Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-03-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation LNP. QLD.MOTORCYCLISTS, truck and ute drivers will pay more in registration fees

MOTORCYCLISTS, truck and ute drivers will pay more in registration fees to help fund an LNP promise to give the owners of "family vehicles" a reprieve from Australia's costliest car rego.

Opposition transport spokesman Scott Emerson yesterday conceded some drivers would face rego rises while private passenger cars under four tonnes had their registration frozen for three years.

Mr Emerson estimated the promise would cost an LNP government $120 million - or $40 million a year - and said it would announce "at a later date" how the policy would be funded.

The LNP reiterated its commitment to a three-year freeze on registration fees for family vehicles after the RACQ challenged parties to hold off on any increases until 2015.

External affairs manager Paul Turner said Queensland motorists paid more for car rego than anyone else, with a medium car costing $492.30 (excluding CTP) compared with $321 in New South Wales and $303 in Victoria.

"Reasonable and affordable motoring is a necessity for many Queenslanders, particularly those unable to access public transport alternatives," Mr Turner said.

He said private vehicles made up 75 per cent of all passenger travel in the state.

Transport Minister Annastacia Palaszczuk refused to commit to any registration fee freeze, and said the LNP's promise would cost $226 million over three years.

"Registration costs increased by CPI only in 2010-11 and 2011-12 and every rego dollar, plus some, is invested back into Queensland roads," she said.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #2
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LNP. QLD.MOTORCYCLISTS, truck and ute drivers will pay more in registration fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
MOTORCYCLISTS, truck and ute drivers will pay more in registration fees to help fund an LNP promise to give the owners of "family vehicles" a reprieve from Australia's costliest car rego.

Opposition transport spokesman Scott Emerson yesterday conceded some drivers would face rego rises while private passenger cars under four tonnes had their registration frozen for three years.

Mr Emerson estimated the promise would cost an LNP government $120 million - or $40 million a year - and said it would announce "at a later date" how the policy would be funded.

The LNP reiterated its commitment to a three-year freeze on registration fees for family vehicles after the RACQ challenged parties to hold off on any increases until 2015.

External affairs manager Paul Turner said Queensland motorists paid more for car rego than anyone else, with a medium car costing $492.30 (excluding CTP) compared with $321 in New South Wales and $303 in Victoria.

"Reasonable and affordable motoring is a necessity for many Queenslanders, particularly those unable to access public transport alternatives," Mr Turner said.

He said private vehicles made up 75 per cent of all passenger travel in the state.

Transport Minister Annastacia Palaszczuk refused to commit to any registration fee freeze, and said the LNP's promise would cost $226 million over three years.

"Registration costs increased by CPI only in 2010-11 and 2011-12 and every rego dollar, plus some, is invested back into Queensland roads," she said.
what about familys that have a duel cab ute for a family car??? I've seen that before
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Default Re: LNP. QLD.MOTORCYCLISTS, truck and ute drivers will pay more in registration fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider
what about familys that have a duel cab ute for a family car??? I've seen that before
Exactly what I was thinking. What a joke. It already costs more to run a ute and they want to make it worse

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Never knew weight had anything to do with fees, i thought it was engine capacity ie more cylinders, more costs. how they round mine up, scabs.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Er isnt this a political thread??

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just paid mine for the V8 and feel a bit tender where I sit - I need the inflatable do-nut - next one is the other car a 6 in a few days time
QLD car owners are just cash cows for the gov't what do I get back from the gov't for my $1700+ fee and the privilage of having 2 cars - not better roads that is for sure
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
BHDOGS
Banned

U get back the gift of helping people on centerlink
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
We do that with every tax/fee/charge etc,etc......
I'm not happy because I have a ute (2 actually) and don't need the room for a lot of people, but the big boot is very handy.

If the LNP or anyone start carrying on with this too much, the truckies are going to revolt something fierce.

Ed
Old 03-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strike GT
just paid mine for the V8 and feel a bit tender where I sit - I need the inflatable do-nut - next one is the other car a 6 in a few days time
QLD car owners are just cash cows for the gov't what do I get back from the gov't for my $1700+ fee and the privilage of having 2 cars - not better roads that is for sure
Lets not forget the theiving mongrels charging me $170 a year (yep $170) for trailer rego !!!

Its just another laim attempt for the government to get us into cars they want us to drive
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Yeah and everyone on centerlink payments are dole bludging no hopers !!!

Must tell the middle aged disability pensioner next door to get out and get a job
Oh hang on she can barely walk without the add of a walking frame

EDIT:
YES there are ALOT of dole bludging no hopers on centerlink ,but there are many who cant work or are unable to work
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
krzysiek

I don't even own a ute or a bike or anything like that, and I see this as ridiculous. Why are some people essentially being forced to 'help' others. Everyone is having a tough time, and just because you're in a ute or on a bike doesn't somehow label you as 'rich'.
krzysiek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it`s long been known that bike/car and commercial vehicle owners are easy targets, the statement saying family cars get a three year freeze is another way of saying ,
"we are still going to shaft you"........... "but just not for a little while" !!!
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

same thing happening again.

governments using motorists as cash cows.

everyone gets on all forums, calls them scabs etc etc.

yet NO-ONE is willing to actually do anything about it. no one is willing to take the next logical step if the government refuses to listen.

get 20,000 motorists to picket each states parliament house for a week, block every exit and entry, and see if you don't get a seat at the table.
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #14
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose

Well mods ... are you going to answer Jim's question?
Reads pretty political to me.
Personally I'd like a political sub-forum same as on Australia Ford Forums.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #15
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
same thing happening again.

governments using motorists as cash cows.

everyone gets on all forums, calls them scabs etc etc.

yet NO-ONE is willing to actually do anything about it. no one is willing to take the next logical step if the government refuses to listen.

get 20,000 motorists to picket each states parliament house for a week, block every exit and entry, and see if you don't get a seat at the table.

The reason you won't get 20,000 motorists picketing is because most of them will be better off. A subset of motorists will be worse off and the govt will loose $40M pa on rego.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #16
Scott

Blegggghhh, yuk. Another kick in the "Scott" family budget on the horizon...

Already being smashed on having a V8 Ute - if not for fuel, it's rego. So I'm trading across to a dual cab 4x4 in the hope of saving a few bucks on both of the afore mentioned...... guess "the other white meat" will cut me off at that pass too.

It's f*&^ing hard to take a trick these days...
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #17
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like it will likely be targeted at utes on commercial rego. We already pay 2-3 times more for tolls than passenger cars do.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #18
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Well, there goes my work truck. I'm trading it in on a Kia Carnival.........
Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #19
Karnage
Finger Painter

So one side is offering to freeze rego on the most common vehicle for families and they are the bad guys, meanwhile the other side will be raising rego every year on every vehicle to make sure we keep the highest rego in the country and that's ok?
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
From the sites T&C'S....

Quote:
1. Posts about or containing references to: religion, race, politics, sensitive or controversial subjects except at the discretion of the admin team.
Also...
Quote:
Posts which breach any of the points above will be removed at the absolute discretion of the administration team.
And...
Quote:
If you feel that a post has been removed or a warning issued incorrectly then please use the Private Messaging system (or the email link provided in the warning notification) to discuss the issue with a member of the admin team rather than discuss the issue publicly.
Pretty straight forward to me.

Regarding the thread, while I agree private use utes should be included. Problem may be that I'm guessing a number of owners use them for business purposes as well, so may be easier to lump all utes together.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suppose it could be considered political,,I posted it about possible increases in QLD registration costs..which are already too high..
Old 04-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Glad I sold my ute....

Registration in QLD is a joke especially considering all the toll roads we have now. I thought registration was to pay for road costs... Looks like I was wrong.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #23
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Personally, I think it's topical and relevant to this site. Not all topics are black and white, which is why the moderators make the call and no one else and if anyone disagrees they should do so via PM to keep threads on track. IMO of course.

Qld rego is expensive and any freeze would be a good thing. But I think if it does happen, it should be looked at to include all private vehicles.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #24
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Buy a car with your taxed money , and pay lct , stamp duty ,fuel tax , insurance , depreciation ,license renewal, rego, tolls , car parking , speed cameras ....is there any more ways of getting a little more out of car ownership ...they doubled me boat rego , put my 3 cars up 50 a year every year , bike rego to go up ....trailers that don't leave ya yard put them up ....I think I need to reassess my needs and wants , old govco don't no when to stop me thinks .....

Oh well push bikes are in fashion , and I will crank the still back up ...covered !!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #25
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Just move, how about going to Texas (USA)

http://www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/regist...ation_fees.htm

As of September 1, 2011, vehicle registration fees changed to make it easier for Texans to know what to pay.

Fees are standardized for cars, light pickups, heavy vehicles, including heavy-duty pickups, motor homes and commercial trucks, trailers and travel trailers.

Many Texans should see their passenger vehicle registration fee decrease, but those with older cars will experience a nominal increase that will not exceed $11. This allows the fee to be standardized for all cars and light trucks.

The new standard fee creates a base registration of $50.75 for cars and light pick-up trucks. Motor vehicles 6,001 to 10,000 pounds, which includes half-ton pick-up trucks, pay a $54 annual registration fee...

When was the last time you heard of a government "tax" going down?
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #26
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or Venezuala petrol is 3c a litre!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #27
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Or Venezuala petrol is 3c a litre!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wish fuel was that cheap here!! if it was i wouldn't be so annoyed when it came too paying rego!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #28
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider
wish fuel was that cheap here!! if it was i wouldn't be so annoyed when it came too paying rego!!!
Check these prices out!!!! http://www.mytravelcost.com/petrol-prices/
Old 05-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #29
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thou it could be worse for us petrol wise if we where in other countries i spose
Old 05-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #30
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Because nobody who rides a motorcycle also happens to own a car... What amazing logic!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post