush... but its these fools who give pollies the excuse they need to keep bring about more and more road rules etc to the determent of others..

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 29-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Default Re: One wonders why under 25s have a higher accident/ death rate....

Would be nice to hear someone under 25 doing something good on the road. But.......

"If you do something right, people wont be sure if youve done anything at all."
Old 29-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thing is idiots like this don't care about road rules. So when they bring in harsher road rules, the average person suffers while the idiots continue to do stupid stuff.
Old 29-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
woteva

Does anybody else think it retarded that a learner can only do 80km/h?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Thing is idiots like this don't care about road rules. So when they bring in harsher road rules, the average person suffers while the idiots continue to do stupid stuff.
Which part makes him an idiot?
Old 29-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The part where he drives 100 km/h over the speed limit, as a learner?

It is unfortunate that people like this still drive on our roads, but I'm growing to realise, there will never be a time when idiots like this aren't on our roads.

Eventually I'll be limited to a Hyundai excel by the time I finish my green P's.
Old 29-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
Would be nice to hear someone under 25 doing something good on the road. But.......

"If you do something right, people wont be sure if youve done anything at all."
There's roughly 13 million vehicles on Australian roads, the majority of drivers don't kill and injure themselves
but because that is not news worthy, we don't get to hear all the good that happens on the roads...
Old 29-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
Rambunctious

Consider this, there is no mention of a licensed driver arrested with him so one must assume he is driving unlicensed at 180 k, not as a learner but as an unlicensed driver in a stolen vehicle.
Throw the dipstick in jail and throw away the key.
Old 29-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
There's roughly 13 million vehicles on Australian roads, the majority of drivers don't kill and injure themselves
but because that is not news worthy, we don't get to hear all the good that happens on the roads...
Precisely.
Old 29-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woteva
Does anybody else think it retarded that a learner can only do 80km/h?

Yes i do, its pretty retarded. I dont even agree with P licence speed limits. Dont see any logic behind it except the big red target effect and more rules to be set, broken and made money out of.

Drivers have to learn how to drive. There are speeds over 80 out there (for now). Learn what It feels like.

Driver must apply common sense. You are unexperienced, you arent forced to go 110. Do what speed is comfortable for you.
It will also help in increasing the IQ of the gene pool when Mr Fwit ploughs his car into something.

If he takes somebody with him thats bad luck. If somebody ploughs into me...eh insurance...unless im dead. Somebody ploughs into somebody i care about, well i cant control others, nothing i can do.

But at the end of the day the situation is too fargone and we are heading into a black hole. Unless somebody wipes out govco and we start fresh with non retarded people....

I see how it slowly makes drivers used to higher speeds...but that should be done when on learners, not take one third of a decade.

Now ill sit back and watch me get attacked for my views.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 29-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A thief stole a car and was caught speeding in it.

The age and/or license status of the thief are irrelevant.

This thread has nowhere to go but downhill.

game over
Closed Thread