Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
XR6XTC
Phantom

Default Rego Sticker placement

Hi ppl,

I am from VIC and I got done a few days ago for speeding, I admitted I was driving at a fair rate of knots and why so the nice police officer had a chuckle and let me off with the minimum fine instead of burning my licence on the spot... but also, he gave me a fine for the rego sticker being in the wrong place.
I am just curious as to where the sticker should be?
As I am a Windscreen fitter by trade, I see shitloads of cars with their reg stickers in the same place mine is (top left hand corner just under the tint) but the copper said it has to be in the bottom left hand corner.

Anyone care to comment or should I just be a nice citizen and pay the $55.00 fine for the sticker too?

Cheers.

Old 13-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
kocho
The Futuriser

Mines bottom left, and thats where I thought they had to be. However, I do see a few top left.

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

thats a strange one, my folks have always put their stickers just under the tint...... i put mine in the tinted band, its still visible as its at the bottom of the band where its not so dark, have done ever since ive owned the car, (i understand thats not legal and will pay the fine if i get one) but police have seen it when ive been pulled over and not even commented.

IMO, if you got off lightly from what you were doing, it might just be in your interests to pay it.
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
formerly
loving the Xr8

Have always had mine on the passenger side rear window (the one that doesnt move) until i bought the ute, now sits under the tint top of window (didnt actually realise it was obscured so much till this thread!!). Been pulled over plenty in the past for RBT and what not as used to live in same street as the local..... never got questioned or asked about it....
formerly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #5
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doesn't it say on the paper you peel off where it has to go. In WA it does and we have to have it on the bottom left corner.
I think NSW can have it on the left rear window or at least they used to, not sure about these days.
Old 13-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
savagE
Complete ****** n bogan

I have mine on the Left Rear window, the one that doesn't move. My Mechanic told me thats where they have to be, so be it.
savagE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like that really matters!? i put mine wherever!
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bottom left of windscreen or passenger side rear window. Says it on your rego info (might vary state to state though).

I've never seen anyone put it on the top left of the windscreen before... That would just look weird :P
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When standing in front of the car, the rego sticker is placed on the bottom right hand corner of the windshield.

When you get in the car, this sticker will then be on the bottom left hand corner of the windshield.

This is how it has always been, but I was unaware of any laws.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Back of my rego papers in VIC:

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #11
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

My NSW rego papers state it has to be put on the inside of the windscreen or a fixed glass panel on the left side of the vehicle..... but not under any anti-glare or tint film.
Old 13-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Havn't changed my rego sticker in 3 years, It still has my old rego on it, I have been pulled over by a cop and all the cop wanted to know was if the car was registered under my rego plates or the rego sticker, told them I just hadn't bothered to change the sticker, and he told me he don't care as long as the car IS registered, thats all that matters.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #13
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

here in qld it MUST go on the lower left hand corner of the windscreen OR a passenger side fixed or pivoting window.

so either- passenger side bottom of front screen,
- Pass side front quater vent window (older vehicles)
- Pass side rear quater glass window (the little bit on most rear doors now days)

You are also legally bound to remove all traces of the old stickers.

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #14
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

Although having said all that, i regularly see stickers in retarded places...
i often see an el wagon with the sticker slapped in the centre of the passenger side front window...window goes down sticker dissapears, not to mention how annoying it must be looking past it all day.

or ones where the sticker has been put on a rear quater glass, but over tint (not the tint band on windscreens but standard window tint)- over time the sticker destroys the tint- doh!

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #15
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Hmm, i have always put mine just under the tint... with just the White bit at the bottom showing, but the old man puts his at the bottom,
weird... At least its not some rediculous (sp?) demerit point+huge fine deal though...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Havn't changed my rego sticker in 3 years, It still has my old rego on it, I have been pulled over by a cop and all the cop wanted to know was if the car was registered under my rego plates or the rego sticker, told them I just hadn't bothered to change the sticker, and he told me he don't care as long as the car IS registered, thats all that matters.
In qld you get fined for this, and points taken im told.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #17
XR6XTC
Phantom

Hmmm... thanks guys. But considering I still have my licence in my wallet, I think I might pay the $55 on top of the minimum speeding fine. Afterall, it could have been $320+ and loss of licence for a month.

Cheers.
Old 13-11-2007, 11:53 PM   #18
T-BOOST
Blue Power enhanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6XTC
Hmmm... thanks guys. But considering I still have my licence in my wallet, I think I might pay the $55 on top of the minimum speeding fine. Afterall, it could have been $320+ and loss of licence for a month.

Cheers.
Sorry to go off the topic but i think i saw your car the other day that number plate seems to ring a bell. I'm in the S/E suburbs.

also selling my C.A.P.A tune box

pics of my Turbo Ghia are here
EGO TTG
Dont forget to rate it :
T-BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #19
XR6XTC
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BOOST
Sorry to go off the topic but i think i saw your car the other day that number plate seems to ring a bell. I'm in the S/E suburbs.
I doubt you would have seen me in the S/E burbs, in the west, definetly though.
Old 14-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #20
89 S-PACK

i was told to move my sticker on my old falcon....
they made me do it at the booze bus too.you have to have it in the bottom left by law in victoria.....

i argued it was a blind spot being that low. but i had to move it there and then. it was on the top left below the tint..... mind you i had my p plate in the tint, and that wasnt the problem... just the rego sticker was in the wrong place.
i didnt get fined or points taken...

so now i put it as far as i can in the bottom left corner. sometimes is a pain to remove..... but it keeps them and me semi happy

but the week later i moved my p under it so it partially blocked it and i never got warned for it..
only warning i got for that was my p's had faded and they were difficult to see
mind you this was close to 5 years ago.....
didnt lose points for that either or fined...
i feel sorry for the people under the new rules

02 (VX) Holden Commodore Equipe series 2 S/wagon.
Manual, Lsd, Catback, Svsi lpg.
still a nice reliable upgrade from the old magna..

Last edited by 89 S-PACK; 14-11-2007 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typo
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #21
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6XTC
Hi ppl,

I am from VIC and I got done a few days ago for speeding, I admitted I was driving at a fair rate of knots and why so the nice police officer had a chuckle and let me off with the minimum fine instead of burning my licence on the spot... but also, he gave me a fine for the rego sticker being in the wrong place.
I am just curious as to where the sticker should be?
As I am a Windscreen fitter by trade, I see shitloads of cars with their reg stickers in the same place mine is (top left hand corner just under the tint) but the copper said it has to be in the bottom left hand corner.

Anyone care to comment or should I just be a nice citizen and pay the $55.00 fine for the sticker too?

Cheers.
I'd say the copper figured out that you were being polite and a good bloke so he didnt want to burn your licence but thought the speeding fine he gave you wasn't quite enough punishment. Pay up the $55 and consider it a good outcome I reckon. See, not all coppers are ***holes
Regards,
Tote
Old 14-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #22
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bottom left always for me...Unless you are sure in your state you get no instructions like above just pay it. Its not even quarter a night, out on the turps for me.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post