Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
Caydus

Default Mud Flaps

I'm going to be installing some mud flaps/mud spats on my fez. Asking my dealer, they are going to be charging me $75 for the front and $75 for the rear, plus $150 for installation (looks pretty straightforward, should be able to do myself).

I've seen OEM pads on eBay UK for ~£48, but nobody seems to ship internationally.

I see a couple of you have had them installed, where did you get them, and how much were they?

Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
trumpy73

Default Re: Mud Flaps

I purchased mine from ebay (shipped from Hkong). They were custom made (moulded type) for the Fiesta and fit like a glove. It cost a grand total of $45. Installation is fairly straight forward but keep in mind you will have to drill a few holes in your mudguard. You need to use the existing clips holding the wheel arch plastic for a much neater flush finish. A tiny amount of wiggling here and there may be required. I also found that for the rear ones, removing the back wheels gives you much better access and well worth it.

To give you an indication, I'm pretty handy but never done mudflaps before and it took me 1hr including lifting the car, wheels etc.

Let me see if i can dig-up the ebay shop that I used.

Here, even cheaper now from what I remembered. $38
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Splash-Mu...d#ht_705wt_905

Tip: If you're the fussy type just ditch the screws and buy some properly galvanised ones. From memory you only need about 4 (as you'll use the existing plastic clips in some holes). The screws that come in the pack are prone to rusting.

Last edited by trumpy73; 10-08-2011 at 05:31 PM.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Caydus

Default Re: Mud Flaps

Oh nice, thanks for that, ill be ordering tonight
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post