Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Patience and anger management

Well theres been a few threads about people getting agro at servos and being assaulted because they were too slow to move....

This arvo I had a moment of "What the hell is wrong with you people?"

Just filled up, paid, moved my car to the airhose. Did the tyres, so i quickly grabbed the squeegie and did my front window. I had done half the window and moved to the other half. There was no cars around.

In the time i walked to the other side a little red nissan with oldish male pulls up.
Took me 30secs to finish and was just getting into car to move off when he reverses from infront of me, then goes past me and hurls abuse...
"Ya effing ****** ya blockin the air line!"

He then drives off!
I mean I was getting IN THE CAR!
What the hell is wrong with these knobs where you cant wait 30secs for an air line??

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Default Re: Patience and anger management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Well theres been a few threads about people getting agro at servos and being assaulted because they were too slow to move....

Just filled up, paid, moved my car to the airhose. Did the tyres, so i quickly grabbed the squeegie and did my front window. I had done half the window and moved to the other half. There was no cars around.

In the time i walked to the other side a little red nissan with oldish male pulls up.
Took me 30secs to finish and was just getting into car to move off when he reverses from infront of me, then goes past me and hurls abuse...

He then drives off!
What the hell is wrong with these knobs where you cant wait 30secs for an air line??

Lol.
Hey Jim (please take this as tounge in cheek as it is intended.)

We have all had to learn Patience and anger management since you became a member
Old 30-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
I have those moments every day in public...particularly in shopping centres...

I find it humorous that he drove off without waiting, and that's also becoming common. It's real easy to mouth off at someone then drive away, takes a few more brass ones to stick around and wait for the response. Then again, most people are non-confrontational...and then there's those who can dish but can't take.

I'll just go back to sleep now I think...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Lol.
Hey Jim (please take this as tounge in cheek as it is intended.)

We have all had to learn Patience and anger management since you became a member

aww geees... i know you guys love me.... oh wait...

Old 30-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Must be the heat up there Goosemeister. Fries some part of the brain.

Years ago I had a mechanical issue on the old road between Rocky and Mackay.
Had a poke around, turned around, and headed back to Mackay.
Stopped at a 'roadhouse' (just a servo with a kitchen and a picnic table) in the middle of nowhere south of Sarina and ordered some hugely over-priced breakfast, and went to the gents to wash my greasy hands.
No hot water - no problemo and quite usual in that time and place - but no soap either. So I asked the woman behind the counter for some soap and was told that I'd have to pay for it.
Anger management required big-time.

But on the other hand, during another journey in the same area, I ran out of fuel towing a trailer. I knew the servo (the same one maybe) must be not far ahead, so I walked to the nearest farm with a fuel-can and asked the farmer for a hand. He only had diesel of course, and probably had had to deal with dumbo drivers before, but he gave his kids the keys to the Fairlane and sent us off to fuel-up.
Servo was about a kilometer away. Oldest kid would've been about 12, and did the driving.

Last edited by shedcoupe; 30-04-2011 at 08:18 PM.
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was once driven around a "farm" (read: dence bushland) up at cape york once by a kid who was about 10yrs old in an old suzuki, his brother (about 12) was behind him swearing and hitting him the whole trip as the little driver couldnt reach the clutch and was grinding gears..... after about 5mins of the "tour" i suddenly needed a stiff drink...

Old 30-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I put up with aggro most days at work either on the phone or at the counter. So many people get steamed when they can't get parts for their 25-30 yr old Ford and tell you that they could buy holden parts for 25-30yr old ones anywhere in Australia.. I just wish them a happy day and say sorry still can't help you.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
Pis-ton broke
Banned

I have a favorite saying, "don,t let as.h/les upset me" cause its not worth it. just have a little laugh to yourself and think, what a ********. also there are lots of people with mental problems, its not there fault, maybe they forgot to take there medication.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

You air hose hogs are all the same!

I had someone half yell abuse at me yesterday, only to realise they were yelling at the wrong person...they then turned to the right person and continued their rant.

The amount of muppets that do things wrong and don't even apologise or realise it is wrong of late, really astounds me!
Old 30-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

He then drives off!
Your name aint Rpbinson Carusoe , of course there is an agenda of "dumbing down" and it is reflected in general behavior and language , I couldn't swear at home when younger and wont have swearing or boorish behaviour in my home yet occasionaly someone unsued to being semi polite takes exception to having this explained , daily driving used to be a pleasure now it's a triage of lousy driving bad road behavior and slow witted herds of speed whooped minions . I still drive and can swear in the car

Must make an effort to use the muppit filter more often
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #11
familybus

i pulled up at a servo on empty in the new Pathfinder and it was my first feul stop in it.....
after lookin for the feul cap release and rlising i was holding up others decided to just drive home and find the fuel cap open button then return!

as i got in the car i heard a bloke in the next car call me an idiot and i turned to mu missis and said "farkin ****** just called me an idiot"

as i pulled out of the drive not even 10 meters..... the damn car runs out of fuel, as i get the ***** and fly open the door i noticed 2 small buttons under the arm rest

1) fuel cap release
2) rear boot release
familybus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #12
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I have told the story here before, but I had an old guy doing 40 in an 80 zone, when we got to the dotted lines I overtook, he swerved at me and then yelled abuse and stuck his finger up. Myself and my partner just looked at each other amazed, I had never once tailgated him or beeped, I just sat back and waited for the oppurtunity to overtake. I went home for 15mins, then to my amazement caught up to him again only 5kms from home, so I had overtaken him, driven 2-3kms home, been at home 15mins, got back in the car proceeded 1-2km back to said road, then another 5km down said road and overtook him again. This time it was a dual carriage way, but you have to wonder at these people who think it is their right to travel at any speed they feel, then get annoyed because somebody goes past them.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #13
Scott

Meh, you can only do so much to be a good sport on the road. Frig him...
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #14
nstg8a

i had it today... pulled into to get some lpg, the servo only had one lpg pump and that one already had an old guy filling up his car.
it was the front pump of two, so i pulled in behind hiim and waited for him to finish, then this guy behind pulls in behind me and starts tooting his horn. i ignore him the first couple of times but then he just keeps doing it.
by this this time the old guy had finished and was about to pull out, so i pulled forward and started filling mineup, the guy behind me pulls forward jumps out and starts filling up. says nothing.

so i deliberatly make eye contact, just to see if he says anything, and he goes ' wasnt this pump good enough for ya?'

so i just replied 'nup'.

as i walk away i hear him going to his missus, 'what a dick, this pump wasnt good enough for him'
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #15
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
i had it today... pulled into to get some lpg, the servo only had one lpg pump and that one already had an old guy filling up his car.
it was the front pump of two, so i pulled in behind hiim and waited for him to finish, then this guy behind pulls in behind me and starts tooting his horn. i ignore him the first couple of times but then he just keeps doing it.
by this this time the old guy had finished and was about to pull out, so i pulled forward and started filling mineup, the guy behind me pulls forward jumps out and starts filling up. says nothing.

so i deliberatly make eye contact, just to see if he says anything, and he goes ' wasnt this pump good enough for ya?'

so i just replied 'nup'.

as i walk away i hear him going to his missus, 'what a dick, this pump wasnt good enough for him'
Haha, you can probably make a safe assumption his missus looked, checked the pump was LPG and called him a dick...

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 01-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Man, if that guy come across me filling up my TDCI Focus and he wanted the diesel pump, he'd blow his brains out his *** I reckon.

It takes like 15 minutes to fill the thing up depending on the batch of diesel at the local servo, sometimes it just foams up all the time triggering the pump off so you have to slowly trickle it in.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #17
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
Haha, you can probably make a safe assumption his missus looked, checked the pump was LPG and called him a dick...
what i hate... is all these muppets seem to have hot missus' lol... she was a stunner, and he looked like his parents were related.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #18
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:

He then drives off!
Everyone's got their own problems and in todays world, people are getting very easily stressed out.

Like anyone with a triple-digit IQ, you learn to just ignore them and get on with things in your own time.

Or....you could avoid using the airhose altogether by filling your tyres with nitrogen at your local Bob Jane for a crisp $20 bill.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #19
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
what i hate... is all these muppets seem to have hot missus' lol... she was a stunner ......
I could tell you why this is so, but the inconvenient truth might be a bit too much to handle since you're very likely to be one of the decent and reasonable guys ......

Old 01-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #20
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
what i hate... is all these muppets seem to have hot missus' lol... she was a stunner, and he looked like his parents were related.
A lot of ladies like blokes that are d*ckhe*ds or treat them badly. I haven't quite worked out why yet but it happens. Look at all the battered and abused women that leave one abusive partner and then find another one who treats her exactly the same.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #21
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Time for an 'insights gained at great personal cost' thread ???

Last edited by shedcoupe; 01-05-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #22
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

since i wasn't there, and i never take someone's elses word as gospel, i don't know what happend and am not commenting on the particular situation

it is fair enough for people to ask for patience when filling up, or at traffic lights or . . . .
from the other side of the coin, if people had respect for others and actually tried to not hinder everyone else, then patience might be shown on more occasions

people only care about their own situation - as long as they do not have to wait,that is fine - but if they are the ones waiting, there is a problem. if people actually tried to not hinder everyone else, then the patience and tolerance level of many people would rise. unfortunately there are precious few people in the world that have ever been wrong, so that will never happen. it is just too easy to blame someone else for doing the same thing they do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
A lot of ladies like blokes that are d*ckhe*ds or treat them badly. I haven't quite worked out why yet but it happens. Look at all the battered and abused women that leave one abusive partner and then find another one who treats her exactly the same.
it is more than likely true that even good girls like bad boys. they are probably much more fun to be around and therefore they are attracted to them
with the battered and abused women, that can be a totally different situation. they do not get with the guy to be beaten, but once the beatings start it is very difficult to leave. the threat of more violence is one reason a women stays in a bad situation. the other problem is that anyone getting beaten generally has low self esteem. the bully feeds on this and the beaten person then feels they could not survive in the world without their bully . . . . and round and round it goes

Last edited by gtxb67; 01-05-2011 at 11:29 AM.
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #23
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was in line to get fuel, as was the car in front of me. 2 cars leave, the pumps clear, he's going for LPG and doesn't drive far enough forward. I pull right up behind him, but still can't get the nozzle to the fuel filler. His filler on a BF ute was positioned just behind the pump, so he could have gone another metre without even causing himself a problem. Effectively he was blocking all 3 pumps. So before I moved I said, "If you moved a little further forward, we could both fill up." in a clearly annoyed tone. Let's just hope he learns for next time.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #24
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
Or....you could avoid using the airhose altogether by filling your tyres with nitrogen at your local Bob Jane for a crisp $20 bill.
$20 for an extra 22% nitrogen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #25
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
I was in line to get fuel, as was the car in front of me. 2 cars leave, the pumps clear, he's going for LPG and doesn't drive far enough forward. I pull right up behind him, but still can't get the nozzle to the fuel filler. His filler on a BF ute was positioned just behind the pump, so he could have gone another metre without even causing himself a problem. Effectively he was blocking all 3 pumps. So before I moved I said, "If you moved a little further forward, we could both fill up." in a clearly annoyed tone. Let's just hope he learns for next time.
As much as I dislike nannyism, it does have a place sometimes.
Years ago there was a tv campaign in qld which showed in simple terms why bad driving examples were actually bad, so that the insensitive drivers might pick up on them and learn to do the right thing.
An example - if a truck is slowing for a red light, don't pass it and slot into the truck's lane, as the truck is much harder to stop than a car and needs more space to stop.
As a young d---head hoon I thought 'oh that's why they flash their lights and shake their fists at me' and stopped the practice. (Learnt a lot more about the truck vs car thing when hitchhiking later on too)
So maybe a 'how to fill up at the servo so everyone wins' advert from the fuel companies would be a good thing. (Cute, smiling boys and girls giving each-other happy little waves of acknowledgement etc)
They could even put whacking great standardised signs on the bowsers that show what each one dispenses, so that when you go into an unfamiliar servo you don't stop and gawk and peer around, trying to work out which one is the 95 or 98 or LPG bowser.
I've written to all the companies re this in the past but have never had a reply of course - presumably they are more interested in having the latest 'designer' servos with useless little signs.

Last edited by shedcoupe; 01-05-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #26
nstg8a

one issue that always seem to happen at the servo i normally go to (not the one i mentioned earlier) is two taxis will pull in front of the only two lpg pumps, fill up, then spend the next ten minutes cleaning all their windows, taking their rubbish out etc.
last time it happened i was in a hurry so i pulled round in front of them and parked across the front of both vans so the lpg hose would reach mine.
i had time to fill up, go in and pay and when i came out they were still just mucking round
Old 01-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #27
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last night I witnessed a car turning into a driveway. 3 lane road and was at 7 at night so it was a pretty quite road. They turn in at a decent speed. Guy in a Merc CLS behind couldn't be slowed for 3 seconds so he is there laying on his horn.
20 Metres further up the road the guy in the Merc turns left anyway.
So he didn't want to slow down for a car turning when he was about to do the exact same thing. Talk about impatient.

I wish I was behind this merc so I could of laid on the horn as he made his turn.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #28
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
it is fair enough for people to ask for patience when filling up, or at traffic lights or . . . .
from the other side of the coin, if people had respect for others and actually tried to not hinder everyone else, then patience might be shown on more occasions

people only care about their own situation - as long as they do not have to wait,that is fine - but if they are the ones waiting, there is a problem. if people actually tried to not hinder everyone else, then the patience and tolerance level of many people would rise. unfortunately there are precious few people in the world that have ever been wrong, so that will never happen. it is just too easy to blame someone else for doing the same thing they do
Me-ism is, unfortunately, everywhere. There's not a lot that can be done about it. Clearly visible in the supermarket, a full trolley, full checkouts and someone standing with one item. It's not hard to let that person in...many other situations work the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
it is more than likely true that even good girls like bad boys. they are probably much more fun to be around and therefore they are attracted to them
with the battered and abused women, that can be a totally different situation. they do not get with the guy to be beaten, but once the beatings start it is very difficult to leave. the threat of more violence is one reason a women stays in a bad situation. the other problem is that anyone getting beaten generally has low self esteem. the bully feeds on this and the beaten person then feels they could not survive in the world without their bully . . . . and round and round it goes
I don't know that it's we're more attracted to them. As we grow up, most of us do things to upset our parents (including date boys who are 'bad'). It tends to stick with us, even as we enter our early twenties, and for some of us, late twenties...we become accustomed to it. The rest of it, well, I can't deny that either...it takes a really strong woman to get up the courage to leave.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #29
zdcol71
zdcol71

Probably not really related,.... but the other day I'm at the supermarket...not the mall or Wallmart.. just our local Coles...I've got just a few too many things to be at the 12 or less aisle.This particular time there are 2 checkouts operating...2 people being "processed" and 2 more waiting behind them in each operating line. So I'm standing between the 2 lines waiting to see which one gets "processed" first, so that this will be the line I join, and an "old bloke " pulls up behind me..."What line you in mate??".. "Not actually in a line yet mate, just waiting to see who is getting"processed" first"..."well ya better get in one or the other ,cause I'm PICKIN THIS ONE!!" "Well.. I'm actually next in line so I'll just wait to see who is finished first" ...."No you won't , I'm jumping in to this line and if it gets served before you, tough *****!!"
Anyway the old guy gets messed around ,and I'm out long before him, but I had to hang around to let him know,(when he and his wife got out)..that just because you guys are old...the world doesn't owe you anything!!!There are still conventions that hold true,..I respect that you have done a lot in your lives, seen a whole bunch more than I have yet, but for christs'sake, I don't owe you anything just because you are post 60!! Show some respect, you may get some in return. I'm sure this is relevant to someone looking for some air at the pump as well!! (PS, before I get accused of being some sort of snot nosed brat...I'm well into my 50s)
Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #30
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
Probably not really related,.... but the other day I'm at the supermarket...not the mall or Wallmart.. just our local Coles...I've got just a few too many things to be at the 12 or less aisle.This particular time there are 2 checkouts operating...2 people being "processed" and 2 more waiting behind them in each operating line. So I'm standing between the 2 lines waiting to see which one gets "processed" first, so that this will be the line I join, and an "old bloke " pulls up behind me..."What line you in mate??".. "Not actually in a line yet mate, just waiting to see who is getting"processed" first"..."well ya better get in one or the other ,cause I'm PICKIN THIS ONE!!" "Well.. I'm actually next in line so I'll just wait to see who is finished first" ...."No you won't , I'm jumping in to this line and if it gets served before you, tough *****!!"
Anyway the old guy gets messed around ,and I'm out long before him, but I had to hang around to let him know,(when he and his wife got out)..that just because you guys are old...the world doesn't owe you anything!!!There are still conventions that hold true,..I respect that you have done a lot in your lives, seen a whole bunch more than I have yet, but for christs'sake, I don't owe you anything just because you are post 60!! Show some respect, you may get some in return. I'm sure this is relevant to someone looking for some air at the pump as well!! (PS, before I get accused of being some sort of snot nosed brat...I'm well into my 50s)
am i reading this right. you thought that he had to wait for you to make up your mind about which queue to enter, before he could enter one
i am sorry but you go to which ever line you believe suits you. you do not watch over 2 or 3 or 4 just to make sure you choose correctly. if you get in the slow one - tough
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post