Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-08-2006, 01:25 AM   #1
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 
Default Good service from Ford

I'm starting a thread without a whinge this time. I am very fussy when it comes to cars, having restored a classic car to outright Concours winning condition.

I had my car serviced today (Saturday) and I was completely happy with the service. The local dealer does it on Saturday mornings which eliminates any disruptions to my work during the week.

It does seem to go better now. I didnt mention about the slack handbrake. It is tight as anything now, with only 2-3 clicks to max. Also I mentioned about the noisy heater fan. "Its on order" was the reply when I came to pick up the car (still under warranty).

Gone are the days where I thought my mother knew more about cars than the guy behind the desk. This guy was really informative about the various items discussed.

All for $219.00, which justifies one of my reasons for going for a Ghia instead of a Subaru or Mazda 6.

Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 01:28 AM   #2
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

always good to get possitive feedback about a dealer !!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 01:29 AM   #3
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

that sounds good, that must be a first on these forums!

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 01:33 AM   #4
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Cmon give 'em a plug so we can all benefit from decent dealerships. Good to hear for a change.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 01:38 AM   #5
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

There is only one ford dealer in the Alice. I get both my wifes LX Fiesta and my XR8 serviced there. I have no complaints at all. The service manager knows his stuff and you can actually get to talk to him, unlike the other holden/nissan/toyota/hyundai/mitsubishi dealer. I used to get my patrol serviced there..... useless.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
Dimi_Ghia
Yeah it's a V8 mate.

I'm looking for a good Dealer as my car is due for a service shortly.
Who is the dealer?

2016 LZ FOCUS TREND SEDAN IN CANDY RED
Dimi_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 10:34 AM   #7
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Well that good to hear that some Ford dealer can do the right thing. Now to try & find one.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #8
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

I've been going to Sunford in Sunbury, Vic for some 6 years or so now.

Their service has generally been quite good, except around 3 years ago when it was a bit mediocre. This general good service, plus being able to have it done on Saturdays, was one of the reasons why I continued with Ford by purchasing a BA Ghia, after my AU Fairmont.

I had a few problems with my Ghia when I first got it, but the guy at the time Warren, worked hard to put them right. The problem was eventually found to be an intermittent fault in the TPS. Another fault was the transmission shift when cold which affected some cars, but this has virtually gone away with a flash upgrade last year.

Yesterday there was a new guy Michael, who reinforced my faith in that dealership. I understand the dealer has just changed ownership, and that the new owners wanted to improve customer service. I just wanted to say in this forum that there are not just unhappy Ford customers out there, that some are happy with the service.

The only worrying thing is that service personnel keep changing frequently, and therefore standards will change. I only hope for this dealership it stays at this level, with improvements as required.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post