Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2023, 05:43 PM   #20
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Tesla workers shared ‘intimate’ car camera images, ex-employees allege: ‘Massive invasion of privacy’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
My issue is that there's no punishment for corporates who are lax with customer data, Optus, Medibank, Latitude Financial, now Tasmanian Department of Education have all suffered customer data breaches, things where Optus customers needed to get new drivers licences because now criminals have enough information to start identity theft and get credit cards in their names et al.

Australian businesses have been getting targeted last year and this year as organized crime knows our business doesn't take IT issues seriously nor is there legislation or limitations on businesses storing your personal information or how they protect it.

It encourages bad behavior by business, they don't want to invest in IT to protect it, and they want to keep all your information as well with no limits - laughing at my cock isn't a huge deal.
Careless and stupid people keeps me in a job

Interesting thing is, there are some bits of your personal info, usually the sensitive ones, that never changes. So if you got hacked once, and the data is on the web, then it makes "no difference" if you have been hacked a thousand times, the data is already in the public forever.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post