Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-07-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Its not safe

Some people may find this amusing, but I gotta feel for my neigbours.

This morning on my way to work, i pass by the neighbours and have a customary glance across their driveway. They are holden freaks and I usually mutter some profanity under my breath. Well I spot 2 SS commodores in his drive. A Red VZ and a White VX Crewman. Usually theres a sportivo and the crewman. Then I remembered that the wife was driving her bosses car around. The FBT thing for leasing. The boss has her sportivo as she took the ss up to Bathurst for a run to visit the family and a squirt in a V8 holden around the mountain.

So as I get closer I spot a wheel missing. I figured a flat, so i have a bit of a chuckle. Then I realised, 4 flat tyres, can't be. Under each rotor was a pile of 3 bricks. Seems they may have been stolen. Now I wasn't 100% sure, because previously, they had a landcruiser and was out bush and cop'd 4 flat tyres. So after getting the car home, they put the cruiser up on bricks. Then I asked what happened and they explained about the flats. So I figured, maybe this may have happened again. Just maybe

To make sure, i knocked on the door, awoke them from slumber and said "Dude, I think you have a problem. The red SS" He said yeah what about it. Well i told him, its got no wheels. Like 4 of em, gone. Bull he says. Thinking its too early for one of my holden bashing jokes. Sure enough, the wheels have been hoisted. The look of : on their faces, followed by lots of F's and C's.

I then left for work. When i got home tonight I asked what happened. Said they rang the police who didn't care, can't do squat and just logged a report, gave them the number, and they rang the boss, who contacted insurance. 6 hours later, tow truck arrived, 4 new wheels, put them on, and towed the car away out of harms way. Asked how the boss took the news. Didn't care. Had a laugh, thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, the neighbour wife, was very upset. Don't blame her.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post this up. Now if that was my XR6 out front, and my wheels were hoisted, i would be shattered. Until of course I got the insurance money and went looking for new wheels.

I sometimes leave the cars out front. Not anymore.

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:45 PM   #2
AdzT3-146
own the road

yeh thats pretty terrible, bloody theives! i'm always scared when i have to leave my car out in the open for the fear of waking up with no wheels.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #3
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

It happened to about 3 people I know in different states with in the space of about 10 days.
I'm so glad I have a garage.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #4
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

I hate low life scum like that!!
If anybody ever stole something from my car (like wheels) let alone the whole car and I caught them I'd probably be tempted to stab them to death literally.
I cant stand people who steal what other people had to work hard for. Makes my blood boil!!

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
EB_5.0_WAGON
Formerly known as NUDGE

It happens up here in Brisbane regularly at car yards as the new commonhore wheels will still fit the older holdens without the use of spacers.
Thats where the AU and BA falcons differ with needing the spacers.
Another car they like to target is hilux's at car yards.
2004 Toyota Prado GXL
EB_5.0_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:59 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Mmmm, pretty ****poor indeed and it really hits home when it affects somebody you know. Ive often read stories on here and thought "thank god we dont live in an area like that" - times are changing, and strangely enough i live in a town which has a jail and have never had a problem with theft.

That said I do however ensure the cars are as safe as possible, theyre parked up a long driveway righ next to the house, there are 3 security lights and a set of gates (admittedly picket ones) they'd have to get thru. and My room is right near the cars so if anything happens I can hear it. Lost count of how many times ive heard a bloody cat and gone out investigating with one of Dad's Callaway Big Berthas.
Old 19-07-2005, 07:36 AM   #7
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

It's awful, truly awful. I feel for them. At least the boss wasn't ****ed off! Nice guy by the sounds of it.

I hate parking my cars on the street. They're both nothing much to look at, but when one of them is off the road we really feel it (the buses around here are pathetic).

One morning last year I came out to find my drivers' side window smashed. At first I was out for blood but then after I got over my initial redheaded anger and aggression (gee, it's hard to fight!) I realised that it must've either a) been a couple of kids out for fun or b) been a stone kicked up from the road at the right angle as the road had just been resurfaced.

I figured it was the latter as nothing was taken (I had my mp3 player, sub, amp etc all in there) and my passenger door was unlocked... I wish I had a carport that wasn't full of crap and a handbrake that worked reliably well (it's a bit of a steep driveway to park on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #8
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Holdens are very high on the target list of thieves, seen it printed in articles in heaps of news papers, just another good reason to own a Ford.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did the car have locknuts? I have locknuts on my wheels.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #10
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Did the car have locknuts? I have locknuts on my wheels.
I had an agument with the insurance compny over locknuts. If the wheels were damaged but not stolen they would not pay for them to be either repaired or replaced, but if the were stolen they would of couse replace then. So no lock nuts for me. The worst thing i have had done was seome pri&k broke in the garage through the roof and stole all of my tools plus the stereo out of the car plus all my welding gear. The worst part was that when the took the radio the cut the wires at the back of it so it was no good to anyone. And they broke all of the dash as well.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #11
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
It's awful, truly awful. I feel for them. At least the boss wasn't ****ed off! Nice guy by the sounds of it.

I hate parking my cars on the street. They're both nothing much to look at, but when one of them is off the road we really feel it (the buses around here are pathetic).
I agree, sounds like the boss is a decent guy, I would have gone off like a frog in a sock if I was him!

I know what you mean about parking your cars on the street, ours are JUST off the street, mine is less then a meter from the mailbox. It worries me that someone could damage it from the street and then take off, and I'd have no hope of seeing them. And when any of our cars are off the road, we really feel it, for the same reason, public transport in this part of town is HOPELESS!

Lowlifes, I have no time for anyone who steals other peoples things. If I had my way...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 02:17 PM   #12
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

I've got a mate who's family love their holdens, they've always got three new holdens in the garage. His dad had at the time a VS wagon (his work car) parked in the driveway one night. One morning they found the wagon sitting on four old tires and the rims gone (I think they were VT SS rims). When I asked my mate what his dad's reaction was, he said " why didn't they just take the whole F%#*^N car!!!! This would have worked in their favour because he was to sell the wagon shortly after, and a VS wagon with 350K on the clock had a better insurance value then sale value.

But yeah I agree, absolute low life's, goes to show that they don't have respect for other peoples property!

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #13
mick.wheelz

Who ever did that is a low life and should be shot, people pay good money for nice wheels only for some bastard to nick them, it bull.
Old 19-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #14
EA_Bender
Hmmm Gold!!!

my driveway is on about a 30 degree angle, id love to see someone try to jack it up in the first place, (not that thats a challenge...) :yeees: i think this is the first time ive actually been happy about my driveway...
1990 EA Series 2 Fairmont, Low Springs and shocks, 17 x 7 Advanti Flash Mags running on Falken rubber :, EL XR8 Sway Bars, NGK Iridium Plugs, New Trip Comp, Pacemaker 4480, 2.5 system 4L ED engine with surecam

Now Sporting - OED666's 202+ RWHP engine!! :dj: fully
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 06:14 PM   #15
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The SS had lock nuts. Apparently you can get a 19mm socket hit on with a mallet and away you go. And the wheels that were on the SS were standard 18's all SS Commodores have, except the boss had his polished. Maybe they stood out more. More attractive to a thief.
Old 19-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #16
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Thieves are quite welcome to flog my wheels. I hate them.

Just leave the car alone.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #17
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

someone steal my wheels, i'll buy you a carton ;)
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #18
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

so bucky...

maybe you should have your car parked in a garage or something... i am worried in my area too.. car down the street was on bricks the other week.. it blows sooo hard when that happens!

yeah lock nuts do sh!t... maybe there has to be a new method of keeping your rims on the car...
maybe a gaurd dog?

was it in there drive way?

i have heard of peoploes wheels getting stolen out side of there bedroom window... INSANE!

my new method for keeping my rims on! lol

sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #19
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

That's terrible. I hate scum like that. I had a similar problem years ago. Our carport used to be in the back of a fenced yard. We usually parked there when we weren't going to be using it for a few days. One morning I went out to drive the car to work to give it a run, only to discover 3 wheel nuts lying on the ground. Next to the wheel nuts were large drops of blood that went back over the back fence. Apparently our dog (Bullterrier) had wandered around and saw someone she didn't recognise and took a bite or two!!! In their haste, they left a small trolley jack behind!! We didn't know a thing about it until I discovered the wheelnuts on the ground because the dog never used to bark!!! Best anti theft device I ever owned!!!
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #20
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Right out front of the garage. The only thing that saved the Crewman from a losee of wheels is direct view to the bedroom. With the crewman in the way, it was easy pickins.

We live on a main road for our area. Surprises me that no-one saw squat as you get a straight view along the road to their house. Maybe its normal to be removing 4 wheels off a commodore in the wee hours. :
Old 19-07-2005, 08:42 PM   #21
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Right out front of the garage. The only thing that saved the Crewman from a losee of wheels is direct view to the bedroom. With the crewman in the way, it was easy pickins.

We live on a main road for our area. Surprises me that no-one saw squat as you get a straight view along the road to their house. Maybe its normal to be removing 4 wheels off a commodore in the wee hours. :

hmmm very strange!!
i am going to get my mate (sparky) to install some new sensor lights around our drive way... cause i have 2 brand new trucks.... my car.... mums car little brothers car in the drive way... all with gadgets and rims to be taken,...... i guess just piece of mind if anything else!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post